Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-04-2007, 18:55   #1

Stanley Ladies Final Game

Just wanted to say a quick thank you to everyone who came to support Stanley Ladies this afternoon in Bacup. The score was 2-1 to Rossendale but it is a lot better than 10-0 at the beginning of the season and the girls put in a performance to be extremely proud of. There were a few songs sung as well by the Stanley faithful which the girls appreciated, I think the club bar being open helped lol Role on September for next season in the LFA Girls Division Two Also, a big huge thank you to Vic Allonby Dairyman for sponsoring us this season, you have been a great asset to the club and the girls and myself and coaches really appreciate all your support and effort, thank you!

Kaz x

Last edited by KarenFaz; 22-04-2007 at 18:59.
KarenFaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-04-2007, 19:10   #2

Re: Stanley Ladies Final Game

I would just like to highlight as well how far the girls have come in just 8 months. From the 8 players we started with at the beginning of the season we now have a full squad of over 25 players. We have won a game, we have scored 10 goals and at the half way mark at Christmas we have bettered every single return result, which is a fantastic achievement. It was our first season so there wasn't massive pressure for us to succeed but I'd like to think next year, with the group of girls we have and the girls who may come in the summer, we can easily make a push for mid-table if not promotion!!!
KarenFaz is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..