Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-11-2009, 19:29   #31
God Member

Re: Nothing Is Ever Going To Be Perfect!

Quote:
Originally Posted by afrikaaner View Post
with all respect dave you should read the post i put on properly before you reply.No wonder i stopped posting on here.
Don't let me stop you posting, I can quite happily stay away .. I always thought you had stopped posting because you didn't like the management duo at the club. Good to see they won you over
Old 20-11-2009, 19:31   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
Nice to see you back Afrikaaner please stick around
Thankyou Mab,i only came back on to see that grimps and stanley convert and the couple of regular volunteers that are at stanley day in day out got the recognition that they deserve.Their efforts are to be commended,but alas i won't be posting very often as nothing seems to have changed with various people.Nice to talk to you again and if i'm ever in the clubhouse and you're in there i'll gladly have a pint with you my friend,i wish stanley all the success in the world and i will continue to help out at the ground whenever i can.
afrikaaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2009, 19:43   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Don't let me stop you posting, I can quite happily stay away .. I always thought you had stopped posting because you didn't like the management duo at the club. Good to see they won you over
I never said they had won me over,but if they do the business for the club i will hold my hands up and admit i was wrong,there is still a long way to go and even i admit they have coped well under all the pressure they were under with the internal problems at the club.I actually stopped posting because of the attitudes of other people on this forum who couldn't or wouldn't discuss various topics without twisting everything that was printed.Don't stop posting on my account,it's supposed to be a open forum but i don't seem to fit into that criteria,hence my departure once again.
afrikaaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2009, 19:49   #34
God Member

A couple of regular volunteers ? ? ? Thanks goes to all those that do help the club in many ways that DONT SHOUT FROM THE RAFTERS about everything they volunteer to help the club however small or large! Seems only a few people do owt for the club so far on this thread, i know many lads and lass's do their bit for nowt too.

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2009, 19:57   #35
God Member

Back to the intended topic i do agree with macca's response if complaints arm't heard then no improvement happens and know from experience that U have to badger the club quite a lot of keep coming backs and coming away disappointed and thats even offering the club solutions.

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2009, 20:05   #36
God Member

Quote:
I actually stopped posting because of the attitudes of other people on this forum who couldn't or wouldn't discuss various topics without twisting everything that was printed.
Is it not the whole idea of a forum like this, people have an opinion. No point you leaving em to it if you disagree,if you're opinion is not agreed by the majority doesn't mean you have to stay away. I'm in a minority of one on here because I think Burnley are better than Stanley
Old 20-11-2009, 22:22   #37
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Is it not the whole idea of a forum like this, people have an opinion. No point you leaving em to it if you disagree,if you're opinion is not agreed by the majority doesn't mean you have to stay away. I'm in a minority of one on here because I think Burnley are better than Stanley

It was always my opinion that if you had an opinion which might well be an opinion about someone else's opinion, or even an opinion which was your opinion in the first place. That, on our forum you posted that opinion in the hope that someone would either agree with your opinion, or conversely disagree with your opinion, which was really only an opinion to start with .
Now if someone does happen to disagree with your opinion, even if that opinion is based on informed opinion, or even an opinion in which there is consensual agreement, then they are , in my opinion, quite in order to state their particular opinion even if that opinion is .......ZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZ !

In my opinion no one should stop posting their thoughts ( and opinions !) on our Forum...If they did then the rest of us would have nothing to read about
the Football Club which we all love...and from this to either form new, or perhaps adjust existing opinions, thus developing a keener sense of our own situation in the world of Accrington Stanley.

Keep 'em coming lads !! and
'ON STANLEY !!...ON !!.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2009, 22:33   #38

yonmon you are incorrigible - but sound in thought and word!
sherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2009, 23:18   #39
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
.I actually stopped posting because of the attitudes of other people on this forum who couldn't or wouldn't discuss various topics without twisting everything that was printed.Don't stop posting on my account,it's supposed to be a open forum but i don't seem to fit into that criteria,hence my departure once again.
thats pathetic afrikaaner, many disagree wi many of my postings, So What? i just say it as i see it, if folk disagree, there entitled too, why sod off yer opinion is just as valid as anyones,people disagree on all forums, i met quite a few now who have much different opinion to me, dont stop us gettin on though.
Old 21-11-2009, 03:25   #40

everyone seems so opinonated lately
caretaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2009, 07:46   #41
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by caretaker View Post
everyone seems so opinonated lately
That's just your opinion Caretaker !!...

(Alfred.E. comments....But some peoples minds are like concrete . . . all mixed up and permanently set!"...and he's seldom wrong !!).
Old 21-11-2009, 19:38   #42

I agree in essence FC, that it is strange that the more succesfull we become, the more determined people seem to moan. Surely one of the strangest paradoxes in football.

However....I also firmly believe that the people who give their hard earned are entitled to their opinion, and theres no harm in constructive criticism.

Ouch...Its painfull up here on this fence
Old 22-11-2009, 07:56   #43
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin the chipmunk View Post
I agree in essence FC, that it is strange that the more succesfull we become, the more determined people seem to moan. Surely one of the strangest paradoxes in football.

However....I also firmly believe that the people who give their hard earned are entitled to their opinion, and theres no harm in constructive criticism.

Ouch...Its painfull up here on this fence
'On the Fence' is the very best place to hang your opinions from Alvin...
it's where everyone can see them,,,and tear them down from !..
Hence, you're always guaranteed a riposte !!...
As to constructive criticism, Alfred.E. comments..

“No one so thoroughly appreciates the value of constructive criticism as the one who's giving it”....(now that I've hung that opinion on my fence...just watch and learn !!).

Old 22-11-2009, 08:21   #44

So if i travel over to the club shop from clitheroe and find it shut i shouldnt be sightly peed?or when family order goods online for the kids and they have to wait 3/4weeks for delivered they shouldnt be peed?

that is moaning

but suggesting the club get a database of fans who are willing to man the club shop and do a rota so it is open set hours,making it clear when the shop is open on the shop door and fishy site and ensuring all online orders are sent out within 5working days,if items are out of stock a simple email with EDD

asking if the licencee of the club house who is responsible for the over all running of the bar health and hygiene,health and safety and public liability is full filling their duty as many fans do not use the clubhouse or that it seems unkept,beer isnt to the liking of bulk of fans etc....is not moaning its pointing out to the powers that be that people are not happy with the club house and hence wont use it,especially with other pubs within walking distance

Suggesting if the licencee of the club house goes on british innkeeping course to ensured they are fully trained,up to date with all new laws/regs surrounding the pub/club trade,that they have the business know how to ensure all points of income are covered etc....

is not moaning its suggesting

Last edited by katei77; 22-11-2009 at 08:29.
katei77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2009, 16:09   #45

good post
caretaker is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..