Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-02-2008, 23:42   #1
God Member

OSC ebay shop

I am in the process of setting up an ebay shop for the Supporters Club.

We will use it to sell whatever products we can that we have and we will also talk to the club about taking their products on as well.

If anyone has any items they would like to sell through our shop then please contact me at any point via whatever means. You will pay the fees relevant to the item and also we will ask a small donation from the proceeds. In return you will have the item displayed on our shop that will hopefully get a few more clicks than most items generally do, choice is yours!

In addition to that if anybody has any experience of running an ebay shop I could do with a few pointers to help me not have to learn the lessons through trial and error!

I have been selling items on there for a few weeks now and we have probably had about forty sales that we would not have had any other way so the future is bright.

I intend to change the header on the shop every few weeks to keep it fresh so if you would like to offer a design then please send it me (size 310 x 90 pixels) and I'll put it on.

The link is here eBay UK Shop - Accrington Stanley Supporters Club: but bear in mind that I'm still in the process of adding stuff so the cupboard is bare at the mo!
Old 17-02-2008, 16:26   #2
Junior Member+

Re: OSC ebay shop

I admire what you're doing here maccawozagod. Let's hope you get the needed supprt for your endeavours, you deserve.

P
Tombstonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2008, 17:32   #3
God Member

i,ll second that
Old 17-02-2008, 18:32   #4
God Member

Just had a look at the shop mate, looks good, great idea and I hope it works well for us................10 outta 10!

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2008, 22:31   #5
God Member

thanks guys, first sales of the new shop have taken place already! £23 within a few hours so hopefully this can continue. I have £450 worth of stock online now. The good thing about this from my point of view is that the tool that monitors your sales gives you complete pricing benefits so I can monitor my stock from that, previously it meant counting up and getting the calc out to see what value of assets we have.

Lessons have been learnt over the past few months with regard to the merchandise. The shop will make things a whole lot easier!!
Old 17-02-2008, 22:40   #6
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

I still think if you lose the word "stanleys'" you would sell more, it still sounds like a pub or bar and not Accrington Stanley, just my opinion.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2008, 22:47   #7
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
I still think if you lose the word "stanleys'" you would sell more, it still sounds like a pub or bar and not Accrington Stanley, just my opinion.
I kinda agree with you on that point, but when we first talked about the idea we wanted it to be less formal and more removed from Official Club gear. We (or at least I) wanted mens and ladies underwear with HUFC or AFC Barrow embroidered on the inside of the sweaty area! for reasons such as this we obviously needed to avoid 'official'

I am preparing a couple of ideas to present to the club before next season with a view to taking the whole idea on a level or two. I think we should have two or three ranges of clothing with an entry level cheap product - t's for a fiver etc, a mid-range going out style range ('Stan Lee' anyone?)
and then the official more expensive stuff that the average Joe won't pay for .

I could stick the Town Crest on everything we do but it would upset the club, add more to the embroidering/printing costs than our gear currently allows, and take us away slightly from the entry level stuff we aimed for. If we sold as much stuff as we expected to have done by now we would have been on the second or third large order and would be looking at alternative ideas and products, the type that need larger volume. As it stands we will have to continue scrapping around for sales until such time as we find better methods of selling (or more people to do it)
Old 17-02-2008, 22:48   #8
God Member

and the bit about the bar ain't too far from the initial idea of being able to brand the goods, then the Supporters Bar that we would pay for
Old 18-02-2008, 11:30   #9
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
I agree. Why try to be clever, why not just have 'Accrington Stanley Supporters Club' on all merchandise - plain and simple. It says what it is. Nobody knows what Stanleys' is supposed to represent (except something with the apostrophe in the wrong place). As Bagpuss says it sounds like a pub or bar.
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2008, 17:26   #10
God Member

Mmm i think Jeff is on right track with that one, altho quirky idea macca but as he & baggy have suggested it does sound clubby pubby, you could shorten it to 'Supporting Accrington Stanley' as your slogan

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2008, 21:00   #11
God Member

how do you shorten stanleys' to Supporting Accrington Stanley?

i know .......

So if we change it we get two extra sales then?

the whole point of stanleys' was trying to create a brand name rather than just 'Supporters Club' on everything. Maybe we got it wrong, maybe we didn't but everyone was invited to get involved and eight people agreed on the name.

If we take it back to the drawing board does anybody different want to get involved? 'meetings' for the merchandise committee now take place on the OSC forum rather than the pub so really you can get involved.

Preferably OSC members only but I would still take ideas from anyone. Only people that can be vouched for will be granted access to the area of the forum where discussion takes place as it contains sensitive info regards pricing etc
Old 19-02-2008, 21:24   #12
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Without searching I remember there was a certain amount of good feedback on here before a pound was spent.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2008, 21:42   #13
God Member

I wasn't having a go, just the idea being bounded outside the osc & the opinions of it should be taken into consideration because thats the market u want to tap into osc members will support the logo as they know what it stands for but universally OSC or drop the club & have Accrington Stanley supporters hehehehe ok the initials would create a laugh on that but hey a gimmick

Think this should go back to the drawing board a little bit if rebranding or attempting to attract more sales.

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Old 19-02-2008, 21:44   #14
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
how do you shorten stanleys' to Supporting Accrington Stanley?
Ermmmmmmmmm SAS

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Old 19-02-2008, 21:45   #15
God Member

From an outsiders point of view I don't see why you need a different brand. You have one, it's called 'Accrington Stanley Supporters Club'.

I can see the problem with trying to fit that on certain merchandise but on smaller items I would think A.S.S.C. would be the primary eyecatcher and maybe fit the full name in the smallest letters possible.

If I saw A.S.S.C. on something I would probably asks what it stands for or look further at the item for the full title.

I can see what you are trying to achieve by the Stanley's brand because you are trying to create something unique but if I saw Stanley's on a t-shirt and didn't know what it meant I would assume it was just another fashion label.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..