Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree38Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-10-2016, 08:30   #16
God Member

Re: PA announcer here

you can't please all the people Jake, but you sure can displease all the people!

Whether its my taste or not I think you can't go too far wrong if you try to look for inspiration around mod type music. I'd be thinking more along the lines of where does the inspiration for much of the Ultras songs come from? Madness etc

Lots of the younger guys have a penchant for this type of stuff, whether it's just a retro kitsch type of cool of whether its good music is another debate though ... also lots of the older guys will remember such days with fondness.

I remember talking to Duncan Seddon (played for us in the 80's) a couple of years back and he was talking to me about the crowd noise. He said that he and his mates had loved it because all these young guys were singing stuff like Minder, Madness etc and that it was a real throwback.

I also remember one of the Torquay weekenders where we took over a pub on the friday night. They had a band on that was playing things like The Proclaimers "500 miles", The Clash "Rock the Kasbah (rock the crown ground)". The pub was full of multi aged Stanley and to a man, woman and inbetweener there was raucous enjoyment.

Sing alongers, with tempo and volume.

Secondly. Clayton End volume is almost irrelevant as in previous seasons you just cant hear it at all. The Cheltenham game you could have just shouted from your seat and we'd have heard you. If it is possible to separate the volume channels from the fanzone and the actual stand then I think you should increase the volume significantly on the fanzone. Currently it is being used by good numbers of people from half one onwards and decent music at a decent volume should help to get folk feeling up for it.

Decide why you are playing music and that will dictate what you play and how loud. Is it background music just to waste electric? is it calming music to keep people sat in their seats and encouraging coffee sales? or do we want folk bouncing off the walls and ready to party?
Lord Didsbury likes this.
Old 11-10-2016, 09:19   #17
I am Banned

Maybe play some modern remixes of old classics, young ones get modern music, oldies still kinda get the aincient classics
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 09:34   #18

Wise words from Maccawozagod. Especially playing Minder.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 10:51   #19
Senior Member+

Can you play some cradle of filth for my old mate Cashman?
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 12:00   #20

I may be wrong but have they stopped playing "Wake me up before you go go" at the end of matches this season? If they have then please reinstate it immediately. If not then please play it much louder
Old 11-10-2016, 12:24   #21
God Member

[QUOTE=Lord Didsbury;1178837]I may be wrong but have they stopped playing "Wake me up before you go go" at the end of matches this season? If they have then please reinstate it immediately. If not then please play it much louder[/QUOT
No, no, no - anything but that please - what about going back to the more traditional tunes such as On Stanley On, Cart on Stanley etc..
yonmon and st06nc2 like this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 22:45   #22
Full Member+

A slight moan here Jake. When you read the half time scores out could you alter the tone of your voice depending on those scores. For example, if you say Grimsby 1 Cambridge 2, could you say the Cambridge 2 in a different tone to the Grimsby 1 as it indicates a difference in the score. I've noticed that you'll announce the games with different scores at half time(or results when the games have finished)in the same tone. It's a bit difficult to say what i mean by writing it down,as i can't give a verbal example, but if you listen to the 5 o clock results on the radio you'll see/hear what i mean.

Also. Could we have Swords Of A Thousand Men by Tenpole Tudor as our theme tune when the teams come out, if possible?
winstanley asfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 16:40   #23
God Member

How about this for the Blackpool Game:

monkey hanger likes this.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 20:10   #24
God Member

That'll please Lord Stiffupperlip (see post 15)
yerself likes this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 21:02   #25

Time for Action by Secret Affair. Also "Lancashire Leads The Way" by The Houghton Weavers.
Old 13-10-2016, 06:08   #26
Senior Member+

Can you play some Honey G for my old mate Baldy?
smobile and st06nc2 like this.
Old 13-10-2016, 08:15   #27

Looks like a mixed bag of requests. Suggest you do it like a wedding Mr PA Announcer: a bit of Motown before the match, the Birdy song at half time and the Righteous Brothers as we leave the ground.
At least that way everyone is equally unhappy.
Old 13-10-2016, 16:54   #28

Thanks everyone for your comments.

The half time score reading is definitely something I want to improve on and I will up the volume a little bit too

Keep the music suggestions going! I will add some of them to the playlist.
JWarrior95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2016, 16:58   #29
Senior Member+

Any chance of some cheeky girls?
Old 14-10-2016, 16:28   #30
God Member

playwe anything but after the last two home games try welcolm to the house of fun by madness or robbie williams let me entertain you.
Lord Stiffupperlip likes this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..