Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2011, 11:33   #136
God Member

Re: Northampton Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post
Knowing Phil he wont want to miss a minute of the league run in.

He will be fine im sure.
Saw his hand in the bar afterwards,was very bruised and looks sore.
Old 03-04-2011, 15:55   #137
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpon View Post
I'd have to agree with the other comments about the gate yesterday...poor considering last week's events and the fact the team are reaching the heights that they are doing
We know things have changed but is that message getting out to the wider public?

Tuesday will be an acid test at a fiver, where we are in the League and how we are playing you would like to think it would push the crowd well over the 2000 mark on the Crown Ground.

The "I Believe" if adopted and used in a productive manner or "Back the Boys" as both our neighbours with different campaigns have done over the past few years there is a real potential to make a difference in a short period of time.

It's like if we were to go up automatic how many would it stick on the gates for next season?

If we were to go up via the play-offs how many would it then attract probably a lot more because of the journey and the day out & the feel good factor.

I would like nothing more than to see us pulling 3000 plus for each game from now to the end of the season it is nothing more than the Club & Team deserve for their endevours and the way they have played.

How can we do it?

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 17:56   #138
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendle Red View Post
We know things have changed but is that message getting out to the wider public?

Tuesday will be an acid test at a fiver, where we are in the League and how we are playing you would like to think it would push the crowd well over the 2000 mark on the Crown Ground.

The "I Believe" if adopted and used in a productive manner or "Back the Boys" as both our neighbours with different campaigns have done over the past few years there is a real potential to make a difference in a short period of time.

It's like if we were to go up automatic how many would it stick on the gates for next season?

If we were to go up via the play-offs how many would it then attract probably a lot more because of the journey and the day out & the feel good factor.

I would like nothing more than to see us pulling 3000 plus for each game from now to the end of the season it is nothing more than the Club & Team deserve for their endevours and the way they have played.

How can we do it?
aint rocket science, its getting the message out to the wider public,locals etc who have been on occasions, they aint all on internet by any stretch of the imagination!!! bit late fer tuesdays game now, but should be really pushed in local media. also does anyone yon attempt to push it wi T.V. news?? i watch BBC news northwest n very very rarely do stanley get a mention!
Old 03-04-2011, 18:28   #139
God Member

I personaly think that we have to be realistic for the remainder of this season. The gates will creep up slowly as we make a push for the playoffs...........infact they have moved upwards already, however the club has this summer to REALLY push itself to the town once again and start to build for next season.............we have a lot of bridges to mend remember!

I honestly feel that with the ownership debacle now behind us, we should be pushing the club more in and around the area, however I also realise that there is still a lot of work to do within the club itself and that, for now, must take priority, but at the same time not losing sight of the 'bigger picture'.

Does that make sense? lol

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 18:30   #140
God Member

Smile Re: Northampton Thread

Thing is Google Page Ranking, it is a Tuesday night, a team from miles away and no doubt there will be some European runners up competition on as well Never going to help is it

Tuesday/Friday or Saturday promos, like Cashy has said need good, on-going publicity!!!

Let's hope that we learn this for next season!!!!

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 18:31   #141
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukcowboy View Post
I personaly think that we have to be realistic for the remainder of this season. The gates will creep up slowly as we make a push for the playoffs...........infact they have moved upwards already, however the club has this summer to REALLY push itself to the town once again and start to build for next season.............we have a lot of bridges to mend remember!

I honestly feel that with the ownership debacle now behind us, we should be pushing the club more in and around the area, however I also realise that there is still a lot of work to do within the club itself and that, for now, must take priority, but at the same time not losing sight of the 'bigger picture'.

Does that make sense? lol
Yes!!!!

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 18:31   #142
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

makes sense to thee n me U.K. but that aint what matters is it?
Old 03-04-2011, 18:35   #143
God Member

I feel I must point out that my post was in no way meant to put down Google Page Ranking's post...........I actually agree with most of it, just think its too late in the day to expect miracles......................for now

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 18:38   #144
Senior Member+

The opportunity for pushing the fanbase that must be exploited if it arises (crosses fingers, toes and anything else available) is a place in the playoffs. As I've said before, I don't think we can afford automatic promotion, simply because it would mean losing that opportunity.
Old 03-04-2011, 18:38   #145
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukcowboy View Post
I feel I must point out that my post was in no way meant to put down Google Page Ranking's post...........I actually agree with most of it, just think its too late in the day to expect miracles......................for now
none of us would disagree wi prs post, his last sentence though was "How".
Old 03-04-2011, 18:41   #146
God Member

Potentially not if all season ticket holders just brought one person on Tuesday it would probably push it through the 2k barrier.

The thing is once they are through the gate if we play as we have been I think they would certainly be impressed enough to come back, I know of three such people that are coming back on Tuesday as the Clarets have no game.

SFFS
Old 03-04-2011, 18:45   #147
God Member

The one thing we also have in our favour is real football with the added advantage of being able to stand should you choose with a great atmosphere.

Something our bigger footballing cousins don't have.

SFFS
Old 03-04-2011, 18:53   #148
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimer View Post
The opportunity for pushing the fanbase that must be exploited if it arises (crosses fingers, toes and anything else available) is a place in the playoffs. As I've said before, I don't think we can afford automatic promotion, simply because it would mean losing that opportunity.

I agree with that, love then or loathe them the play-offs generate their own level of excitement. Even if Stanley only got as far as the semi-finals of the play offs and lost, that week or two of press coverage will gain the club more money and gain them a few more fans for the long term future.
Old 03-04-2011, 19:56   #149
God Member

tuesdays game should already be taken care of regarding advertising due to the fiver push. But It won't be. A mention here and there in the paper isn't good enough advertising and never has been, it only means that those coming anyway do so for cheaper.

As for the EW bogging off the news only broke very late on thursday and only got a passing mention in the Telegraph. Had it made the Observer deadline it would have got at least a full page whereby a hell of a lot more would have seen it.

Gates will go up anyway because of the run in, but we could also be pushing it ourselves with poster campaigns.
Old 04-04-2011, 08:55   #150
Senior Member+

Whilst I agree with the sentiments of Google Page Ranking and UKCowboy, surely the one thing that will bring the punters back is something that will cost a lot of money i.e. bring the ground into the 21st century with modern toilet facilities etc. At least the home punters are now kept dry with roof's over the head (especially as the forecast for tomorrow aint great!). Macca may have the right idea about posters plastered around town and in the papers, but a lot of Stanley's support comes from further afield at the moment. The club needs to get folk away from Ewood Park, Turf Moor and dare I say it Old Trafford to come and watch proper football played at a level that has excitement and folks biting their nails when watching Stanley, I know I am down to the knuckles now and expect to have no fingers by the end of the season whether we get to the play-offs or automatic or miss out. We can all spread the word, but maybe the idea on another thread by Macca about local businessmen and Accy supporters volunteering to help the club, through the summer to bring the ground bang up to date.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..