Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2006, 15:55   #1
God Member

notts county match

what tactics do we think coley will do this weekend?
cmonstanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-09-2006, 16:08   #2

Re: notts county match

If he has any sense he will play 4 4 2
kimberly-clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 16:22   #3
God Member

i hope so with rommy back
Old 04-09-2006, 16:41   #4
Senior Member+

Maybe some of the out of favour players might get a look in. With 2 defenders suspended we are going to need all the help. Keep Julian N'da to partner Robbie Williams, Phil Edwards is a natural replacement for Cav, and Liam on the left. Roberts, Rommy ,Mangan, Brown and Craney in a flexible 5 with Mullin up front supported any one/two or three of the five.
So in effect a 4-4-1-1 formation being flexible to 4-3-3/4-4-2 and confuse the hell out of everyone.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 17:50   #5
God Member

i would play 4-3-3 with roberts mullin brown up front and andy mangan om for last 20 minutes because the notts centre back are s low got caught out against mk dons they played straight through the middle of them.attack the centre backs from the start make them hoof the ball downfield make them lose possession and play down middle again thats where their weakness is..

Last edited by cmonstanley; 04-09-2006 at 17:52.
Old 05-09-2006, 08:01   #6

[quote=Outback Ozzy]Maybe some of the out of favour players might get a look in. With 2 defenders suspended we are going to need all the help. Keep Julian N'da to partner Robbie Williams,quote]

I'd prefer Foyle to N'Da at the back- he's a better header, which I think will be important in Welchy's absence. In the reserve games, he goes up for corners, but Julien doesn't.
Arkwright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 10:35   #7

Forget the 4-3-3, that wont suit our style of play, it really has to be 4-4-2, with Craney making the runs foward, and Harris holding his own in the centre when Ian does that, plus i really think Brown must start upfront, at least give the bloke a try, if it doesnt work, then bring Boco back in, but then again, Boco could start in the centre of midfield ...

So many choices - glad im not the gaffer !!!
Old 05-09-2006, 10:42   #8
God Member

the team more or less picks it self with coley and i would be shocked if we didnt see this start up on saturday

Dunbavin

Edwards Rockie N'Da Richardson

Todd craney Harris Roberts

Boco

Mullin
Old 05-09-2006, 10:51   #9

I dissagree with the Boco attacking midfield start-up, i really believe in this league you must start with 2 strikers, or the front man becomes isolated
Old 05-09-2006, 10:54   #10
God Member

i didnt say it was my starting line up i just meant thats wat i think the team will line up like on saturday
Old 05-09-2006, 10:56   #11

I know, i know, but im saying my opinion, and truely believe we must start with 2 up front

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..