Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-02-2006, 19:08   #31
Senior Member+

Re: National XI team news

Jesus Christ!!

Nursery Broke up for easter so early??
Old 02-02-2006, 19:17   #32
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldy
Jesus Christ!!

Nursery Broke up for easter so early??
wondering why you are online baldy
Old 02-02-2006, 19:31   #33
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by zayno14
wondering why you are online baldy
Which Nursery is still open at 8:10pm??
Old 02-02-2006, 20:21   #34
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker
Does the National Game XI still have the age-cap? I was wondering this when seeing that Pete Cav was not selected....is he too old now?
i think you have to be under 24 but not entirely sure..
Old 02-02-2006, 21:28   #35

Not older than 23 at the start of the season!

Very interested to read this thread and, I have to say, a bit surprised at some of the comments. We have released players to play for the England team for a few years now and I can assure you that the players do regard it as an Honour to play for their country even if it is a "non league" cap. It is unlikely that any of them will ever reach the heights of the full National team so any England shirt as a momento of their playing days should not be denied. How would you like one to show your children when they grew up - "yes son, this is the shirt I wore when I played for England"!

Eight HUFC supporters went to Ireland to support our lads last year and we will be at Cambridge to support Tamika this time - how many of you will be there?

You seem to have a bit to learn yet about being a successful team - and that is not knocking your acheivements this year!
ExLandlord HUFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 21:51   #36
God Member

every time I read a new article about our manager, or the pen pictures in away programmes, it describes him as a hugely succesful ex-semi-pro international with over 500 goals etc etc. It is a permanent record of the success they enjoyed during their career.

Gary Roberts and Ian Craney may well go on to bigger and better things or they may not. Rory should have played had he been a couple of years younger, now his career record will read X amount of games for Accrington Stanley, a handful of games for Blackpool followed by seeing out his career as a nomad. If Gary and Ian do not go on to see the big bright lights then these occasions will form the basis of their after-dinner speeches (at the in-laws). If they go up and up then these games will pale into insignificance, but for now they must have their moment.

Kipax, leave the arguing eh! Shakermaker tried to apologise or at least partially retract his statement. It may not have been the most eloquent of apologies or retractions but it was, so quit it.

Or have I missed a "whoosh moment" as these confguiders call it?
Old 02-02-2006, 22:45   #37

Stanley are Going Up.......

Are You?

We're trying - again!
Old 02-02-2006, 22:48   #38
God Member

quick question for you HUFC fan; do you think you'd have had better results this season with David Brown and a fit Andy Tretton in your squad? Browny seems to have settled well and Tretts looks like he's adapting to the playin style of Stanley very well
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 00:20   #39

In Dean Beckwith we have a good replacement for Tretts (who I did like). We also had Blewitt on loan from "The 'ammers" 'til he went back in January. So, on that point, I'm happy enough.

The Browner issue is a bit more complicated. You may recall that both Ipoua and Stansfield (the intended Strikers) were both injured for a long period early season - neither played at your place - and at that time David Brown would certainly have been very useful to have on board. Other than that I would say that we have replaced him with a much better player in Ipoua. We have recently added a lad from Cardiff called Fleetwood who makes Browner look like a Sunday league player and have also seen the development of 19 year old local lad Andy Williams into a player who IMO will soon play at League 1 or even Championship level.

So, the answer to your question (other than our injury crisis) is no.

I was, of course, at your place to watch our early season defeat when we featured the illustrius Matt (the w*nker) Bailey as our centre forward and am fairly convinced that if we could have fielded Ipoua and Stansfield we would have won at a canter. I also went to Worcester ****ty to watch your demise in the cup replay and, again, was not overly impressed. However, your performance against the Cornish Wizards on Sky (apart from three dubious agricultural tackles) was good stuff and the result fully deserved. Your league position can only have been acheived by merit.

For ourselves, I would say the injuries caused a great loss of confidence and only now are we starting to show our true potential - maybe late, but we're coming after you!

If we can stay fit and string a couple more wins together, the game between ourselves at the "Street" should be a real cracker and not one for the "feint hearted" Mr Brown.

Enjoy the rest of the season - well, most of it.

Ex
Old 03-02-2006, 04:49   #40

I personally think that withdrawing the players would be a very bad decision from Coley...look at what happened to Elding at Stevanage after he was pulled out of the squad, big fallout with Westley over it, and he was soon shipped out. Personally, I feel the players have earned the right to play for the England side and will benefit immensely from playing against a squad of other great players like themselves. Good luck to them

Best Drummer in the land
7/4/2007
The Day The Ultras Formed The Cowshed Choir
Diesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 07:19   #41
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExLandlord HUFC
We have released players to play for the England team for a few years now...
Maybe that's why you've always fallen short of the main prize?
Old 03-02-2006, 09:32   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey
Maybe that's why you've always fallen short of the main prize?
Errrrrm - last years 4 nations competition took place after the end of the season! - do you ever notice anything that happens outside Haslingdon?

(Banter hat back on )
Old 03-02-2006, 12:18   #43

Haslingdon? Wheres that? Ohhhh, you mean Haslingden?

Best Drummer in the land
7/4/2007
The Day The Ultras Formed The Cowshed Choir
Diesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 12:18   #44
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Errrrrm - last years 4 nations competition took place after the end of the season! - do you ever notice anything that happens outside Haslingdon?
Where is Haslingdon?
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 12:40   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel
Haslingdon? Wheres that? Ohhhh, you mean Haslingden?
That'll be the one!

Fine little boozer with it's own Brewery IIRC

So, who's going to Cambridge then?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..