Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2006, 17:39   #1
God Member

Impossible Dream

well despite the Ultras taking a casualty in the form of losing the vote on 'the sing' to Thin Lizzy, I will still be singing The Impossible Dream.

Oh yeah, article in todays Star: Alex Ferguson has stated the Old Trafford faithfull need an anthem to sing as Liverpools' You'll Never Walk Alone can intimidate opponents, and, to a lesser extent West Ham and Bubble Blowing. He has, out of his own pocket, commissioned some mate of his to record a footbally version of the Andy Williams classic and expects 70 000 Mancs to turning this into their new song.

I for one hope that it goes off really well and becomes a modern day classic that football fans the world over know all the words too. Just so we can say that we were there first and got out voted.
Old 01-09-2006, 17:53   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Impossible Dream

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod
. He has, out of his own pocket, commissioned some mate of his to record a footbally version of the Andy Williams classic and expects 70 000 Mancs to turning this into their new song.
This would be a good choice while Glazer is in charge mate"The Impossible Dream" LOL
Old 01-09-2006, 17:53   #3
God Member

Maybe if the Andy Williams version was in the vote instead of that wimpy Carter effort it would have gathered more votes!
Impossible Dream would be immense for an anthem if only we could get everyone singing it!
There's 10-15 people in the Clayton end who sing in the first half at most, it's a real poor do. Me & my brother started a song in the main stand against Forest and got the strangest looks imaginable! ...like we were singing for the opposition...in swahili.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 18:06   #4

When I was about 12, me and some mates tried singing in the Main Stamd once. That the last time I ever sat down.
Old 01-09-2006, 18:10   #5
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin the chipmunk
When I was about 12, me and some mates tried singing in the Main Stamd once. That the last time I ever sat down.
Yeah sitting at footie matches has killed the atmosphere for years.When I left Old Trafford to go watching F.C.United I was very pleasantly surprised by the atmosphere that could be created in lower league football
Old 01-09-2006, 18:11   #6
God Member

as most of you know, I will sing a song on my own whether Clayton End, Millenium Stadium or our moaning old main stand if you give me enough lager. Let me at em.

The only reason for this post really is that it is my 1000th and I need a post connected to footy,.
Old 01-09-2006, 18:14   #7
Senior Member+

Quote:
as most of you know, I will sing a song on my own whether Clayton End, Millenium Stadium or our moaning old main stand if you give me enough lager. Let me at em.

The only reason for this post really is that it is my 1000th and I need a post connected to footy,.
Congratulations mate on making the 1,000th.And get your vocal chords well lubricated mate
Old 02-09-2006, 01:42   #8

Quote:
well despite the Ultras taking a casualty in the form of losing the vote on 'the sing' to Thin Lizzy, I will still be singing The Impossible Dream.

Oh yeah, article in todays Star: Alex Ferguson has stated the Old Trafford faithfull need an anthem to sing as Liverpools' You'll Never Walk Alone can intimidate opponents, and, to a lesser extent West Ham and Bubble Blowing. He has, out of his own pocket, commissioned some mate of his to record a footbally version of the Andy Williams classic and expects 70 000 Mancs to turning this into their new song.

I for one hope that it goes off really well and becomes a modern day classic that football fans the world over know all the words too. Just so we can say that we were there first and got out voted.
And you know I'll always sing it with you! Balls to Thin feckin' Lizzy!!

Although, if a few people start joining in with Cart on Stanley, I'd have no complaints with that becoming 'our anthem'

Best Drummer in the land
7/4/2007
The Day The Ultras Formed The Cowshed Choir
Diesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 08:28   #9
God Member

Cart on Diesel, Cart on
Old 02-09-2006, 09:19   #10

I agree. CART ON STANLEY!!!
Old 02-09-2006, 09:59   #11

It's growing on me

CART ON STANLEY !
Mik Griff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 13:15   #12
God Member

cart on stanley .better than that dreery song impossible dream by carter
cmonstanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 14:17   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley
cart on stanley .better than that dreery song impossible dream by carter
Dumbest post ever? Arguably...

Carter USM's version of Impossible Dream is supposed to sound very Karaoke, thats the whole point of it. I love Carter USM's version of it, and I've heard quite a few versions of it.

Also, the point that a lot of people seem to of missed, despite the fact I've pointed it out numerous times, is it's not the song itself, but the meaning thats the reason I wanted it to be played as the team ran out.

Best Drummer in the land
7/4/2007
The Day The Ultras Formed The Cowshed Choir
Diesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 14:23   #14
God Member

Thumbs up Re: Impossible Dream

as well as the fact that the people who voted Thin Lizzy are mostly sitters whilst the majority of the singers voted for Impossible Dream. You sing yours and we'll sing ours. But it would be better if we had a working, loud tannoy behind us. Lets show the prawn sandwich munchers that we had the song first!
Old 02-09-2006, 14:25   #15
God Member

Personally I prefer the Andy Williams version of Impossible Dream, just has more uumph, the Carter version, to be honest reminds me of Joe Pasquale attempting to sing it
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..