Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-04-2007, 13:34   #1

No standing at shrewsbury

Accrington fans going to next weeks game at shrewsbury will be put in the seated area of the main stand. Shrewsbury who are going for the play offs asked accrington if they would only take the seated area for away fans and not the standing section of the station end so to allow an extra 1500 shrewsbury fans into the match. i have been told by somebody living in shrewsbury that the club as a gesture to accrington fans will only be charged at terrace prices, i will try and confirm this later.
Old 15-04-2007, 21:30   #2
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!
Re: No standing at shrewsbury

I don't want to be seated and was looking forward to being able to stand at an away game, as a protest to Eric Whalley for allowing this to happen I will be ripping up my season ticket after the Macclesfield game.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2007, 23:42   #3
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
I don't want to be seated and was looking forward to being able to stand at an away game, as a protest to Eric Whalley for allowing this to happen I will be ripping up my season ticket after the Macclesfield game.

ha ha ha might just join you with that

and I'm actually gonna send you some karma cos it made me laugh

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2007, 06:45   #4
Senior Member+

This had already been planned for the Shrews' last home game (and possibly last league game at the Gay Meadow) against Grimsby Town a couple of weeks later. That game's sold out so it's now confirmed that Stanley have agreed to give up the away end at their match: http://www.shrewsburytown.premiumtv....,10443,00.html.

I assume that we can pay on the gate. Rob?
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2007, 09:23   #5

It has been confirmed adults £13 senior citizens/kids £8 in the seats for accy fans only in the section holding 400 seats
Old 16-04-2007, 09:26   #6
God Member

having already said that I wont go to any away games that involve seating (so as not to heap any shame on the club by standing) I had been looking forward to this one. But I guess I'll have to go seeing as I have already booked my seat ........
Old 16-04-2007, 09:31   #7
God Member

wonder if they might have some leeway on us standing as we are doing them a favour so they can fit more of their fans in the ground

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2007, 13:54   #8

Could somebody please inform Shrewsbury that is a rare virus sweeping around Accy at this moment in time, affecting the spinal cord, and making it almost impossible to sit down. When consulted, medical experts from across the globe (centre) have said the best thing is prolonged standing, punctuated with large amounts of noise.

Last edited by Alvin the chipmunk; 16-04-2007 at 14:02.
Alvin the chipmunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2007, 17:40   #9
God Member

thar virus is catching ive got it as well
Old 16-04-2007, 18:38   #10

I've got the same virus. I caught it at the Crown Ground many years ago!
melonhigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2007, 19:31   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin the chipmunk View Post
Could somebody please inform Shrewsbury that is a rare virus sweeping around Accy at this moment in time, affecting the spinal cord, and making it almost impossible to sit down. When consulted, medical experts from across the globe (centre) have said the best thing is prolonged standing, punctuated with large amounts of noise.
It's gonna be funny watching you all driving home

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2007, 15:04   #12
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
This had already been planned for the Shrews' last home game
I don't blame them, fill the ground and make more cash but it's took the edge off my trip there but I still intend to enjoy myself and just hope the stewards are not little Hitlers.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2007, 16:33   #13
God Member

nobody else think this could provide a extra help in boosting the atmosphere in favour of the Shrewsbury though? wonder what coley thinks of the matter?
Old 17-04-2007, 16:34   #14
God Member

I wonder what Torquay thought of our match?

Stuff em! quiet load of Welshies anyways
Old 17-04-2007, 17:40   #15
God Member

shrewsbury stewards are just as bad as rochdale im not goin dont want to be thrown out at halftime or as soon as i go for a pee dont like sitting in the one place for more than 10mins .....

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..