Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-10-2012, 20:24   #31
Senior Member+

Re: Oxford United Thread

Just back from the Kassam Stadium...incidentally had I known of Joe's accuracy when predicting match results, then I could have saved myself a copper or two this afternoon !!. It's really difficult to make any other comment than Oxford weregood...and Stanley were poor both in defence and attack. Had Ian Dunbavin not made several great saves then the score may well have reached double figures. He. Deano and Rommy were the only ones to come out with any credit in my humble opinion... the best efforts of the rest were practically not fit for purpose and easily nullified by the opposition !.
The £3.00 Chicken Balti pie which someone procured for me at half-time was practically inedible as well !! ( n.b. Accymad !!) so all in all I've had a wonderful day...
Still there's always Tuesday night and a thrashing for the Yorkies....
p.s. I'm certain that FA19 will, from the look on his face this afternoon, be providing us with a more objective appraisal of the game !!
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-10-2012, 20:59   #32
Senior Member+

Well my two pence worth..........

First things first Bavs is exempt from ANY criticism from me, he was simply magnificent today, it really could and should have been 10-1.

We really did look all over the place, the entire team with the exception of Bavs and maybe Molyneux at a push where absolutely appalling. It is without question the worst performance I have seen in over a year when we got smashed away at Port Vale 4-1.

They really do need to take a long hard look at themselves after that. We need to go back to basics....... why change a winning team?? At Wimbledon we where magnificent for 80 minutes. I cannot see how on earth they are the majority of the same players that are still playing??!?!

Winnard............ Nowhere near match fit, why play him when we have Murphy & Toto?
Atkinson........... Looked laboured and was almost doing a 2 man job in the middle.
Lindfield............ NOT A RIGHT BACK, for the 20th time!
Molyneux.......... Had a poor game but at least was trying his heart out unlike others.
Sampson.......... I would send him back to Bolton tonight after that, couldent be arsed, shrugged his shoulders whenever he lost the ball, simply dreadful for 90 minutes.
Joyce......... His worst game in a Stanley shirt. Couldent pass to a player 5 yards in front of him. Why on earth is ALL our forward play going through him?!?
Schofield...... See Joyce.
Mingoia........ Provided nothing on the flank.
Amond......... Starved of service, nothing he could do.
Boco........... Totally ineffective.

All in all a Terrible performance, and like I have said the worst I have seen in a year.
Yes the league is tight and we will have setbacks but we need to halt the slide, and now.

My humble reason.......... the sheer number of changes and loanees>>> Do we need them all, when they obviously all have a clause saying they must at least be on the bench.

We are lacking massively up front......... Yet we have both Carver and Gray out on loan.........?? I cant figure that out AT ALL.

We are leaking goals massively yet send out a massive prospect like Tom Eckersley out on loan, dont understand that either???

MUCH work to do.

smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2012, 21:03   #33
Senior Member+

My team for Tuesday......

...................... Bavs.....................
.... Murphy........Toto........ Atkinson......... Liddle
....................Miller........Schofield....... ........
........Boco............Hatfield.................. .Molyneux
........................Podge..................... ....

CHANGE IS NEEDED
Old 20-10-2012, 21:13   #34
Senior Member+

Yonmon is right,his pie looked crap !, but £22 to get in and £2.10 for a novelist was a close second.The team travelled down on the morning of the game and its looked like they were still on the coach for the first halve an hour.
We started with our 4-2-3-1 and they went 4-4-2, but it looked like 4-2-4 at times!.
They did there homework on us,and from the off attacked us down the flanks were they were just too pacy for us,indeed both fullbacks were booked and subbed.
There front two played really well,with constables challenging and craddock dropping just off caused all kinds of problems.
IMHO we should look a little deeper,we have two holding players in front of the back four,so there's no excuse for gaps appearing like they did.
The fullbacks got no protection from the Bolton and Watford loanees,only rommy busted a gut to get with podge(who was just isolated).
The way we make the pitch big now,makes it very hard to press the ball,which was one of our strengths.
I mentioned last week about our lack of pace and to me it stands out a mile.
We need to get back to basics,close down the opposion and get amongst them instead of them doing it to us.
We do ok when we have the ball,but are a shambles when we don't, and that really needs addressing,it was once again a game were they had 16 shots with 15 on target,that tells me there just is not enough pressure on the man in possession,as he's got time to tee off.
Rant over
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2012, 08:09   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
The fullbacks got no protection from the Bolton and Watford loanees,only rommy busted a gut to get with podge(who was just isolated).
This is the key point. We have conceded only one goal from a set-piece all season, but bucketfuls from the flanks. Sampson did absolutely nothing to help Molyneux, who was up against a very good player in Potter. Agree with Smudgie's assertion that a Liddle/Molyneux combo on the left is our best bet to tighten up. When we're away from home and under the cosh, our 4-2-3-1 has to become 4-4-1-1, with the two wide men working to drop back and close down. That kind of industry just wasn't evident yesterday.
Phil Whalley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2012, 10:38   #36
Senior Member+

Agree Phil,and with Liddle and Molyneaux,they could take it in turns breaking forward.
Regarding the defending,in the first six games,we had conceeded the second lowest of all the league,so to me its either a change of tactics or players.
I fully expect a reaction on tuesday,but we need to wise up,press them and show real desire to get result.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2012, 13:29   #37
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Not a happy Bunny Video: Cook on Oxford Defeat
After this afternoon's defeat to Oxford United, Paul Cook spoke to the official website.

To see the interview click the thumbnail or the link below.

Full Story Here >>

I would'nt have liked to have been one of the players in the dressing room after the game
Old 21-10-2012, 14:16   #38
Senior Member+

Me neither, they deserved everything they got aswell!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..