Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-01-2010, 09:26   #1

Online Store; I am concerned

I am concerned about the reputation the online store on the official website has. To explain why, I'll first set out two examples;

1 - a friend of mine ordered something from the online shop back in October. To date, it has still not arrived. He sent an email asking after the order about a week before Christmas. That email has not been replied to.

2 - my wife ordered me a Christmas present off from the online shop a few days before the advertised "last day for Christmas delivery" from the official website.

Now, to me, both these situations are really not acceptable. The delay in sending out items bought (especially in the first example) is huge. Also that there was this advertised date of December 18th as the last day to guarantee orders for Christmas implies that any order placed before then should arrive on time. (Now, I realise there was the bad weather from the 21st, but had even the latter item got caught up in that it should have arrived by now.)

Examples such as these cast the online shop in a bad light, and by extension this reflects badly on the club. They make me wary of ordering things from the store in the future, and that makes me sad.

One of two things need to happen, in my mind;

1 - improve the efficiency of the shop and guarantee that any order placed should be dispatched within two working days of payment being made. This is not an unreasonable time frame.

2 - remove the online shop entirely; on the basis that it's better to not have a facility, than to have one that's below standard. And only put it back up when the problems there clearly currently are have been resolved.

Ash

http://www.unlimitedricepudding.com/
Fatso is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 01-01-2010, 09:31   #2

Re: Online Store; I am concerned

Totally agree, this is unacceptable
caretaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 09:32   #3
God Member

I think Lewis Carroll is comimg back to run the store, so things should get better, but that does not excuse the above examples!!

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 10:36   #4
God Member

I agree it has been shoddily run, I know there have been issues regarding stock etc. but that is no excuse likewise the stock available in the Club shop itself and the Ebay side of things has also been poorly managed, I myself had stopped going into the Shop until recently when more stock has become available, as has been mentioned previously on other threads it is also how away fans perceive us as well.

In fact previous Christmas's usually consisted of a few Stanley goodies on the present's list in our household but not this year.

It's good to see Lew coming back into the fold and is potentially a good move by the Club so long as he is given free reign on stock items and looks at ways of rejuvinating the Shop, Online Store and perhaps a presence in the Town Centre.

The challenge now is for the Club to win back not just the hearts but also the minds of the people.

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 10:53   #5
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

After all thats gone on last year, it is very sad this is still n issue it does nothing at all to remove the view of many= Ameteurs running a Professional Club, i had hoped things like this would be resolved by now, seems this is not so, SORT IT.
Old 01-01-2010, 11:04   #6
God Member

This side of the clubs business brings in much needed cash and as such should be given priority. We dont have the resource or staff of the bigger clubs but we should match or better the service that is provided online. If we dont people will lose faith and not use the service and the club loses out.

Its sad it is still at this stage and will seem to some as an indication that the club cannot be trusted.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 11:12   #7
God Member

Agree it's a shame things at the shop weren't sorted for Christmas but I believe Lew starts officially next week and after talking to him after the game on Monday, I'm confident he will do his best to turn things around as long as he's given the free reign that Google Page Ranking mentioned.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 13:26   #8
God Member

When I have complained about very late delivery from online retailers, I have usually been given a part refund or a credit for future purchases.
Just something to be considered if the club wants to preserve 'good will'.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 13:46   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
When I have complained about very late delivery from online retailers, I have usually been given a part refund or a credit for future purchases.
Just something to be considered if the club wants to preserve 'good will'.
Stanley is way too small for that sort of thing, they just need to invest in a stock management system, it wouldn't been too hard to get a rudementary one running hell even a spreadsheet with a few macros could help matters. Would offer my own services if I had the time
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 13:47   #10
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

My way of thinking is that you only have to look in side the club shop to see why the online store is suffering,ie limited stock of any kind and proberly little or no funds to achieve proper stocking levels
Old 01-01-2010, 14:02   #11

The retail side of our club has always been the same. It desperately needs to improve. I won`t buy anything online from them again. It`s strictly cash over the counter for goods in hand. I can`t trust them to get it right. Sorry, but that`s the way it is. This is due to past experiences. My last orders never turned up,emails not replied to, personal enquiries had promises of being sorted out but still no success, and worst of all no refund. I`ve given up hope of the transaction being fulfilled.
huncoatred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 14:33   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
My way of thinking is that you only have to look in side the club shop to see why the online store is suffering,ie limited stock of any kind and proberly little or no funds to achieve proper stocking levels
That is definately the problem but that is just the club missing out on revenue - selling stock that doesn't exist is a problem for the fans. It would be so simple to have a database with a list of each item that the store sells and how many it has, every order processed online or in the store decrements the quantity until the quanitity reaches 0 when the webpage should display that the product is out of stock and to contact the club for more information. Who runs the club website/online store ?
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 14:46   #13
mab
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamF View Post
That is definately the problem but that is just the club missing out on revenue - selling stock that doesn't exist is a problem for the fans. It would be so simple to have a database with a list of each item that the store sells and how many it has, every order processed online or in the store decrements the quantity until the quanitity reaches 0 when the webpage should display that the product is out of stock and to contact the club for more information. Who runs the club website/online store ?
I know the club helpers in the shop have certainly marked down what has been sold at the time of selling the new home shirts and other related items for restocking!! new stock of home shirts were due last wednesday for sale this saturday so i was told
Old 01-01-2010, 15:01   #14
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
I know the club helpers in the shop have certainly marked down what has been sold at the time of selling the new home shirts and other related items for restocking!! new stock of home shirts were due last wednesday for sale this saturday so i was told
to be honest mab, don't think its a lot to do wi the helpers, from whom i always have had good service from in the shop, its more to do with who is responsible fer unanswered e-mails? etc from folk who aint got what they ordered/payed fer, its not good enough n still NOT been addressed, its about time it was!
Old 01-01-2010, 15:08   #15
mab
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
to be honest mab, don't think its a lot to do wi the helpers, from whom i always have had good service from in the shop, its more to do with who is responsible fer unanswered e-mails? etc from folk who aint got what they ordered/payed fer, its not good enough n still NOT been addressed, its about time it was!
Totaly agree with you cashy,does'nt take much to reply to an e-mail Hopefuly with the appointment of Lew things will change for the better

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..