Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2010, 09:50   #1

Parachute Payments...

Sorry if I'm being incredibly slow but:

Newcastle and West Brom have gone straight back up, so don't we get a share of their parachute payments? If we get money for Bobby Grant I don't understand how we can still have a low wage budget...
£250,000 is an extra £5,000 per week approximately, assuming we get £250,000. And has this parachute money been factored in?
theresonlyoneaccy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 05-06-2010, 12:29   #2

Re: Parachute Payments...

Parachute payments go to everyone so wont really help in terms of wages, we can over £X amount more every week but so can everyone else
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 12:50   #3

Other clubs have debt to pay off though...
theresonlyoneaccy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 13:25   #4
God Member

Exclamation Re: Parachute Payments...

We still have debts, just to different people and over different time scales, also the work on the pitch is said to be costing £80K, plus there are other things required in and around the ground/club!!

I am sure that the people running the club, know what they are doing with all the "Unexpected" extra bits of cash!!

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 13:44   #5
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
We still have debts, just to different people and over different time scales, also the work on the pitch is said to be costing £80K, plus there are other things required in and around the ground/club!!

I am sure that the people running the club, know what they are doing with all the "Unexpected" extra bits of cash!!
Well its comforting someones sure they know what there doing joe, cos i sure as hell aint.
Old 05-06-2010, 15:08   #6
Senior Member+

Well from what ive heard, Money is STILL an issue at the club
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 15:43   #7
Full Member+

Posted via Mobile Device
Of course money is still an issue at the club. We WILL be paying the lowest wages BECAUSE nobody wants to be in the situation we were in last year. When I read ilyas' post last year I was over the moon to have a club. Some seem to have short memories of how anxious that time was. I don't much care for having brilliant facilities or star strikers. What happened last year means that we have the chance to start over from the FOOTBALL LEAGUE rather than north west counties. Staying in the league has been a massive overachievement thus far (and we were probably spending over our means to do this) To survive next season will be an even bigger achievement. We should be grateful to those who are staying. If the club were our employer few of us would stay thats for sure.
dabeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 16:37   #8

Low crowds = low budget

how else is the club going to get money apart from fans

AccyAggro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 17:09   #9
God Member

Other than the simple issue of the parachute payment - and the distribution figure of £100K has been mentioned ( although I may be wrong), then more importanly is the timing. Does it come in one lump sum or is it staggered over the season?

The same goes for any transfer fees. The question boils down to how much dosh hits the club's bank and when and if then there is to be deferred payment so what guarantees and colateral are offered in lieu of the monies arriving?
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 17:50   #10
God Member

last season or the season before I believe we received £80k (the figure is on here somewhere but I cant be arsed searching on my mobile) because ONE team went straight back up. The money will have increased since then with the new TV deal negotiated, and two teams have gone up.

But regardless of how much it is, we are right to have a low budget. This club simply has to pay its own way and within the limits its' crowds dictate. If that means we get relegated then que sera, its been a blast. If we can continue to punch above our weight then even better. Facilities and infrastructure come before a swquad for mne every time. EW thought different, and more power to him for it, but it caught up with us eventually and almost left us with an extra shopping day.
Old 05-06-2010, 18:05   #11
God Member

Smile Re: Parachute Payments...

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
last season or the season before I believe we received £80k (the figure is on here somewhere but I cant be arsed searching on my mobile) because ONE team went straight back up. The money will have increased since then with the new TV deal negotiated, and two teams have gone up.

But regardless of how much it is, we are right to have a low budget. This club simply has to pay its own way and within the limits its' crowds dictate. If that means we get relegated then que sera, its been a blast. If we can continue to punch above our weight then even better. Facilities and infrastructure come before a swquad for mne every time. EW thought different, and more power to him for it, but it caught up with us/him eventually and almost left us with an extra shopping day.
Spot on Macca

I am pretty sure that there is only 1 payment awarded, it does not matter if more than 1 Team goes back up!! (That was the case 2 seasons ago) I am sure the figure is circa £96K (LD will know )

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 18:08   #12
God Member

From what I can gather with the recent changes, the pot of money distributed for teams going back up has been discontinued from next season.

However the standard payments have been increased from 72k to 250k for league 2 clubs. I think it's an end of season payment
Old 05-06-2010, 18:09   #13
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
But regardless of how much it is, we are right to have a low budget. This club simply has to pay its own way and within the limits its' crowds dictate. .
Bang on. And we are not the only club that should abide by that simple dictum. The problem - as we all know - is the distorting effects that the Premiership has had over the last 17 or so years and the trickle down financial burdens on the lower leagues.

The sooner Murdoch's Premiership and all it's attendant evils is abolished, the better. You never know, if we do that then maybe in 6 or 7 years time we could well see Stanley knocking on a league door two divisions above our present and England with a chance of winning the World Cup.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 18:09   #14
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

no-ones disputing its right to have a low budget, its the only way like or not, but Dagenham have proved if similar is managed right, what ya can achieve. all i desire is fer em to manage it right, is that askin too much?

Last edited by cashman; 05-06-2010 at 18:14. Reason: spelling
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 18:13   #15
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
The sooner Murdoch's Premiership and all it's attendant evils is abolished, the better.

Totally agree Tealeaf, football should be won and lost in a fair manner on the field of play, not which team can rack up the biggest debt. The sooner the system implodes at the top the better.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..