Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree340Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-06-2020, 11:44   #196
Full Member+

Re: Next season??

Zanzala released.

Club taken up options on Johnson, Maguire, Rodgers, Perritt, Barclay and Hughes.
Niall Watson and Clicker offered new deals.

Youngsters released - Lewis Doyle, Matty Williams, Andy Scott (was under contract until 2022) Lewis Gilboy and Alex O'Neill
StanleyJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 24-06-2020, 12:12   #197
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyJosh View Post
Zanzala released.

Club taken up options on Johnson, Maguire, Rodgers, Perritt, Barclay and Hughes.

Youngsters released - Lewis Doyle, Matty Williams, Andy Scott (was under contract until 2022) Lewis Gilboy and Alex O'Neill
Going to be a much smaller squad next season Coleman has said no mention of loan scenario yet will be interesting no surprises on players let go, glad young Watson offered a deal hope he signs looks what I have seen a decent prospect wait and see on Clarke.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2020, 12:16   #198
God Member

That leaves us at the moment with a squad of 17 plus maybe 2 if they sign.
Old 24-06-2020, 12:22   #199
Senior Member+

Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2020, 12:23   #200
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyJosh View Post
Zanzala released.

Cheers Josh. That clarifies Mark's post.
Old 24-06-2020, 12:27   #201
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Do you mean by modern game that stuff played in the premiership where by the way out of 20 clubs 10 are captained by defender's 1 a keeper, just 5 by midfielder,s.
Yeah - that Harry Kane as a forward couldn't lead a dog ............ let alone his club and country !
Old 24-06-2020, 13:14   #202
Senior Member+

Retained list:
https://www.accringtonstanley.co.uk/...retained-list/
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2020, 13:35   #203
God Member

Serbian football back in front of fans hopefully without a spike could be the lead football could follow football without fans is c***.
Old 24-06-2020, 13:52   #204
Senior Member+

Andy
I wouldn't wind yourself up about it ..... its going to be at least 11 weeks before we kick a ball in anger be it behind closed doors, with open doors, or something in between.
I know what my money is on.
Old 24-06-2020, 16:49   #205
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
Yeah - that Harry Kane as a forward couldn't lead a dog ............ let alone his club and country !
Lloris is Spurs captain of two goalies with Kasper S the other.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2020, 21:29   #206
God Member

Wink Re: Next season??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
Andy
I wouldn't wind yourself up about it ..... its going to be at least 11 weeks before we kick a ball in anger be it behind closed doors, with open doors, or something in between.
I know what my money is on.
As I have said before it's a discussion forum I am thinking of the club and other clubs surviving with gates on a personal note I,m not wound up nowt I say will make any difference as for your 11 weeks who knows could be sooner or longer doesn't change my opinion though that football without fans is c***.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 24-06-2020, 21:37   #207
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
As I have said before it's a discussion forum I am thinking of the club and other clubs surviving with gates on a personal note I,m not wound up nowt I say will make any difference as for your 11 weeks who knows could be sooner or longer doesn't change my opinion though that football without fans is c***.
Agreed on all counts

cashman and andyd like this.

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2020, 07:54   #208
God Member

[QUOTE=andyd;124142t I say will make any difference as for your 11 weeks who knows could be sooner or longer doesn't change my opinion though that football without fans is c***.[/QUOTE]

could live with a couple of behind closed doors games if and when a decision is actually made when the season is going to start. say a mid september one is decided on say in early august and needs putting back a couple of weeks then what clubs actually lose in revenue can be seen no worse than loads of poorly attended mid week games.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2020, 08:03   #209
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
could live with a couple of behind closed doors games if and when a decision is actually made when the season is going to start. say a mid september one is decided on say in early august and needs putting back a couple of weeks then what clubs actually lose in revenue can be seen no worse than loads of poorly attended mid week games.
How does a club put on a game behind closed doors do they have to bring some staff of furloughing not sure but whatever it's a cost most clubs at lower leagues can I'll afford, the premiership and championship in my opinion aren't doing it for public moral they are doing it to protect their huge TV revenue.
Old 25-06-2020, 10:15   #210
God Member

no, what i was trying to say was that if the league decided on a date the season would commence and finish with fans but had to put it back a couple of weeks. by starting the season behind closed doors for a couple of weeks would be a better option than more mid week games where you can guarentee all clubs getting their lowest attendances. the cost of behind closed door games is offset by having more saturday afternoon fixtures with many more fans.
Greger likes this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..