Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-09-2006, 17:41   #1
I am Banned

Todays Match [Boston]

What a great game just about recovered from the clincher at the end lol What about Boston they dont half like being touchy feely with our lot poor Mully had his head pulled & pushed down so many times, plus also his coca cola badge on his sleeve was hanging off with those lot tugging him back, what about that ref he cant see past the end of his nose could he? I wont repeat Doug's words hehehehehehehe & least i could spot Kisser this time hehehehe

Good being in clayton end gawd i've hardly a voice left & i got to hear the cart on stanley song ...... its a good one when's it available
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 16-09-2006, 18:08   #2
God Member

Re: Todays Match [Boston]

It was also nice that the Police stayed away.
That must have saved us a fortune!
Redash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2006, 19:12   #3
God Member

Fantastic result again.Onya Stanley.Was it a wet day there as I see the attendence was only 1916,when you could reasonably have expected at least 50% more after the Wrexham result?.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2006, 19:16   #4
Senior Member+

It was dry...Perfect day for football...Not to hot but not to cold and an excellent finish to the game...6 points from 6 this week...roll on watford...
Old 16-09-2006, 19:19   #5
God Member

Wrexham must still have that 'cardboard cut-out' between the sticks going by todays result for them.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2006, 19:31   #6

I loved the end but couldn't stand the game, the ref was a disgrace and I seriously had given up hope when mangan hit the post but a great win and another 3 points
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2006, 19:36   #7
Senior Member+

Yes the result was great, but the play was awful at times. Yes there was a ref and his liners who were blind as bats, but that must be no excuse for not being able to keep hold of the ball. And where the hell have all the fans gone. On wednesday night we had nigh on 2000 Accringtonians, todays attendance meant we lost 250 of those. Still think Doherty is a weak link. Great to see Rob Elliott back in good health. Will be interested to see Rikki Bains playing - even if it is for the reserves. After Wednesday night, today was a disappointment.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2006, 20:17   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi John
Wrexham must still have that 'cardboard cut-out' between the sticks going by todays result for them.
Funny thing is they ditched him, wasn't even on the bench today and they still had 5 put past them
According to the Wreckem forum during the week they were blaming their loss on Ingham (keeper) and Accys floodlights - can't wait to read todays excuses - off over there now to have a look

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2006, 20:49   #9
Senior Member+

There's highlights from BBC Radio Lincolnshire's commentary (and more) if you follow the link on the official site match report. Boston's manager reckons the liner was blind!
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2006, 04:29   #10

3 points in the bag is the main thing, but the big hoof up to Mullin is so predictable I could have nipped out and intercepted it myself. We need to keep it on the ground and make some more creative plays, out of 95 minutes of footy the ball was higher than the stand for 80. Boston had obviosly done their homework and foiled the usual schemes, all 3 goals came through sloppyness. But still 2 wins in a row cant hurt as we prepare to humiliate Watford.

No-One is completely useless........
They can always serve as a bad example.
www.panjenix.co.uk
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2006, 10:06   #11
Senior Member+

top game, top performance from are boys good to see rob elliot back aswell

The Harder The Conflict, The More Glorious The Triumph

MCR ADIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2006, 12:37   #12
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accymel
What a great game just about recovered from the clincher at the end lol What about Boston they dont half like being touchy feely with our lot poor Mully had his head pulled & pushed down so many times, plus also his coca cola badge on his sleeve was hanging off with those lot tugging him back, what about that ref he cant see past the end of his nose could he? I wont repeat Doug's words hehehehehehehe & least i could spot Kisser this time hehehehe

Good being in clayton end gawd i've hardly a voice left & i got to hear the cart on stanley song ...... its a good one when's it available
Hey mel yesterday I was seriously concerned that you were going to get your sewing kit and get on that pitch to sort mullins kit out you were getting obsessed with his patch hanging off, lol

I've just about stopped shaking and it's a shame we could only have half a lager after match eh???

As for Doug and I thought you were a gentleman and didn't know such words...was it worker you kept shouting at the ref???

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2006, 12:49   #13
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by harwood red
Hey mel yesterday I was seriously concerned that you were going to get your sewing kit and get on that pitch to sort mullins kit out you were getting obsessed with his patch hanging off, lol

I've just about stopped shaking and it's a shame we could only have half a lager after match eh???

As for Doug and I thought you were a gentleman and didn't know such words...was it worker you kept shouting at the ref???
True if i had brought me kit i would of lol poor Mully he did need patching up a bit after some bumble bees tugged it i think they wanted it hehehe

Least half a pint cured some shakes hehehehe tho i think the drink given half a chance would of certainly flowed hehehehehe

Least you managed to calm Doug down before he lost his full verbal control hehehehe
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2006, 18:08   #14

Yeh Great Game. The Ref Was Rubbish! They Made Mullin Look Like He Ad A Bad Game. Brilliant Goal At The End To Make Us All Go Wild In The Clayton End!!! If One Thing Dissapointed Me It Was The Attendance They Were More In The Mid Week And I Would Exect More At Weekend And Especially After Beatin Wrexham 5-0!
rocketste is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..