Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-09-2004, 19:30   #1

Angry Pillock called pollock

today the referee was absolutely shocking i agree with denise that he was a pillock. Mike Flynn was absolutely superb. The linesman was also blind not giving what surely was a clear penalty and when jonathon was elbowed
Steve Sumner is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 25-09-2004, 21:50   #2

Re: Pillock called pollock

It is a total joke that officials can get away with such a pathetic performance. As paying fans we pay their wages as well as the clubs expenses & there should be a means of complaint especially after todays debacle. I have in the past complained to the Lancashire FA but got the obvious blank wall. It is time fans unitedin one voice to let the officiating body know that such a performance is not acceptable. By the way, the final insult was that Smithy was punched, not pushed & despite looking in the same direction as me neither ref or assistant saw anything. Despite a conflab they had not got a clue-but hey, why change the habit of a lifetime! Will someone at the club point us in the direction to make our opinion heard, these guys cannot surely be autonomouse.
big al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2004, 11:34   #3
Senior Member+

Not so sure about the elbow on Smiffy, I was right behind and I thought Smiffy went down like a sack of spuds to try and con the ref and Liner. Something did happen but It sure as hell wasn't an elbow, perhaps a raised hand, which still is not allowed. However, Pillock and his officials missed another clear penalty in the first half when Craney was clear through and was scythed down from behind.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2004, 15:00   #4

The officials were a joke on the day. It really annoys me when they don't contribute. When Gravesend scored for whatever reason the ball was near the linesman in the first half. Craney came strolling towards him and asked him for the ball back, politely... The linesman replied quite nastily. "its not my job to get the ball for you" and ran off. Craney's was disgusted. What harm would it have done to return the ball? Pathetic!
RossendaleRed is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..