Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-10-2012, 14:43   #16
God Member

Re: Oxford United Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Looks like Joe knows best
Must have had inside information
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-10-2012, 15:05   #17
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Well that was half time n even me brew was crap.
Old 20-10-2012, 15:13   #18
God Member

Well I'm gonna put the meat in the oven for me Shepherd's pie - maybe things'll have turned around when I've done that???
Old 20-10-2012, 15:27   #19
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Well I'm gonna put the meat in the oven for me Shepherd's pie - maybe things'll have turned around when I've done that???
Wouldn't hold yer breath.
Old 20-10-2012, 15:29   #20
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Wouldn't hold yer breath.
Dunno at least were making a draw in second half so far. Me n my big gob 4-0.
Old 20-10-2012, 15:30   #21
God Member

Blimey moses! 4 nil You were right Wynonie - Shepherd's pie break did nowt to help!
Old 20-10-2012, 15:32   #22

I hope bumble is bringing his boots on Tuesday!
smobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2012, 15:36   #23
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
Well here's the team:-

Stanley: Dunbavin, Lindfield, Winnard, Atkinson, Molyneux, Joyce, Schofield, Boco, Mingoia, Sampson, Amond.

Subs: Dawber, Murphy, Liddle, Dixon, Miller, Hatfield, Whichelow.

Not sure what our best/strongest XI is, but this is getting somewhere near!!

(now watch us get beat by 5...............)
Have you got a crystal ball Joe!!!!
Old 20-10-2012, 15:37   #24
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

5-0 ridiculous.
Old 20-10-2012, 15:40   #25
God Member

I give up - gonna peel the spuds for my pie
Old 20-10-2012, 16:09   #26
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Have you got a crystal ball Joe!!!!
Kiss of death again, it is time that I started to keep my mouth shut.....................................

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2012, 16:30   #27
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Okay, I;ve just got back in from Holland, on with the CP, straight onto sky sports scoce centre to get the final results & this ?????

Come on here to see if anyone knows what happened ?? Abysmal ref ? Poor performance ? Outstanding performance by Oxford ?
Old 20-10-2012, 16:55   #28
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Feeling i got from commentary was we played poor n Oxford front 2 didn't.
Old 20-10-2012, 20:18   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Feeling i got from commentary was we played poor n Oxford front 2 didn't.
Well, just got in from the trip down to Oxford. First thing to say is that they are my team and I will always support them. But, having only missed one game in the last 4 years, I think I am entitled to air my thoughts. Paul and Liam are a good management team and I won't criticise them but have we got too many players in our squad? Are we bringing in too many loanees and making too many changes week to week? In my view the answer to all these questions is 'yes'. Sampson needs to go back to Bolton. Shepherd back to Reading. Luke Joyce needs to take a long hard look at himself. A captain should be heard and the only two voices heard today on the pitch were Bavs and Murphy when he finally came on. Murphy has been my player of the season (outfield) so far and I just don't see why he was on the bench but Cooky and Liam know more about football than I do. Bavs was (again) superb. There was nothing he could do but he did prevent us from losing by double figures. I'll probably add more but for now I am going to sit and relive every miserable minute whilst I immerse myself in some liquid anaesthetic.
Bentley5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2012, 20:19   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley5 View Post
Well, just got in from the trip down to Oxford. First thing to say is that they are my team and I will always support them. But, having only missed one game in the last 4 years, I think I am entitled to air my thoughts. Paul and Liam are a good management team and I won't criticise them but have we got too many players in our squad? Are we bringing in too many loanees and making too many changes week to week? In my view the answer to all these questions is 'yes'. Sampson needs to go back to Bolton. Shepherd back to Reading. Luke Joyce needs to take a long hard look at himself. A captain should be heard and the only two voices heard today on the pitch were Bavs and Murphy when he finally came on. Murphy has been my player of the season (outfield) so far and I just don't see why he was on the bench but Cooky and Liam know more about football than I do. Bavs was (again) superb. There was nothing he could do but he did prevent us from losing by double figures. I'll probably add more but for now I am going to sit and relive every miserable minute whilst I immerse myself in some liquid anaesthetic.
One quick addition...Oxford were not good but we were much worse.
Bentley5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..