Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-11-2009, 18:15   #1
Senior Member+

Nothing Is Ever Going To Be Perfect!

So thats stop with the winging about the clubshop and clubhouse! Weve got a good enough board now who will sort these issues out, it will just take time! Lets leave it to them to sort out as eventually it will be done and things will move forward!! But this will be step by step like the kit coming out etc.

Lets start planning for Leeds away and thinking about our next game with Bradford away! Lets support the team and the board like we have never done before!! Our team are performing amazing and we have one of the best managers in the country! This is one of the best times to be a stanley fans, so lets not waste it moaning

ASFC WILL ALWAYS BE
IN MY HEART AND DEAR TO ME
RED AND WHITE
DAY AND NIGHT
IM STANLEY TILL I DIE!!!!

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 18-11-2009, 18:41   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Nothing Is Ever Going To Be Perfect!

i agree, reflect on how far we have come since the days of Stocksbridge PS & Hucknall Town

This is the best we have ever had it (Thanks to Illyas Khan & Peter Marsden)

Savour the moment people

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2009, 18:59   #3
God Member

I think its more in line with wishful thinking or what would you do if? etc etc

Dave and Rob might have some ideas on things they'd like to do but Ilyas will be a little fresher on what things might need doing. I personally think that employing a club steward who can add thousands of pounds a week to the income streams is more important than pursuing this ridiculous share issue ... just ideas people
Old 18-11-2009, 19:22   #4
God Member

I understand the sentiment FC, but we are a Professional Football Club and as such attract the paying public who if there are problems have a right to a voice.

Things as you point out will I am sure get better and will take time but do the simple stuff now and see what dividends it brings?

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2009, 21:45   #5
God Member

Most of the criticism regarding the clubhouse/club shop/ground facilities is constructive. Keep it going, I say.

Supporting the football and coming together to pool ideas to aid the professional aspect (and therefore long term prosperity) of the club are both duties of the fan of a community FC; certainly not separate entities where only one be entertained at once.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2009, 21:59   #6

Well said Pendle Red and shakermaker. Those coming through the turnstiles are not only fans and supporters but also paying customers who we want to come again. Quite a few things mentioned call for somebody to pay attention to detail and wouldn't cost a penny.
sherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2009, 22:27   #7

get to grips with is then ive been do work at the club on and off for week this . week all the boadroom as had a paint job plus the over room bye a decortor not me . i was the to day to block up a door way in the boradroom and move a fire and fire places. so they are doing what they can at the min . with not a lot of funds at the min . i do wish the club shop was man part time better than not at all.
Grimps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2009, 08:30   #8

What!!!!!!
Long time red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2009, 11:41   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Long time red View Post
What!!!!!!
I think what Grimps said (he has problems spelling) is that he and others have been at the ground over the last few weeks helping out with the seats (thanks macca for the bolts etc) and general mtc, also the sports bar the gazelle lounge and the board room have all had a lick of paint.
stanley convert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2009, 12:13   #10
God Member

Good on yer grimps, and all others who help out.
It's easy for me to say as I'm down amongst the heathen on missionary service but I'd hope the new regime is more welcoming to people who offer to help rather than, as did happen in the past, regarding them as fools to be abused.
There must be quite a few folk who would help out on a voluntary basis, or for a modest recompense, but it needs respect and a bit of organisation from within the club to make the most of the goodwill that is out there.
From what I've read elsewhere, this is now nearer to the type of club we all thought it was.
Give that man with the paintbrush a medal .
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2009, 13:32   #11
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by fc:stanley View Post
So thats stop with the winging about the clubshop and clubhouse! Weve got a good enough board now who will sort these issues out, it will just take time!
That's certainly what we hope. But let's remember that time is not necessarily on our side. We know that our attendances are not good enough and that we MUST develop new revenue streams. The shop and the club house are obvious ways to increase our income. We cannot rely on Ilyas' generosity to bale us out of every debt. We simply have to move towards increased self-sufficiency - and quickly.

With the new regime in place, we have momentum for change. We must keep that momentum. If we don't, we will revert to that old Stanley characteristic of inertia.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2009, 13:36   #12

The club is where it is at today through people giving their time FOC. glad to see it's coming back. Spelling excused.
Long time red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2009, 14:17   #13
Senior Member+

I havent been criticising, all my comments have been constructive, in an attempt to help the club.

I personally believe sorting out the merchandise/ shop is the easiest and quickest way to generate more income.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2009, 15:20   #14
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post
I havent been criticising, all my comments have been constructive, in an attempt to help the club.

I personally believe sorting out the merchandise/ shop is the easiest and quickest way to generate more income.
I absolutely agree, Smudgie. Unfortunately, fc:stanley sees the constructive comments as "moaning".
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2009, 15:40   #15
Senior Member+

Its not that i see constructive comments as moaning but when you go on a forum and people are complaining about the clubshop not being open when they went or the club shop not having what they want etc it just anoys.

Constructive ideas like Shaker has said and what i agree with helps move the club forward and always has done but the petty moaning about little things wrong are just pathetic with what we have just been through recently. Fair enough people have their own views on things and rightly so as they pay their money through the gates however so do i, so i also have my view!..and this is my view!

Theres a difference between ideas and moaning and for some reason theres alot of moaning on this forum! Shouldnt we be still be happy and celebrating that we still have a club, who cares if the beer tastes awful in the clubhouse, who cares if the club shop didnt have a xl t-shirt in stock!, lets get behind the club and realise things are going to be perfect! For e.g , if the clubshop wasnt open today then why not try tomorrow, if they didnt have a shirt they wanted in your size why not try at a different time! Instead of coming on here and complaining about it all!

Ideas are great, petty moaning about little stuff is just rediculous. Everythings never going to be perfect on our budget and as a football league two club!

Onwards and Upwards!....but in time .

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..