Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-03-2012, 00:32   #181
Full Member+

Re: Nice and early Port Vale match thread.......

See the link for the goals from the match.

BBC Sport - Accrington 2-2 Port Vale
Accrington Web
Old 06-03-2012, 18:18   #182
I am Banned

Yes, I do have something of value to add to the forum. It may be stating the obvious but all the problems with the form of the team seems to have started when Long went back to Burnley.

On a general note, it is a sad fact of life but until Stanley get bigger gates they will always just about survive, and I cannot see how they can progress further. If they got promoted I am not sure they would be able to stay up. 1,800 is simply not enough - a couple of years ago Salisbury were getting more than that in the southern league.

Last season the club lost their best six players, and this season it was Long, Proctor and the manager.That cannot all be down to not getting paid on time. More likely down to frustration and an ambition by those individuals to progress.

The problem with football as a whole is that players at all levels are paid far too much, it is not rocket science.

The other problem that Accrington have is too much use of loan players, and I thought that was a real problem last season. Apparently Mr Cook feels the same, which is something anyway. I do not see how you can achieve consistancy and good teamwork with players coming and going all the time.

Now the above posting does not include one word of nastiness to anyone on here - but no doubt someone will come out with a load of abuse, I have come to expect it now.

I did not contact shakermaker via the forum message thing because to be honest I simply do not know how to!!!

If you have time, as Stanley supporters you should read his blog, it is very interesting, well written and an example of how English should be expressed.
Old 06-03-2012, 18:22   #183
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by malcolmthemole View Post

Last season the club lost their best six players, and this season it was Long, Proctor and the manager.That cannot all be down to not getting paid on time. More likely down to frustration and an ambition by those individuals to progress.
The Long situation wasn't decided by anybody at Stanley or even the player himself, all down to Eddie Howe.
Old 06-03-2012, 18:39   #184
God Member

Quote:
If they got promoted I am not sure they would be able to stay up. 1,800 is simply not enough
That depends on the make up of the league at any given time. They would definatley have been able to afford to stay up this season if they had gone up. The number of northern clubs in League 1 this season with large followings would have massively boosted the gate money.
Old 06-03-2012, 21:14   #185
Senior Member+

Quote:
Yes, I do have something of value to add to the forum. It may be stating the obvious but all the problems with the form of the team seems to have started when Long went back to Burnley.

On a general note, it is a sad fact of life but until Stanley get bigger gates they will always just about survive, and I cannot see how they can progress further. If they got promoted I am not sure they would be able to stay up. 1,800 is simply not enough - a couple of years ago Salisbury were getting more than that in the southern league.

The problem with football as a whole is that players at all levels are paid far too much, it is not rocket science.

The other problem that Accrington have is too much use of loan players, and I thought that was a real problem last season. Apparently Mr Cook feels the same, which is something anyway. I do not see how you can achieve consistancy and good teamwork with players coming and going all the time.
lm
Now the above posting does not include one word of nastiness to anyone on here - but no doubt someone will come out with a load of abuse, I have come to expect it now.

I did not contact shakermaker via the forum message thing because to be honest I simply do not know how to!!!

If you have time, as Stanley supporters you should read his blog, it is very interesting, well written and an example of how English should be expressed.
That's a little better Malcolm !...and I am more than certain that your post will not stimulate anyone into offering any abuse whatsoever....Maintain your present standard and I'm sure that you will , in time, become a respected visitor to THE Forum.
Old 06-03-2012, 21:19   #186
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
That's a little better Malcolm !...and I am more than certain that your post will not stimulate anyone into offering any abuse whatsoever....Maintain your present standard and I'm sure that you will , in time, become a respected visitor to THE Forum.
Well a small step in the right direction, Not sure about the remark about reading shakers blog? seems a bit condescending to me, cos most on here have read Shakers blog since he started it, also Smudgies.
Old 07-03-2012, 11:43   #187
I am Banned

Cannot see how my current comments differ greatly from my first ones on here.

I shall continue to watch Accys progress, or lack of it, from afar.
Old 07-03-2012, 12:24   #188
Full Member+

Quote:
I think the lack of the word 'twerps' makes for much friendlier reading.
Old 07-03-2012, 18:55   #189
God Member

Quote:

I shall continue to watch Accys progress, or lack of it, from afar.
There's no pleasing some people is there. What exactly do you want ?
Old 07-03-2012, 18:56   #190
Senior Member+

Just ignore him Dave, the bloke is a clown.

Wind up merchant.
Old 07-03-2012, 19:00   #191
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post
Just ignore him Dave, the bloke is a clown.

Wind up merchant.

Can't argue with that one
Old 07-03-2012, 19:21   #192
Senior Member+

Or too arrogant to look, listen, and learn ??...
I just feel sorry for such sad individuals !!.
Old 07-03-2012, 22:23   #193
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
Or too arrogant to look, listen, and learn ??...
I just feel sorry for such sad individuals !!.
Penny just dropped mate? He aint a stanley fan Fact, He aint gonna watch em Fact, Hes stated what he thinks about the fans Fact, Hes stated what he thinks about the Ultras, but said it was too bad to print,Fact. Hes stated he dont normally engage in forums Fact, The biggest Fact of em all is Hes said nowt positive about the club, Me personally am not going to engage wi him again when he pops back, He just aint worth it IMHO.
Old 08-03-2012, 07:28   #194
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Penny just dropped mate? He aint a stanley fan Fact, He aint gonna watch em Fact, Hes stated what he thinks about the fans Fact, Hes stated what he thinks about the Ultras, but said it was too bad to print,Fact. Hes stated he dont normally engage in forums Fact, The biggest Fact of em all is Hes said nowt positive about the club, Me personally am not going to engage wi him again when he pops back, He just aint worth it IMHO.
Ah,you've disappointed me Cashy - was really enjoying the sparring between the two of you, livened up the board no-end (but have to say you're right - he's not worth wasting energy on)
Old 08-03-2012, 10:02   #195
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Ah,you've disappointed me Cashy - was really enjoying the sparring between the two of you, livened up the board no-end (but have to say you're right - he's not worth wasting energy on)
So that's sorted then !!... Consensus between AccyMad, Cashy, and myself cannot be a bad thing !!.
Closed Thread

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..