Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree340Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-06-2020, 07:48   #181
God Member

Re: Next season??

[QUOTE=Twenty Eight;1241363]I just wish the negativity sometimes expressed around our Captain would turn into positivity.

got to say that looking just at him on his own and his actual ability on the field i have not rated him since promotion. on the other hand stanley do look a far better team when he is in the side. its all about a team and not 11 individuals on the pitch that never click as a team. there is actually one guy who sits behind me would have anyone in a stanley shirt but him but the signing of zanzala quietened him somewhat.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-06-2020, 07:55   #182
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
They need someone to blame if it goes wrong.
Contracts aren't just about wage negotiations.
loads of things have been put into players contracts years and years before agents were ever thought of. even non league part timers have one nowadays. is it fashion over necesity i wonder.
Old 23-06-2020, 08:19   #183
God Member

[QUOTE=monkey hanger;1241364]
Quote:
I just wish the negativity sometimes expressed around our Captain would turn into positivity.

got to say that looking just at him on his own and his actual ability on the field i have not rated him since promotion. on the other hand stanley do look a far better team when he is in the side. its all about a team and not 11 individuals on the pitch that never click as a team. there is actually one guy who sits behind me would have anyone in a stanley shirt but him but the signing of zanzala quietened him somewhat.
It's always about the team personally I,m glad Seamus has signed decent player at this level and slows the game down, he,s a leader shouting at players but just sometimes wonder if carrying the captain's armband affects his performance at times with being in central midfield, always preferred a leader at the back personally just a thought.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2020, 12:31   #184
Senior Member+

[QUOTE=andyd;1241367]
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post

It's always about the team personally I,m glad Seamus has signed decent player at this level and slows the game down, he,s a leader shouting at players but just sometimes wonder if carrying the captain's armband affects his performance at times with being in central midfield, always preferred a leader at the back personally just a thought.
Obviously not a preference held by the club as McConville is vice captain.
Never once have I thought Seamus would be "better" without the armband.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2020, 14:02   #185
God Member

Question Re: Next season??

[QUOTE=Twenty Eight;1241371]
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post

Obviously not a preference held by the club as McConville is vice captain.
Never once have I thought Seamus would be "better" without the armband.
Didn't mention the clubs preferance just mine but when we got back our league place wasn't it a certain full back as Captain.
Old 23-06-2020, 14:56   #186
Full Member+

In the modern game a midfielder as captain is more suited, especially with the dialogue with refs during a game. Usually closest to action etc.

Couldn't see anyone better being a captain on the pitch.
Hughes/McConville, even Sykes are natural leaders but sometimes their passion can overspill and I feel too much communication with the ref could lead to further bookings etc...
Twenty Eight likes this.
StanleyJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2020, 15:17   #187
God Member

Do you mean by modern game that stuff played in the premiership where by the way out of 20 clubs 10 are captained by defender's 1 a keeper, just 5 by midfielder,s.
Old 23-06-2020, 15:56   #188
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Do you mean by modern game that stuff played in the premiership where by the way out of 20 clubs 10 are captained by defender's 1 a keeper, just 5 by midfielder,s.
No.
andyd likes this.
StanleyJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2020, 17:54   #189
Senior Member+

[QUOTE=andyd;1241373]
Quote:

Didn't mention the clubs preferance just mine but when we got back our league place wasn't it a certain full back as Captain.
Thing is we've no left back, a right back I think we will sell before next season, Ross Sykes (too early for him) and anyone heard whether Yosser is staying ?

So what's the alternative Andy ?
Old 23-06-2020, 20:48   #190
Super Moderator

Mmm;

I can think of 4 right or left backs;

Yozzer has a life sentence; his choice;

With Ben B and Lami in midfield think Seamus could play in the Back Four?

Why will Callum go for a six figure fee? Another "lifer" !
andyd likes this.
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2020, 22:21   #191

Well my moneys on the middle of September in front of just season ticket holders [ to help drive season ticket sales ]

Terracing, not a problem they just spray numbered squares on the floor and allocate tickets to them.

By then the real issue will be traceability in the event something does go wrong and what better than already having the name and address, tel number and seating/standing position of everyone in attendance.
NORTHERNSOUL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2020, 22:30   #192

Not Quite from the first of July, you can work part-time so you leave your players on furlough till you bring them back 30 days before the season starts say 20 hours a week that way you can get 50% furlough money till the day of your first match.
NORTHERNSOUL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2020, 07:10   #193
God Member

Preston are releasing their defender and club captain Tom Clarke at 32 years young would be an excellent signing at league 1 level sure he'll be snapped up.
Old 24-06-2020, 07:13   #194
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyJosh View Post

Couldn't see anyone better being a captain on the pitch.
Hughes/McConville, even Sykes are natural leaders but sometimes their passion can overspill and I feel too much communication with the ref could lead to further bookings etc...
neither can i at the moment. mind you some clubs do seem to give te armband to one of their more gobby players as the captains do seem to get more leeway from referess because of their position.
Old 24-06-2020, 11:38   #195
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr T View Post
Mmm;

I can think of 4 right or left backs;

Yozzer has a life sentence; his choice;

With Ben B and Lami in midfield think Seamus could play in the Back Four?

Why will Callum go for a six figure fee? Another "lifer" !
Mark,

Don't understand what you mean by lifer ?

Every player has a price.

Seamus has played full back throughout his career - but most definitely not his position of choice as you well know !

I thought Hughesy was on a one year option. Has that been exercised ? We need him.

Has Ben Barclay signed then ? Is that an exclusive for us ?!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..