Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-11-2010, 21:25   #106
Senior Member+

Re: Oldham thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Thats obvious to all but the blind, both players too good fer div 2 n aint rocket science someone will be after em in near future Ray got deserved MoM this aft, if a good offer were to come in, stanley aint in any position to turn it down, a long contract would ensure better offers. hope this simple fact sinks in wi em.
You left out your assessment of S McC, which is not like you Cashy!...
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 06-11-2010, 21:32   #107
Junior Member+

Would like to see the same set up next week but With one change barnett in for Sean see how that works the three of them Know each other well jimmy ray and Charlie two fa youth cups together just a idea
Baztj04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 21:39   #108
Junior Member+

Exclamation Re: Oldham thread

Would like to see the same set up next week but with one change Charlie for Sean would give jimmy ray and Charlie a go they know each other well They won 2 fa youth cups together just an idea
Baztj04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 22:27   #109
Senior Member+

Having read through all of this thread, and having been at the game until the last 10 minutes (due to work commitments I had to leave early), I am suprised not one of the contributors on this site has mentioned the ref. Personally I thought he had the worst game of all (including the players). I believe he was being observed. If that is so then it is back to non-league obscurity for him. He was dreadful. To say Stanley ended up with 11 on the pitch is an understatement. How Jimmy Ryan stayed on the pitch after clearly raising a hand against an opponent right in front of him is beyond me. How Phil Edwards managed to get booked for actually getting the ball before the player is beyond me. He gave very little to Stanley all afternoon (3 goals apart). The only reason Oldham came back into the game was he gave them a penalty for swallow diving (must be a new rule), fortunately the lad was going away from goal rather towards it or Dean might have been in trouble.
Overall though, Jimmy and Ray looked a class apart. Sean Mc tried similar runs but got pushed/hoofed and tackled off the ball too regularly (still too lightweight). Midfield were bossing the game mostly and the defence wasn't too bad except that they tried to stand off their opposite numbers and invited shots etc.
Yes going to Stanley leaves you no fingernails etc BUT I wouldn't have it any other way

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 22:34   #110

Stanley always get bad refs anyway.. safe to say if we ever do win its got to be in a way where the ref cant get involved..

heres hopin for a good draw next round

AccyAggro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 23:43   #111

Just seen the replay, the lad halfway to the ground before he came into any contact with Winnard.

Their number 18 should have seen red for the two footed studs to the stomach of Ryan, he was lucky only to be pushed back to the floor, scum.
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 07:23   #112

I think outbacks remarks are true,the Ref. was poor,but I was trying to look on the possitives. How many times has a bad Ref cost us 3 points.
caretaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 10:05   #113
Full Member+

Agree about the ref ,specsavers may help him. Match of the day seem to be showing some doddgy decisions from refs, time they were all assessed. But Stanley were a dream yesterday,we knew they could do it.They've turned the corner now, keep it up lads.Well done.
Greeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 11:17   #114
Senior Member+

thought the side showed a lot of character today,but oldham had not done there homework.
You cant allow putterill time and space between there back line and midfield,he will murder you.
Indeed there holding player was subbed at half time,presumibely for not doing his job.
The game changed in the last 20 mins when oldham put there big centre back up front and went long.
Acci had numerous chances to bury oldham,but didnt.
Acci then had to withstand a bombardment of high balls and second balls and to there credit stood firm.
Was it me or was that never a pen ? the lad was diving before he got near the acci lad !!!
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 12:06   #115
God Member

how could they have done their homework on razor? He hasn't really played for months!
Old 07-11-2010, 12:31   #116

On another positive note southport are gettin smashed by sheff wed

AccyAggro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 14:42   #117
Senior Member+

Well what a game that was yesterday, no fingernails left again for me, again !

Razor and Ryan brilliant.

Joyce had his best game of the season without a doubt.

Fantastic cup tie , gotta love the FA Cup, shame about the 2nd round draw, oh well.

On Stanley On!
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 15:26   #118

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baztj04 View Post
Would like to see the same set up next week but with one change Charlie for Sean would give jimmy ray and Charlie a go they know each other well They won 2 fa youth cups together just an idea
new red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 15:34   #119

Totally agree the side would have more strength but SM doesnt seem to get dropped regardless of his performance. Thought Joyce played well and should keep his shirt for the next game.
new red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 16:13   #120
God Member

1 change will be Jonny Bateson for Sunbeds, I would have thought?????

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..