Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-01-2014, 21:44   #1

Newport Thread

Really looking forward to this one, finally got a weekend off so going to make the short journey up from Liverpool.

Pretty important we take the 3 points and stop the rot - currenly only won 1 of the last 6 games!

Where is the new lad from liverpool going to fit in? Drop murphy and put him in the middle with another striker with odejayi? Play 5 across the middle (surely not at home!)? Or think at little outside the box, put him on the right wing and put Kal just off odejayi? Can't drop mingoia (our standout player so far), can't drop the captain.

If we score first we have a good chance at getting a result - we haven't lost a game when do, and newport haven't won a game when they concede first. As much as I love the injury time heroics, taking a 2 goal cushion into the last 10 minutes would be welcome.
Tom D is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 11-01-2014, 10:30   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Newport Thread

I guess its nice for JB to have a selection dilemma for once. We really do need 3 points looking at the table, its crazy tight down there.

My team for today.

Betinelli
Hunt
Aldred
Winnard
Naylor
Roddan
Murphy
Mingoia
Naismith
Odejayi
Bowerman

Subs
Dawber
Joyce
Hatfield
Gray
Wilson
Atkinson
Webber
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 15:20   #3
Senior Member+

'Feed Naismith and he will score...'
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 16:01   #4
God Member

Things just got even tighter at the bottom of League 2.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 16:18   #5
Senior Member+

Well 1 point is better than 0 I guess.....

But , out of the bottom 2 on goal difference only.

Its only going to get harder.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 17:49   #6
Resting in Peace

It's like the Marie Celeste on here. Can no-one bring themselves to post? Any views?
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 17:53   #7
Senior Member+

I thought the ref had a terrible game Odejayi was hacked and shoved through out the match and was given no protection by the ref
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 18:01   #8
bdc

Shocking defending was our undoing, especially for the last goal. Beattie brought subs on too late in the game for my liking, Newport were running rings round Naylor for most of second half and should've brought Wilson on earlier in the game. Need to start picking up wins quick or we will be struggling to get out of the bad run we are in. Next home game is crucial as is the away game after that, 2 real 6 pointers.
bdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 19:00   #9
Senior Member+

The biggest difference between the two sides was the pathetically bottleless referee,the free kick they scored from was totally pathetic....never....never....was that a foul a beautifully timed tackled with no foot off the ground......Stanley should have had a stonewall penalty,possible two.HOWE did Newport finish with 11 players on the field is beyond me,a disgraceful very late challenge on Bettinelli that late it had to be Howes intention to put him out of the game knowing we had no backup keeper,a straight red in my opinion.Newport had slightly more possession ,but overall Stanley had 3 more chances and should have made it count,Newport played the majority of the game hoofing down field and at times it was effective but pleasingly Stanley tried to play football and there were some magical moments,Webber shone brightly until tiring late on....Odejayi was knocked all over the park illegally and was given no protection by the Idiot in the middle and as soon as he gave back what he was receiving the Idiot started giving Newport the fouls.The coaching staff need to look long and hard at how at times our defence get torn to shreds and outpaced.......Wilson looked good when he came on and if Roddan is as good as the reports we've heard maybe that will help.
I've got to mention Mingoia for weeks outstanding performances and I doubt if there's a square foot on the whole pitch he doesn't cover in a game ,if the whole squad put the same effort in there wouldn't be a team in the league to touch us.
I dedicate this opinion to Redraine!!!
Revived Red likes this.
Chubbyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 19:05   #10
Resting in Peace

Cheers, mate. Very much appreciated. Inadequate, late subs seem to have done us yet again, then. Use the squad!!
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 19:11   #11
Senior Member+

Interesting entertaining game refereed by a muppet !
We started our usual 4-4-2 but they set up with 3 at the back,3 centre mids,2 up top and 2 wing backs.
It took Acci 15 mins to get into the game as we were outnumbered in the central areas again.
It was risky but we pushed our wide men up forcing there wing backs into fullbacks and allowed our fullbacks to dominate the game.
There centre mids then were stretched and our fullbacks had loads of options in possession.
Other than there goal (30 yard free kick straight through the wall) we looked comfortable.
After 5 minutes of the second half they obviously took a chance and there left wing back pushed forward on to hunty which should have given Naismith the space,and he would have been key to our counter attacks.
Unfortunately we didn't hold the ball up or counter attack like we can (webber missed a sitter to go 3-1 )
Eventually there extra man in the middle paid dividends for the (last 2 goals from runners not tracked)
Interesting that 5 goals from open play were scored by midfielders.
Fancied a draw,but was surprised how open the game was.
Didn't like the bully boy tactics of Newport tho,they have better players than that
Revived Red likes this.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 19:58   #12
Senior Member+

Starting to get bored of conceding the first goal and climbing a mountain! When we got in front at 2-1 we should of gone to kill the game off but we just seemed to relax! We should of at least stuck a sub on to freshen things up! Defense looks all over the place and needs to be sorted!

The main fact is that we've won only 2 home games all season! It's seriously not good enough !!! Sort it out Beattie!!

I for one won't be going Cheltenham!

Oh and thanks for clapping the terrace again Beattie.....
DarwenRed likes this.
fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 20:02   #13

To sum up,

Would have took a point at 3pm and certainly at 3.11pm.

Not happy with just one at full time though after leading twice.

Some very big games coming up though with teams around us - Bury, Bristol Rovers & Torquay (going to all 3) plus the rearranged Pompey game. Still averaging just over the magical 1 point per game.

Keep the faith and lets not forget Newport are chasing at the right end of the table.

One love, One Stanley.
Chubbyman likes this.
smobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 23:11   #14
Senior Member+

I reckon that Chubbyman and football19 have it dead right. We played some good football - and would have played even more but for that clown of a referee who was not helped by his two stooges running the line. The free kick leading to the first Newport goal was, in reality, an excellent tackle.
Chubbyman likes this.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 23:17   #15

Not normally one to blame the ref but could honestly have seen Newport finishing with 8 men never mind 10.

Absolutely filthy side and the bollockless ref let them get away with it!
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..