Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-05-2014, 14:50   #16
God Member

Re: Match Coverage - Your Thoughts

Thanks, SamF.
Redraine likes this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 25-05-2014, 06:52   #17
God Member

I would be interested Dan,but only for about half the games when our daylight saving is in force and yours isn't. 4AM is a better time to arise than 2AM. Therefore, I would want to pay match by match. Bring it on.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2014, 09:57   #18
Senior Member+

on seeing christies Child post.
I decided to look at the Morecambe set up.
for a fee of £4.49 a month or £37.99 direct debit a year
they offer
Live audio commentary
Works on Mac and PC worldwide
Match and extended highlights
High quality 1.8MB Flash stream
Dan this looks like a very good set up, would this be possible for our site ?
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2014, 11:09   #19

Out of curiosity Kiwi would you be interested in a non-live recording of the commentary?
As in you good sleep in - get the commentary and then listen to it as it happened?
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2014, 13:51   #20

Dan - request from me would be that the service didn't use flash - I'd like to be able to access it via mobile.
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2014, 16:00   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamF View Post
Dan - request from me would be that the service didn't use flash - I'd like to be able to access it via mobile.
I'd prefer that as well for the same reason although it wouldn't be a major problem.
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2014, 17:30   #22

Thumbs up Re: Match Coverage - Your Thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by accybeme View Post
on seeing christies Child post.
I decided to look at the Morecambe set up.
for a fee of £4.49 a month or £37.99 direct debit a year
they offer
Live audio commentary
Works on Mac and PC worldwide
Match and extended highlights
High quality 1.8MB Flash stream
Dan this looks like a very good set up, would this be possible for our site ?
The majority find the service brilliant, even better when the commentators add a touch of humour which our guys do. The club provide the service FOC to ALL season ticket holders which makes it a brilliant deal. Would recommend it to you guys!
Christies Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2014, 18:51   #23
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamF View Post
Out of curiosity Kiwi would you be interested in a non-live recording of the commentary?
As in you good sleep in - get the commentary and then listen to it as it happened?
WTF???!!!--Whats a 'sleep in'??? Haven't done one of those for 30 years..

" NO", I wouldn't listen to a delayed commentary,live yes, delayed no. Straight to the FT result.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2014, 20:03   #24
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

As i'm at many of games H@A, would yeh be able to use fer individual games?
Old 26-05-2014, 18:36   #25
God Member

in answer to the question of whether we could have the same player type facility as Morecambe with all the footage etc, I would imagine there's a big no in there somewhere. As the FL own the rights to broadcasts you would need to be tied into some sort of FL deal - and that's what the player is. If you notice all these other club websites are identikit sites with just the content and colouring changed to suit. Stanley have never been interested in that probably because you have to waiver a lot of the advertising revenue from it and have little or no control over its' content beyond news. That was the story in 2006 when we got promoted and I can't see that it would have changed much
Old 26-05-2014, 19:10   #26
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
in answer to the question of whether we could have the same player type facility as Morecambe with all the footage etc, I would imagine there's a big no in there somewhere. As the FL own the rights to broadcasts you would need to be tied into some sort of FL deal - and that's what the player is. If you notice all these other club websites are identikit sites with just the content and colouring changed to suit. Stanley have never been interested in that probably because you have to waiver a lot of the advertising revenue from it and have little or no control over its' content beyond news. That was the story in 2006 when we got promoted and I can't see that it would have changed much
I read with interest but where do you obtain the facts & in formation on the cost & wavering advertising revenue
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..