Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-11-2010, 17:59   #91

Re: Oldham thread

we need to spend the winnings on players contracts .
Grimps is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 06-11-2010, 18:22   #92
Dan
Senior Member+

A bit of "Razor" Ray Putterill for you here: ASFC News Story > 3679

He was an understandably very happy man!

The Dutch look like a huge jar of marmalade.”
- Barry Davies

“After a goalless first half, the score at half time is 0-0.”
- Brian Moore
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 18:23   #93
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimps View Post
we need to spend the winnings on players contracts .
Or Superglue to refix the DoNs advertising Board back up.
Old 06-11-2010, 18:28   #94
God Member

Wonderful result.... an excellent tonic for my shocking hangover (family wedding).. ON STANLEY ON.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 18:48   #95
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
Hi all
Here's the team news:

John Coleman has made four changes to the team that lost at Chesterfield for this afternoon's game with Oldham.
Ian Dunbavin, Sean Hessey, Luke Joyce and Ray Putterill return at the expense of Alex Cisak, Jonny Bateson, Peter Murphy and Charlie Barnett.
Stanley: (4-2-3-1) Dunbavin, Winnard, Long, Edwards, Hessey, Joyce, Procter, Ryan, Putterill, McConville, Gornell
Subs: Cisak, Bateson, Barnett, Parkinson, Turner, Murphy, Boulding

Dan
Got to say that when I saw the XI, I was not impressed........

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 18:54   #96
God Member

Exclamation Re: Oldham thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
7: GOALLLLLLLLLL

Ray putterill picks the ball up outside the area, beats a defender and curls it home. 1-0 Stanley.
That means that "Razor" has now scored in all 3 cup comps this season!!!!!!! Let's hope that he is not under some ban from a "Dads n' Lads" game at his local pub....

Old 06-11-2010, 18:58   #97

Razor's gonna be hard to keep hold of too. I think his contract is up at xmas so better put a good deal on the table for him or he may be off.
new red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 19:01   #98
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
That means that "Razor" has now scored in all 3 cup comps this season!!!!!!! Let's hope that he is not under some ban from a "Dads n' Lads" game at his local pub....
val saw him take a 13 year old out on the park could be trouble!
Old 06-11-2010, 19:05   #99
bdc

Today's result was just what was needed to stop the rot of recent weeks. The defence was very shaky towards the end but I do think that with Bavs back the defence seemed that little bit stronger. Jimmy Ryan and Ray were brilliant but I thought that SM had another stinker of a game, why he gets picked each week I have yet to work out. We really need this game to push and get back up the League 2 table and push on for the Play-Offs.
bdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 19:19   #100
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by new red View Post
Agree that most men gave their all but thought number 11 was shocking. Lost the ball more than any other player and jumped out of challenges. Brill Ryan again, doubt he will be here much longer and Putterril was sharp and hungry. well done you reds.
Macca, was not at his best, but he did set up the second,with a great through ball, plus he did get a few tackles in towards the end.. He will never be a Jimmy Ryan and will always be a John Miles....

Old 06-11-2010, 19:22   #101
Senior Member+

Great game, and like everyone else I thought Ray Putterill was superb. But it's not easy being a Stanley fan. All these tense finishes.
Bernard Dawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 19:39   #102

All about opinions and I thought he was the weak link as play, broke down each time he was on the ball. Some excellent play with Ryan , Putterrill , Proccy and thought Joyce had a good game and was unfortunate not to score. Lets hope we can keep up the winning run in the league now. Bring it on.
new red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 19:44   #103
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdc
why he gets picked each week I have yet to work out
Quite a few have tried to work this one out. Do you think being Jimmy Bell's nephew could have anything to do with it?

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 19:50   #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerself View Post
Quite a few have tried to work this one out. Do you think being Jimmy Bell's nephew could have anything to do with it?
Plus the fact that he is our top scorer this season in all comps and am pretty sure he has the most assists as well, must be doing something right, facts speak louder than opinions.
Mr Matthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 20:04   #105
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Matthew View Post
Plus the fact that he is our top scorer this season in all comps and am pretty sure he has the most assists as well, must be doing something right, facts speak louder than opinions.
"There are lies, damned lies and statistics". though I WOULD like to see his Opta statistics for today. One brilliant through ball to set up Ray for Jimmy,s goal, but apart from that mostly wasted possession, and didnt he give away the ball for one of Oldhams goals? One of his better games, actually.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..