Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-05-2010, 17:02   #136
Senior Member+

Re: Match Thread v Cheltenham

Well, that was an interesting day...

Firstly, Stanley Ultras organised for us to unofficially march to the ground behind a banner, loud & colourful. Good natured & passionate. The same we did afterwards at QPR, the same as we did for the Peel Park March in 2006. The same as barrow did from the Green Man pub to Wembley on Sat (with 300 bodies....)

Obviously, Cheltenham & Gloucester constabulary were spooked by this. In fact, the first copper at the pub said he couldn't believe our "arrogance" that we would travel & presume we could just do this.....

Therefore all I can think is that it is a crime to be organised & passionate group of football supporters.

The amount of police was ridiculous....
I was arrested at the start of the march then let off, obviously because they couldn't write "walking in the road" on an arrest sheet...

So I spent the afternoon in the Sudeley Arms drinking champagne with other Reds who refused to go in....

I would suggest they lost around £200 plus had a massive police bill & for what ......

Crazy

On a final note, given all the hassle, and talking to other like minded Accy fans. It is suggested we play it a little differently pre match just in case our "mannerisms" are causing this increased authority at our games.... Here's to a safe 2010-2011

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 10-05-2010, 17:09   #137
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimps View Post
yes he was the one in blue ..... been on phone to both clubs and just waiting for call back from ..if a trip get a 1,ooo
What did Cheltenham Town say? I'd be interested to know. As a Cheltenham fan I am very supportive that you get a solution from this, still can't believe how you and your fans were treated.
elchuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 17:33   #138

put it all in writing to the club . wel they do not now me i can spell so it will take weeks for me to write.
Grimps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 17:54   #139
Junior Member+

Hope you get it sorted, anything I can do to help, please shout. I've been looking at our club website to see what it says about stewarding etc. have a good mind to send them an email to see what they have to say. I think that some of the stewards were brought in from outside the club, I know some of the stewards have been around for ages and wouldn't get involved - just my view of things.
Old 10-05-2010, 17:54   #140
God Member

let me know what you want to say Grimps and I'll send it off for you.
Old 10-05-2010, 17:55   #141
Junior Member+

and looking at the pictures of your march, it shows that you're all having a good time, supporting your club with pride and enjoying the day - sorry it didn't stay that way.
Old 10-05-2010, 18:33   #142
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elchuddy View Post
Hope you get it sorted, anything I can do to help, please shout. I've been looking at our club website to see what it says about stewarding etc. have a good mind to send them an email to see what they have to say. I think that some of the stewards were brought in from outside the club, I know some of the stewards have been around for ages and wouldn't get involved - just my view of things.
Hope ya have better luck than me mate, went on cheltenham site, tried twice to send a long e-mail giving my view of things, and twice it wouldn't go.
Old 10-05-2010, 19:12   #143
God Member

Same here Cashy, so I wrote them a couple of pages & and sent it by snail mail today - will let everyone know if & when I get a reply.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 23:07   #144
Junior Member+

have a look at this page if not already done so

http://www.ctfc.com/page/Contacts/0,,10434,00.html

consider especially contacting the stadium manager (Paul Roberts) and safety officer (Andy Dalgetty)
Old 10-05-2010, 23:28   #145
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

cheers elchuddy have just e-mailed Paul Roberts.
Old 10-05-2010, 23:36   #146
Junior Member+

hey, no probs. just want you guys to get a positive, helpful result. let me know what happens
Old 13-05-2010, 07:14   #147
Senior Member+

There's a gallery of photos from the match on the official Cheltenham Town site:
Cheltenham Town | Match | Gallery | Gallery | Cheltenham Town v Accrington Stanley 8.5.10.

The eighth one of Cheltenham fans at the game is worth noting. Apparently passing flags over supporters' heads is not only allowed but positively endorsed and promoted by the club. So, did their stewards get it wrong?
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2010, 08:05   #148
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
There's a gallery of photos from the match on the official Cheltenham Town site:
Cheltenham Town | Match | Gallery | Gallery | Cheltenham Town v Accrington Stanley 8.5.10.

The eighth one of Cheltenham fans at the game is worth noting. Apparently passing flags over supporters' heads is not only allowed but positively endorsed and promoted by the club. So, did their stewards get it wrong?
Theres no did about it, that demonstrates all the ultras were trying to do, until those thugs wrecked the day. have had NO reply from cheltenham fc yet.
Old 13-05-2010, 09:43   #149
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeA View Post

During the game, after the flag incident, the stewards did come over to us to tell us to take the flag down a couple of times. They were also filming some of our fans.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..