Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-03-2006, 20:31   #1
Senior Member+

Moment of the season up to now...

FIngers crossed there will be plenty of good times to come this season but im interested on knowing what are people's favourite moment of the season up to now?

Mine has to be away at exeter when gary scored the free kick..first class moment..mullin's goals against burton in last minute and against york at home also will live long in my memories!
Old 29-03-2006, 20:34   #2

Re: Moment of the season up to now...

Grays away, just didn't expect to take anything from it! We were loud, proud and left a lasting impression of what supporters should be like on the Grays fans. Also, the match involved Garys now infamous trickery!

Best Drummer in the land
7/4/2007
The Day The Ultras Formed The Cowshed Choir
Diesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2006, 20:38   #3
FC.

Exeter was my favourite game and Gary's free kick was superb. Right infront of me it could not get any closer to bar and post without hitting them, BRILLIANT!
FC. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2006, 23:20   #4
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by zayno14
FIngers crossed there will be plenty of good times to come this season but im interested on knowing what are people's favourite moment of the season up to now?
Excellent thread starter, cos there's a lot of time between games.

Loads of great goals, excellent defending, driving midfield play and a variety of goalkeepers, Jones, Randolph and Elliott obviously stand out.

But for me it's got to be Morecambe away. I got there late, straight from work, Butler had already been sent off, and sorry, I'm quoting myself (twice) here from a post on that night,

PHP Code:
 I thinkthat if I'm going to make a big point here, which is what I'd like to do, is Stanley tried to win with only ten men for virtually the whole matchaway from home
[php]There is such potential in the present Stanley side, even though they lost I'm still bouyant.[PHP]

It really blew me away that night, the rest, as they say, is history.

Now it’s out in the open, there are no secrets at the club.
Oggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2006, 23:54   #5
God Member

my moment of the season has got to be in the boozer before Exeter away. Pub full of idiots, Stanleyites nervously wondering whether to talk to each other let alone sing. I heard a couple of chav singing Exeter as I walked back through their midst from the gents and in a moment of unclarity launched an Oh Accrington. Was I glad that was not a billy no mates moment.

Other than that it has to be Grays away when the ref blew full time, we celebrated that moment as though we had won the league there and then. Come to think about it, I think we did. That win gave us the belief that we were a good side, gave Gary belief that he was a good player, gave The Ultras the belief that pound for pound there's no-one quite like us and destroyed Grays race for the title.
Old 30-03-2006, 00:06   #6
God Member

Grays away when the other cameramen (and a camera woman) who had all been doing this a lot longer than me.... all told me they had never seen or heard anything like it ever.... I was so proud

The Ultras at the back of the bus when it finally dawned on them as we reached the ground that they where being wound up and there wasnt going to be a ferry to Canvey Island haha

Coley, Bell and Mangan in my car all the way to cambridge.

I was gonna make a long list... but sod it... brilliant season

Old 30-03-2006, 00:40   #7
God Member

Accy v Morecambe at the IES for me
It was the most brilliant display of colour by the Ultras I've ever seen.The place was absolutely electric...and Dan Jewell in a yellow 2BR t-shirt & mickey mouse ears was definitely a sight!!!

Never been more proud to be a Stanley fan.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2006, 08:29   #8
Senior Member+

On the Mway to Cornwall to visit my dad in Hospital day of the grays game when the final score came in fantastic!!!!!

football is life

Loweiy
Old 30-03-2006, 12:02   #9

I do love a good crowd killer (as does spud) and the best one was at the early stage of the season (can't remember the exact game) and gary roberts kicked the ball full power in to the roof next to the dug out. this caused a rebound that was like death from above on the poor unfortunate sat in the stand.
next thing was a load of st johns ambulance stood round but the guy involved was ok. oh how we laughed!!!!!!
don't slag me off for this as loads of people laughed and others misfortune can be hilarious!!!!(and i know i'm cruel)
stanerlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2006, 15:09   #10
Dan
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker
Accy v Morecambe at the IES for me
It was the most brilliant display of colour by the Ultras I've ever seen.The place was absolutely electric...and Dan Jewell in a yellow 2BR t-shirt & mickey mouse ears was definitely a sight!!!
What yellow shirt? Ears? I have no recollection of any such stupid attire...

Best moment of the season up to now is a tough one to pick. Perhaps Rob Heys arguing with a septuagenarian whilst doing summarising at York last Saturday.
Or Hobby's immense minibus driving skills - crossing 6 lanes on the M1 on the way down to Gravesend
Or maybe the look on Gray's defender Andrew Sambrook's face when Gary Roberts back-heeled the ball around him to set up Mullin's goal.

However overwhelmingly my moment of the season occurs every time I hear the noise coming from the Ultras at away games. Even in a press box at the other side if the ground, and wearing headphones, somehow I can still always here why Accrington is wonderful, or which opposition player is getting the most stick. Shakermaker used the word pride. I agree completely. It's a privilege to travel with and be associated with these supporters.

Despite occasional instances of drunkenness and embarrassment!!!!!!!!
<!--[if gte vml 1]><v:shapetype id="_x0000_t75" coordsize="21600,21600" o:spt="75" oreferrelative="t" path="m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe" filled="f" stroked="f"> <v:stroke joinstyle="miter"/> <v:formulas> <v:f eqn="if lineDrawn pixelLineWidth 0"/> <v:f eqn="sum @0 1 0"/> <v:f eqn="sum 0 0 @1"/> <v:f eqn="prod @2 1 2"/> <v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelWidth"/> <v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelHeight"/> <v:f eqn="sum @0 0 1"/> <v:f eqn="prod @6 1 2"/> <v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelWidth"/> <v:f eqn="sum @8 21600 0"/> <v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelHeight"/> <v:f eqn="sum @10 21600 0"/> </v:formulas> <vath o:extrusionok="f" gradientshapeok="t" o:connecttype="rect"/> <o:lock v:ext="edit" aspectratio="t"/> </v:shapetype><v:shape id="_x0000_i1025" type="#_x0000_t75" alt="" style='width:12pt; height:12pt'> <v:imagedata src="file:///C:/DOCUME~1/DKJEWE~1/LOCALS~1/Temp/msoclip1/01/clip_image001.gif" o:href="http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif"/> </v:shape><![endif]--><!--[if !vml]--><!--[endif]--> <!--[if gte vml 1]><v:shape id="_x0000_i1026" type="#_x0000_t75" alt="" style='width:12pt;height:12pt'> <v:imagedata src="file:///C:/DOCUME~1/DKJEWE~1/LOCALS~1/Temp/msoclip1/01/clip_image002.gif" o:href="http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/images/smilies/biggrin.gif"/> </v:shape><![endif]--><!--[if !vml]--><!--[endif]-->
But I hope I'm not alone in thinking that the best moment of the season is yet to come...

The Dutch look like a huge jar of marmalade.”
- Barry Davies

“After a goalless first half, the score at half time is 0-0.”
- Brian Moore
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2006, 19:02   #11

Elliotts saves at the end of the dagenham home game for me....
RossendaleRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2006, 21:14   #12
God Member

Talking Re: Moment of the season up to now...

I cannot chose the best moment of season, this season has had it all!

These are some of the best

The lows of Pre-season - come on who thought we were good enough this year

Burton Albian away, celebrating the first goal on the coach due to the fact that the driver deiceded we shoudl tour burton! Coming in to the ground soutsinging the burton fans! hahahaha they didnt know what had just arrived! Then the players dancing at the end of the game!

Cambridge - the terrible performance but yet the ultras still sing and dance throughout the game! plus getting chased by the cows on our way home

Grays away from home! - Great fans!!! Singing throughout the game and the flags were top notch!

Exeter away! how the great can fall!!! Probably one of the best moments of the year, Stanley fans singing throughout the game again! but when the exeter fans fell silent!!! That was amazing! At most 50 stanley fans - the only ones making any noise!!! Thats wat it is all about! :engsmil:

Worksop away being pelted by the chavs with mud, stones and wood plus the fact the attendenc must hav trippled at half time then gettin the worst looks throughout the extra time by the worksop fans

Morecambe on the telle!!!! Great display, the effort put into that was huge! and just one question why dont rovers fans like holding a flag above their heads!!!! Amazing result yet again!!!

Crawley - Meeting all the aldershot fans great set of lads, then the scarf thowing, water bombs etc, plus shaking hands with ever crawley fan who was protesting outside and the tunnel for coley and the players after the game waiting for each player to come into the bar!

Aldershot - great driving hobby!!!! Settin up in the ground with the stewards bring step ladders for us to put up the flags!, the banter with the aldershot fans!, streamers, pitch invasion, then in wallys bar after! once again Great banter with the aldershot fans! The players having a collection to buy us all drinks in the directors bar after the game Then in the asda on the way home the players buying the beer cause the management thought we were to drunk!!!

Hereford away! Traveled in reasonable numbers, crap view yet again! didnt stop signing! Watching the BIG club celebrate like they had won the conference when we all knew they were still crap, being happy going home with a 2-2 draw even though we were winning 2-0. Promotion drink after the game and the birth of the Promotion dance!

York city! Tandoori before the game! wearing the pink napkins walking down the main street, getting the best looks from everyone!, Yet again Very loud from the ultras + burnley fans!

Meeting many people who have become great friends!

Plus many many more moments which i cannot think of

I cannot sum up this season with one moment but with many, One thing i do know though is that the best is yet to come!!!

:engsmil: :engsmil: :engsmil: :engsmil: :engsmil: :engsmil:
Old 30-03-2006, 21:24   #13

Ask the players about the night they won at Tamworth and what happened when they got back to their cars after leaving the team coach ,
any one want to buy some clamps?
The Rifleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2006, 21:53   #14
Senior Member+

The season & in fact the last 2 or 3 years as a Stanley fan have been superb! Long may it continue, this thread is the dogs bollocks & has brought a smile to my face

Crawley & Aldershot away were superb, so was Cambridge despite the result but overwhelmingly Grays away was THE day to be a Red! Flags, steward with boobs on show, friendly police, result, belief, kightly expressing that we "shut up" with his finger on his lip, streamers etc etc Just a great day to be red, & started the run that will end with promotion

Morecambe at home as well, brill afternoon in the arden, table\ football live on radio, display was superb, crowd was bedlam, packed noisy & passionate, live on SKY

Also, do not underestimate the players & management who to a man have been fantastic in attitude & commitment throughout!

Also, the half time headers competition is unique to ASFC & makes me laugh every week! Only ASFC can bring all this together in a Football Club

PROUD so PROUD of everubody associated with it (Even Karen Fazackerley & Baldy!)

Remember too, that Ultras FC also have had a scream again this season & there are many friends made at that fans team

On Stanley On

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2006, 22:07   #15

The low was in going thru so many keepers at the start of the season after Jonesy had to quit -until along came the trio of Darren,then Rob with the assistance of Andy Dibble. Turning point has got to be beating Greys in their own back yard cos it set us on the road to believe this is our season, not theirs, and on TV too. So sweet! Probably be as tight on Saturday but what has been done once........

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..