Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2010, 15:54   #91
God Member

Re: Match Thread v Cheltenham

Thanks for that hope all fans return home safely

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-05-2010, 15:54   #92

At least we didn't lose! No defeats in our last 3 games is a fair way to end the season.
theresonlyoneaccy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 15:56   #93

That's it then folks... Another season over. The Cheltenham player of the year awards are being presented on the pitch now. Almost all the Stanley fans have gone now. Most departed well before the final whistle.
Matchday Press is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 16:02   #94

Nice run of games to finish of the season, roll on next season. Well done to all at Stanley
caretaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 16:06   #95
God Member

just been told from someone there that many stanley fans (including themselves) walked out in disgust at heavy handed stewards and police and that they have never seen anything like it in their life!!

Sad way to end a season, never mind what was meant to be a fun last away game with the free coaches put on

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 16:08   #96

Coley keeps up the improving run aswell! Congrats to everyone at the club!
Old 08-05-2010, 16:19   #97
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by harwood red View Post
just been told from someone there that many stanley fans (including themselves) walked out in disgust at heavy handed stewards and police and that they have never seen anything like it in their life!!

AND RIGHTLY SO TO BE HONEST. Many people will ask why people can't just do as they're told and sit down, shut up - but that's not the Stanley way. Stanley fans (the Ultras and co anyway) go to enjoy themselves and have fun whilst supporting their team in as loud and proud a fashion as possible. When stewarding gets out of hand as it has been known to occasionally you have the chance for either fight or flight. From the sounds of it the lads chose to walk out rather than rise to the baiting of the dayglo morons. Many clubs' fans would just kick the shi t out of em. Well done lads.
Old 08-05-2010, 16:29   #98
God Member

hear hear Rob

But isn't that a bit too much common sense for you?

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 16:36   #99
Senior Member+

TBH you only have to look at the scenes at the end of the match at the Pirelli, that was totally out of order and not what is needed in football. So Grimsby got relegated, I don't think it will do them any harm and they can regroup and come straight back up if they are good enough. According to the radio (BBC Lancs) the game had an end of season feel to it, although Stanley were on top. Lets get our team regrouped, get the strength up for next season and make them play offs. BTW good luck to Morecambe (eek did I say that)

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 16:45   #100
God Member

just spoke to Squaddie and asked what the trouble was that deserved 'dozens of police officers' you'll wet yourselves laughing but Cheltenham got out a teeny weeny Chelt flag to wave at the Ultras - who promptly got out the big surfer. Cue a tug of war between the stewards and the ultras with the flag as rope!!!! Unfortunatley though an older gentleman was in the middle of this and was hurt by the actions of the stewards. That's when the trouble started.

Apparently Jase (Willie Miller) was arrested during the planned marhc from the pub as well. The fans were told to march on the pavements rather than the road and duly did so. At some point Jase left the pavement and was nicked without any warning or provocation.

Grimps was hurt by the stewards as well and spent the game in a wheelchair.

Not sure about others but Squaddie assures me that everything that happened was under a zero tolerance approach from stewards and police. Bloody ridiculous and I hope that as many people as witnessed any of this can forward a letter or email to the club for them to hopefully act upon.
Old 08-05-2010, 17:45   #101
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Quote:
Grimps was hurt by the stewards as well and spent the game in a wheelchair.
Bit of an up-date Grimps is on his way back on the coach!! Hope hes ok and gets checked out when he gets back home.
Old 08-05-2010, 17:52   #102
Senior Member+

disgrace every steward and copper in the stadium and outside no need for any of it!! we have no football factory squad!! we want a party atmosphere!! don't know how they can stand their and smirk after what happened!! was thier a need for police dogs outside the ground near the away coaches!! chucking kids out at half time!! spolied a good day!! turner great goal!! passion when he celebrated infront of us was unbeliveable! well done lad!!

The Harder The Conflict, The More Glorious The Triumph

MCR ADIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 18:07   #103
Senior Member+

Just to let everyone know, the 15 year old who got arrested is on the coach on his way home with his mum. He was released without charge, after being searched, fingerprinted and interviewed. His mother will be making a formal complaint against the steward who rough-housed him at Accrington police station tomorrow morning, complete with photographic evidence of the physical injuries suffered by her son and the shredded shirt he was wearing!!

I know this lad personally and he isn't a trouble maker, far from it, he's a nice polite quiet lad. Just hope it doesn't put him and his family off coming to football.
sparkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 18:15   #104
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkie View Post
I know this lad personally and he isn't a trouble maker, far from it, he's a nice polite quiet lad. Just hope it doesn't put him and his family off coming to football.
that's the problem though isn't it Sparkie? Some kids will experience unnecessary aggression like that and may never come again (or mother doesn't let them), on the other hand some may 'live' off the experience for years at school and grow up to be someone who actually wants to challenge authority of that kind. And become a hooligan.

Fortunately at Stanley we tend to frown on that kind of behaviour and it gets nipped early on before it becomes a problem. Imagine if Grimsby had been playing at Cheltenham today
Old 08-05-2010, 18:16   #105
God Member

good to know he is travelling back ok though. I hope everybody else is also on the buses or that they parked all three outside the police station until everybody was released.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..