Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2009, 09:37   #31
Senior Member+

Re: Peel Park

I like reading these reminiscences of Peel Park (- please keep them coming).

In its unique and haunting way every bit as much a mecca of football as Anfield or Old Trafford or the San Siro.

I like hearing them on the disc handed out at the ground to us recently.

I would love to see it rebuilt exactly as was somewhere in Accrington. You could not design anything quite like it. Has anyone built a model of it?

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 11-07-2009, 11:22   #32
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis316 View Post
You could not design anything quite like it. Has anyone built a model of it?
Any model made would have to be slanted. According to Mike Ferguson on the dvd from the exhibition there was a "nine foot drop" from corner to corner.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 18:58   #33
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
Would it have been 1954 when t'Reds won 4-0 at home? the previous three years saw no game, 0-2 and 1-2.
Clearing my age-befuddled mind...and comparing memories with my companion of that particular afternoon Macca...you're probably right....AS USUAL !!...

But like you...and TM..and so many others amongst our friends on our Forum, although details and statistics are fascinating elements within the history of 'the Reds'...it is the images and memories remaining from our personal encounters with these red-letter games..with all the Stanley Legends we have witnessed in action...and the times when we have felt that our presence and raised voices have in some way helped our team to achieve the impssible...that are all-important to we who just want to be trur supporters of 'the Club that wouldn't die'...

As I must have said elsewhere...I'm certain that 2009/10 will provide us all with another quota of precious memories to call to mind whenever a dark day comes along....I'm looking forward to it !!!

'ON STANLEY......ON !!!!'
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 19:14   #34
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
Clearing my age-befuddled mind...and comparing memories with my companion of that particular afternoon Macca...you're probably right....AS USUAL !!...
ah ... the joys of keeping a Breedons' Stanley book next to the computer
Old 11-07-2009, 21:38   #35
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
ah ... the joys of keeping a Breedons' Stanley book next to the computer

And Alfred.E. and I were simply full of admiration from thinking that you just flipped these facts and figures off the top of your head!....Macca, this Forum shatters illusion upon illusion for us both...all beyond repair...!.

But sincere thanks for all the valuable information which you pass on..

'WHAT ME WORRY ??'
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 21:59   #36
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
Any model made would have to be slanted. According to Mike Ferguson on the dvd from the exhibition there was a "nine foot drop" from corner to corner.
ah but fergy was always ****ed shaker, have some great memories of fergie on the league-liner back from watford, also have him tattooed on me arm, loved him to bits. sorry meant pished lol

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..