Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-03-2012, 09:17   #1
Senior Member+

Nice and early AFC Wimbledon Match Thread...........

Come on the reds

Early thoughts anybody???
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-03-2012, 09:29   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Nice and early AFC Wimbledon Match Thread...........

Reckon same as tuesday n we will do em.
Old 30-03-2012, 10:48   #3
Senior Member+

Accoring to the Telegraph, Coid and, probably, Kiernan are out for the season:
Accrington Stanley defender out for season (From Lancashire Telegraph)

I'm gutted for Danny. Just as he was becoming a regular starter...
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2012, 11:25   #4
Senior Member+

Was chatting to Rob on twitter last night. He reckons he is back in 2-3 weeks.

As for Coidy, im actually gutted for him, along with Matt Bates at Middlesborough, Owen Hargreaves & Kieron Dyer, 1 of the unluckiest men in football
Old 31-03-2012, 09:53   #5
Senior Member+

I would go same team as Tuesday, but bring Hatfield in for Evans !!!
Old 31-03-2012, 09:59   #6
Senior Member+

Give Kurtis a start for me, personally like the guy as a player, just needs a little bit of luck and beefing up a bit to stay at Stanley next season. Oh and Will Hatfield as well.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2012, 09:59   #7
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Meself i would leave it alone,reason they need bit of time together.
Old 31-03-2012, 11:58   #8
God Member

Maybe Craney in for Barnett. Otherwise same side as Tuesday.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2012, 15:21   #9
Senior Member+

Rochdale 0-2 at home to resurgent Walsall and ten points adrift of safety unfortunately.

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2012, 15:44   #10
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis316 View Post
Rochdale 0-2 at home to resurgent Walsall and ten points adrift of safety unfortunately.
Jinx
Old 31-03-2012, 16:06   #11
Senior Member+

He's some impact player

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2012, 16:21   #12
Senior Member+

Well done lads, a great 3 points. Thought a draw was probably a fair result but who cares!!

Thought Evans was pretty pap, did not look interested from the 1st minute of the game till his withdrawal, I would ship him back down the M65 after that today to be honest.

Thought Barnett had his best game of the season , did not stop for a minute in the 2nd half, start Craney instead!??! Do me a favour.

Thought Liddle also had his best game in a reds shirt at the back, well done lad.

Yet again Hatfield snatches another goal near the end, what does he have to do get a start!!! Well done super Will

Roll on the English Riviera next weekend !!!!!1
Old 31-03-2012, 16:34   #13
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Barnett was MoM fer me,was good to see him hit some form, Think MoM was chosen by the sponsors of L.S.D.? Thought it was a good game by two evenly matched sides, coulda gone either way, but happy it went ours. agree Liddle was very good, as was kevin Mc,
Old 31-03-2012, 17:25   #14
God Member

"0:59 Mat Mitchel-King takes a shot. Save by Ian Dunbavin." - Had that shot gone in, it could've been a very different game. Well played Ian. Man of the match award well deserved in my opinion, though I suspect the humble pie will still be left to go sour on the AccyWeb table.

I'm glad Charlie wasn't dropped as per my pre-game thoughts, as despite his anonymous appearances of late he - along with the brilliant Michael Liddle - took the game by the scruff of the neck in the second half.

Joyce, Devitt and Grant were wasteful, giving the ball away far too often. Evans was as disappointing as ever. Podge on the other hand was tireless. Lindfield hard working yet again. Hatfield the super sub.

Good, hard fought win. Well done Cooky and the boys.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2012, 17:27   #15
Resting in Peace

Midgets 2, Giants 1. Never have I seen a game with the teams so mis-matched by physique! Even the smallest player in their starting eleven was bigger than Murph, who easily looks to be our tallest. It went from the sublime to the ridiculous when the subs came on. One of theirs was a about 6'7" whilst Hopper is so small his number 24 nearly overlaps round the front of his shirt. Never mind, he really put himself about and got some well deserved applause. They may have had the inches, but we had the bigger hearts. Charlie MOM for me too, closely followed by little Liddle, Craig and Bobby. Great entertainment in the second half after I thought the Dons were going to run away with it in the first.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..