Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-04-2011, 08:56   #151
Senior Member+

Re: Northampton Thread

Going back to the match thread,how good was sean macs finish,control and volley in the same movement!!!,unbelievable skill and technique whilst under pressure.
On a side note the team are 7 points better off and a better goal difference of 20 , from this stage last season,what are the reasons for this?,better squad or different team shape/set up ?.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-04-2011, 09:09   #152
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
Going back to the match thread,how good was sean macs finish,control and volley in the same movement!!!,unbelievable skill and technique whilst under pressure.
On a side note the team are 7 points better off and a better goal difference of 20 , from this stage last season,what are the reasons for this?,better squad or different team shape/set up ?.
meself i think the team shape suits our players more, though could be changed at certain times, certain players in squad are vastly improved from last season, sean Mc being a great example,also think cisak has improved defensive confidence,which has made a big difference,? just my 2 pennorth. bring on Southend.
Old 04-04-2011, 09:29   #153
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

another factor i think,whilst we have played good football all season, some of the best stuff i seen is since the return of craney, some may not agree but thats fact.
Old 04-04-2011, 10:00   #154
Senior Member+

Think your right there cashman.
Reading an article from a Northampton paper and they said the team couldnt cope with the midfield three behind the loan striker(sean,craney and ryan),all technically good players with good movement.
This,with pace and power from other areas creates a formidable team,and thats what we are seeing.
On a side issue,I havent seen much of Craney before this season,but even when he easnt fit you could tell he could play a bit,and the system suits him and sean,who i think would have struggled in a 4-4-2 system.
Another boring fact,whos got the most assists this season????,I wasnt suprised when told it was craney!!!!!.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 18:15   #155
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

More of the same for tuesdays game boys if you please BBC Sport - Football - Highlights - Accrington Stanley 3-1 Northampton
Old 05-04-2011, 10:36   #156
Dan
Senior Member+

Just to let you all know, Ian Craney's performance saw him named in the League Two Team of the Week - ASFC News Story > 3990

The Dutch look like a huge jar of marmalade.”
- Barry Davies

“After a goalless first half, the score at half time is 0-0.”
- Brian Moore
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..