Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-08-2006, 09:28   #1

Andy mangan?

what does everybody think of him?

he impressed last game, but do you think he is ready to start games now??
kimberly-clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 31-08-2006, 09:37   #2
God Member

Re: Andy mangan?

If you want to suggest a player starts games you ahve to also suggest who he replaces... I would like to see him start but I can't think of anyone (in his position) that I would leave out. So no to answer the question
Old 31-08-2006, 09:41   #3
God Member

still think coley uses him very well, when these six foot plus have gorrila half human weve seen all season in the back four start tiring in the 70/80 mins coley brings him on and this almost every game forces the oppo manger to make a change to deal with him

start him and i think he no where near as effective
Old 31-08-2006, 09:44   #4
God Member

Theres a few things you can guarantee every game with and mangan

he will run his heart out
he will tackle
he will chase lost causes
he will always be smiling
he desperatly wants to play for stanley
he gives everyhting he has got

and..also..every single game he will argue wiht the ref... he gets booked and sent off even coming on late.. how long would he last from start with the ref?
Old 31-08-2006, 09:45   #5

id drop craney play boco in midfield and have mangan and mullin upfront?
Old 31-08-2006, 09:47   #6
God Member

I always liked the mullin and james partnership.. he was small.. everytime mullin headed the ball on it went to james... he just knew where he would be, they just knew each others game... if they could get that going then yes it would be a winner.. but mullin shouldnt be the furthust forward.. he should do what he does best.. he should be the target man who holds then distributes or flicks on as mentioned with james partnership..
Old 31-08-2006, 09:50   #7

i personally think craney is completely overated. he has done nothing in this league and has been outplayed by every other centre mid we have faced so far. boco drops off and plays deep so i think it would make sense for him to fit into midfield where he would have a greater influence and play mangan upfront.
Old 31-08-2006, 09:56   #8
God Member

I don't like seeing boco deep either but he holds the line when needed. thats the downside to being able to do a good job almost anywhere.. he ends up in posiitons the fans dont want to see him.. I think most want to see him midfield then running at defenders.

Everyone has a downer on craney at the moment and i cant see a good word for him anywhere.. is that because he hasnt scored a wonder goal yet? watch the rest of his play and give him a couple more games..
Old 31-08-2006, 10:01   #9
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimberly-clark
i personally think craney is completely overated. he has done nothing in this league and has been outplayed by every other centre mid we have faced so far. boco drops off and plays deep so i think it would make sense for him to fit into midfield where he would have a greater influence and play mangan upfront.
You must remember, Ian Craney and Gary Roberts have been our most talked about players last season and in the close season. Opposition managers know all about them so they adjust their tactics accordingly, close them down with two or three players as soon as they get the ball and generally stop them playing. Ian Craney did not have a good season in his first with Stanley but when he got used to the league he was the non-league player of the season. Give him chance to adjust to this higher level of football and then make your judgement, after all we have only played five games.
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2006, 10:02   #10

i honestly dont think craney has done anything in any game yet. he is constantly losing the ball, i havent seen him go into a 50/50 never mind winning one, he seems to constantly get pushed off the ball and or fall over. he looks lost. he has been severly dominated by every other centre mid we have played.
Old 31-08-2006, 10:30   #11

Craney was one of our greatest players last season, I think the grief he's getting this season is a little uncalled for...Same with gary Roberts. We have a small contigent of fans stood on the Clayton End calling them al sorts after every dodgy pass and tackle, I really don't think thats helping anybody. Remember the Burnley match? How awesome was Roberts? Thats what we know he can do. How awesome was Craney all of last season, thats hat we know he can do. Give the players a little time to adjust to league, and watch'em fly.

Best Drummer in the land
7/4/2007
The Day The Ultras Formed The Cowshed Choir
Diesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2006, 10:59   #12
Senior Member+

Agree With Kipax and Jeff...

I can remember alot of 50/50 balls he has gone in for. neither do i think he gets pushed off the ball too easy,

as Jeff says many managers put 2 or 3 players on Gary thats why sometimes hes not as effective as he was when he came because hardly anybody knew much about him.

Just Give em a few games and then judge em, it seems alot of people just say they are crap after a few games, everybody is learning not just the players, so instead of just shouting "your f*ucking **** Roberts" how about... "Your better that that Roberts" give em abit of encouragement

Last edited by baldy; 31-08-2006 at 11:03.
baldy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2006, 11:02   #13
God Member

For me Craney has looked out of his depth in the league, however has shown in patches what he can do to influence a game, for example against Forest - he had the opposition midfielders lost.
I can see where Kimberley-Clark is coming from, because in the league games where Craney has not been at his best (eg against Dale), it has been him who stays on the field and Harris who gets subbed, which for me is a wrong decision. However on the flip-side of that we all know Craney runs on momentum - so if he gets subbed in a game that could be him done for a few months which isn't what we need at all.
I hope Craney finds his feet in this league soon enough (as Gary Roberts has now done) because as we all know when he is at his best he can boss any opposition midfield & change a whole game around.
It's a big step for everyone at the club, not least for the players. I think we're all just going to have to show a little patience with the lads.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2006, 11:10   #14

i agree its only early doors but i just feel craney isnt pulling his weight at the moment. as for gary yes he a good player but at times he thinks he on a nike advert and tries to be a fancy dan when he could just pass. and he is annonymous in the tackel situation i have never seen anybody so scared to tackle. i think he would actually back out off a 99/1 ball in his favour. ventre and edwards, now theres too lads that can tackle. give them a run i think
Old 31-08-2006, 12:26   #15
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimberly-clark
he is annonymous in the tackel situation i have never seen anybody so scared to tackle. i think he would actually back out off a 99/1 ball in his favour.
Did you not see Sean Doherty against Rochdale he FROZE in a 99/1 ball in his favour.
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..