Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-03-2012, 17:32   #16
Resting in Peace

Re: Nice and early AFC Wimbledon Match Thread...........

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
[I] Podge on the other hand was tireless.
Agreed, but he doesn't do enough for me in terms of end product. Rarely makes the ball stick or beats his man. I'll probably get stick for this as he's a popular lad.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 31-03-2012, 17:41   #17
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
Agreed, but he doesn't do enough for me in terms of end product. Rarely makes the ball stick or beats his man. I'll probably get stick for this as he's a popular lad.
No that's a fair enough point. His goals tally isn't the greatest. I do think though that if Grant and Devitt were better in their support play and less concerned with scoring a curler from the edge of the box, Podge could've bagged a few more since the start of their respective loan spells. Then again, if the aforementioned pair were complete in their roles, they wouldn't currently be on loan to League 2.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2012, 18:19   #18
God Member

Great entertainment today with two sides that were polar opposites in terms of physique but what the Don's showed in pass and move Stanley matched with heart & effort, we probably had a little rub of the green for a change which helps a good team effort all round.

Agree with Shaker in terms of Padraig he is relentless and often has to come short for the ball and somtimes lacks the quick support needed to further his goal tally, Lindfield really beginning to look the part at right back and still offers support going forward, Liddle small in stature but a big performance.

Not yet convinced with Micha likes too many touches for my liking and it always seems to be in three's?

Special mention for Super Sub Will Hatfield & the Don's fans who made the journey great vocal support

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS

Last edited by Pendle Red; 31-03-2012 at 18:21.
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2012, 20:02   #19
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post
Well done lads, a great 3 points. Thought a draw was probably a fair result but who cares!!

Thought Evans was pretty pap, did not look interested from the 1st minute of the game till his withdrawal, I would ship him back down the M65 after that today to be honest.

Thought Barnett had his best game of the season , did not stop for a minute in the 2nd half, start Craney instead!??! Do me a favour.

Thought Liddle also had his best game in a reds shirt at the back, well done lad.

Yet again Hatfield snatches another goal near the end, what does he have to do get a start!!! Well done super Will

Roll on the English Riviera next weekend !!!!!1
Couldn't agree more Smudgie...His indifference towards this afternoons cause was plain to see from the word go.. took him twenty minutes to make any meaningful contribution !!...wasted many passes..didn't make the tackle when it was necessary...all in all totally ineffective at a time when 100% effort is required from all concerned.
BUT times are hard and Paul Cook has but a few options from which to forge a winning team and so I suppose we must trust in his choices !... but as for young Mr Evans....well ???.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2012, 20:09   #20
Resting in Peace

Surely he can only be playing to keep the relationship with Rovers sweet? That's the trouble with duff loans from local clubs.
I see the BBC's "views from the dressing room" are from....................Wimbledon's. What a surprise. Terry Brown moaning about their missed opportunities - what about ours????
Old 31-03-2012, 21:45   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
I see the BBC's "views from the dressing room" are from....................Wimbledon's. What a surprise. Terry Brown moaning about their missed opportunities - what about ours????
You're making the same mistake that Fergie made when refused to speak to the whole of the BBC because Panorama had a go at his son.

The BBC isn't one homogeneous entity, controlled from the centre. It's a collection of little empires, independent of each other. For reasons only known to themselves, the management at Radio Lancashire choose to hang on to their content rather than share it with the rest of the nation.

The BBC website doesn't have Stanley's "view from the dressing room" because Radio Lancashire don't pass on their interviews.

It isn't just Stanley. There are never any recordings of interviews with any of the "Radio Lancashire" managers on the BBC website.

Coley's interviews never appeared when he was Stanley Boss. But as soon as he took over at Rochdale his interviews appeared on the BBC Sport website.

By way of contrast, most BBC regions do put post-match interviews on the BBC website. Hence the appearance of bias against Stanley.
Thin Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 10:42   #22
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thin Monkey View Post
For reasons only known to themselves, the management at Radio Lancashire choose to hang on to their content rather than share it with the rest of the nation.

The BBC website doesn't have Stanley's "view from the dressing room" because Radio Lancashire don't pass on their interviews.

It isn't just Stanley. There are never any recordings of interviews with any of the "Radio Lancashire" managers on the BBC website.
I thought it was just that Radio Lancs never bothered to interview anyone from Stanley. I feel better now (I think )
Old 01-04-2012, 16:37   #23
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimer View Post
I thought it was just that Radio Lancs never bothered to interview anyone from Stanley. I feel better now (I think )
Me too. I can let go of my unseemly persecution complex now.
Old 01-04-2012, 17:25   #24

Really good to come away with three points yesterday. I've been surviving at recent games with not expecting to get anything and being pleasantly surprised with a point. Still the effort all the individual players have put in recently at least leaves me thinking they ARE playing for the shirt. I'm not a fan of Charlie's and I thought he had a poor first half with the ball seeming as usual to be passing him by an him unable to make a tackle. However, his second half performance especialy down the left hand side was outstanding and worth mentioning. Altogether, enjoyed the game, effort and the the result and yes it was close but I do think we shaded it and were worth the three points.
Crown Grounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 22:11   #25
Senior Member+

I think Kipax deserves congratulating on the photo of Will on the fishy site match report, just after scoring the winner. Absolutely wonderful. Well done Tony (and Will)!

ASFC News Story > 4679
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 05:11   #26
God Member

He does look a bit like Luke Joyce, as well. Even down to the Captains armband.
Redash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 06:35   #27
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redash View Post
He does look a bit like Luke Joyce, as well. Even down to the Captains armband.
Oops! I should get out more...
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 07:03   #28
Senior Member+

haha!!
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..