Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-08-2006, 23:29   #1

N'da

What happened here then. Not a mention anywhere. Was he injured or got left behind????????

Can somebody advise
PaulMullinsForehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 06-08-2006, 08:01   #2
Senior Member+

Re: N'da

That was very strange. I'd like to know where he was, as he looked like a quality signing.
Old 06-08-2006, 10:29   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulMullinsForehead
What happened here then. Not a mention anywhere. Was he injured or got left behind????????

Can somebody advise
Only one defender on the bench - Edwards. My lad was hoping he might be named, but no. Going for experience I presume. The whole squad went down though, which was good, so everyone shared in the experience.
Ashley's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 12:01   #4
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Once again Rocky failed to impress and if Coley has any sense N'da will be in the team sooner rather than later.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 14:13   #5
Senior Member+

now now don't you know that Rocky is Coleys love child!!! He'll never be replaced in the starting line up no matter how crap he plays. There were many instances of when this should have happened in the last couple of years but Coley will not drop him. The lad is saintly in coleys eyes
sparkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 15:46   #6
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss
Once again Rocky failed to impress and if Coley has any sense N'da will be in the team sooner rather than later.
Oh come on, lets not start the ritual of Rocky bashing so early in the season, yes the lad made mistakes but from all accounts he wasn't the only one to do so yesterday.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 17:54   #7
Senior Member+

If i remember rightly Rocky got slated early last season, but when he started playing well nobody praised who had been slating him, likewise the people calling for Coleys head, where was they late last season?? ... 3 promotions in 5 years, now tell Eric hes got the wrong manager

Its either the Scousers V Non Scousers or Rocky love child this, Rocky love child that

My point is that we as the fans should be behind every player and person in the management team 110%. as Coley has said if fans dont belive he has made a right team seletion etc He and Jimmy will always listen to you in the Sports Bar after the game. So why not go see them and find the real reason he has made tat team selection or substitute!
Old 06-08-2006, 18:00   #8
God Member

Well spoken Baldy.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 18:01   #9
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldy
If i remember rightly Rocky got slated early last season, but when he started playing well nobody praised who had been slating him, likewise the people calling for Coleys head, where was they late last season?? ... 3 promotions in 5 years, now tell Eric hes got the wrong manager

Its either the Scousers V Non Scousers or Rocky love child this, Rocky love child that

My point is that we as the fans should be behind every player and person in the management team 110%. as Coley has said if fans dont belive he has made a right team seletion etc He and Jimmy will always listen to you in the Sports Bar after the game. So why not go see them and find the real reason he has made tat team selection or substitute!

couldent agree more,

keep the faith people, 3 points on tuesday just u wait
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 18:08   #10
Senior Member+

Odd that,I was at a cricket match on sat and when it came up on the tv that we had given a penalty away I correctly predicted the player involved.Uncanny .
Old 06-08-2006, 18:20   #11
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Come people we all know that he really is not good enough. He hasn't got the footballing brain that Welsh has and is always being caught out of position. He looked dodgy in the pre-season games where as N'da looked very solid playing with Welsh. I will back him when he is on the pitch and keep my opinions quiet but when people are shouting that he is crap and too slow I will agree.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 10:36   #12
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss
Come people we all know that he really is not good enough. He hasn't got the footballing brain that Welsh has and is always being caught out of position. He looked dodgy in the pre-season games where as N'da looked very solid playing with Welsh. I will back him when he is on the pitch and keep my opinions quiet but when people are shouting that he is crap and too slow I will agree.
Who is ALL Bagpuss?

Rocky is not as slow as you think he is ... as proven when the Ultras played the First Team, When you get on the pitch hes alot faster than he looks from watching from the terraces.
Old 07-08-2006, 10:41   #13

I've seen milk turn quicker
fettler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 11:36   #14
Senior Member+

He's slow? What warrants the title quick? He is one of the quickest in the team and if you watch the players train you will see that him, mangy, edwards and roberts are probably the quickest in the squad. He may have had one game but he was fantastic last year after a lacklustre start. Coley will do what's best for the team and whether its rocky in the team or not..
Old 07-08-2006, 11:44   #15
God Member

Rocky has become a better player with each league progression. Not many players can do that. Him, Cav & Mullers are like fine wines; getting better with age

I would like to see N'Da should start though; with Rocky seeing a holding role in midfield as he does like to get forward (what he perhaps lacks in centre-half robustness, he makes up for in versatility). Though this wouldn't be likely after Andy Proctor's sound start against Chester.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..