Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-01-2010, 15:21   #16
God Member

Re: Online Store; I am concerned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
and proberly little or no funds to achieve proper stocking levels
The problem is you need to buy certain quantities of some merchandise to be able to get a decent price. I reckon the Stanley merchandise sales would fail to achieve these levels ( especially given it's poor customer relations shown in this thread ) unless they want to go back to having a storeroom full of old stock which loses money eventually. There are ways and means of getting merchandise to provide variety and choice without breaking the bank or getting stuff and not paying suppliers ( allegedly ). I would guess thats why they have asked Lew to come back, I get the impression he has a bit of know how.
Old 01-01-2010, 15:25   #17
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamF View Post
Stanley is way too small for that sort of thing, they just need to invest in a stock management system, it wouldn't been too hard to get a rudementary one running hell even a spreadsheet with a few macros could help matters. Would offer my own services if I had the time
I wouldn't even think you'd need the macros
Old 01-01-2010, 16:34   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
I wouldn't even think you'd need the macros
I was thinking of how to link it with the online purchases

Best way to do it however would be a mySQL database, update stock on any purchase: online(automatically) or instore(manually) and have the live stock figures available next to the product on the website. So simple and easy to implement.
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 16:52   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatso View Post
a friend of mine ordered something from the online shop back in October. To date, it has still not arrived. He sent an email asking after the order about a week before Christmas. That email has not been replied to.
This is not exactly a new problem. I'm still waiting for my Conference Champions T-shirts.
MichiganRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 17:30   #20
God Member

In fairness to the shop, I was emailed advising the dispatch of my hallowed shirt and it duly arrived 16 days later (2 before xmas.) In previous times, its only taken 7 days but I understand you've been having some stife with the postal service people..??
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 20:38   #21
Senior Member+

From my experience the shop has always been poorly run and the ebay shop in the past has been worse (ignoring emails, queries, 2 months to receive an item).
The shop did improve when Lee left (sound feller but he did not run the merchandise side well), but this latest revelation makes me question once again if we will ever get these problems sorted out with Oneill and Heys steering the ship.
Iylas Khan faces an unenvious task.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 20:50   #22

Wasn't Rob Heys responsible for the shambles that was the ebay shop? And isn't Oneill responsible for the day-to-day running of the club?

This business of failing to communicate with people is a disgrace and has gone on for far too long.
Red Exile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 20:17   #23
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Lewis Carroll is back in town and things seem to be looking up,nice to hear from him to day over the phone sorting things out already Welcome back Lewand thanks

Last edited by mab; 05-01-2010 at 20:19.
mab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 21:14   #24

more people in shop etc .... when we need more works on the ground in the ground most of the time . should have a team on the ground full time .....
Grimps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 21:27   #25
Senior Member+

Superb news
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 22:40   #26
Senior Member+

Lew Carroll is a good egg & an even better goalkeeper, Ultras FC have 4 now!!!!!

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 08:16   #27
God Member

Smile Re: Online Store; I am concerned

Stanley Store
Tuesday 5th Jan 2010

Lewis Carroll returns to Stanley

Accrington Stanley are delighted to announce the return of Lewis Carroll, overseeing the merchandising operations of the football club.

Accrington born Lewis had previously been with the club for a spell as commercial manager in 2007. He comes with a wealth of retail managment experience having worked for large names such as Bensons and Game, where he managed the company's flagship stores in Manchester Arndale Centre and the Trafford Centre.

Speaking about his new role Lewis said "It's great to be back at the club and especially to be looking after the retail operations, which is the field I have been involved for most of my career. There is a lot of excitement at the club at the moment with the team doing well and with big changes taking place off the field too. I am looking forward to really developing what Accrington Stanley offers in terms of merchandise, and working with the rest of the team to develop the brand."

Chief executive Rob Heys welcomed the latest addition to the Stanley team "Lewis did a great job when he was with us previously and he can't wait to get started developing our retail activities. It is far more than just revamping the Stanley Store here at the club, we need to look at our brand and really expand the whole operation, whether that be here at the club, in the town, mail order, online, or anywhere else we can get Accrington Stanley into. Our name is perhaps one of our biggest assets and it is something that Lewis along with Dan and Martin in the commercial department are going to be working hard to ensure that we get the most from it."

Good news I think

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 09:47   #28
Senior Member+

Looking forward to going to the shop and there actually being shirts and scarves if im honest.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 10:40   #29
Senior Member+

superb news !!!!

top man
Old 06-01-2010, 10:56   #30
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by loweiy View Post
superb news !!!!

top man
agree hope he gets to run it proper though that will be a first.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..