Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By JonOUFC
  • 1 Post By JonOUFC

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-07-2023, 12:24   #1
Junior Member+

Please help, if you can!

Hi, an Oxford United fan here in peace.

Our club is desperately trying to secure a new stadium site, or we’ll be homeless from 2026, because the owner of the site has refused to renew the lease.

With that in mind, if anyone on here would be happy to fill in, with positive answers, a short online questionnaire being run by Oxfordshire County Council, our fans would be massively grateful.

It only takes about five minutes or so to fill in the short online form at https://www.smartsurvey.co.uk/s/C8O8VI/ by 23 July 2023. To find out more about what Oxford United is proposing, the benefits to the club and community, and some FAQs, you can go to: Oxford United Stadium – Oxford United Football Club (oufcstadium.co.uk)

The benefits to you as away fans will be:
A sustainable stadium right next door to a major railway station in Oxford Parkway (a short train ride from Oxford City Centre) and opposite a large Park&Ride site, which would make it one of the easiest, greenest grounds to get to in the UK.
• Proper drinking, food and entertainment options at the ground itself, compared to embarrassing facilities currently on offer at our current ground or nearby.
• A modern, well-designed ground which will help to support a proper atmosphere, rather than the soulless, three-sided ground we have now.

A few sentences on any of the above for the survey’s final comment box would be really helpful in showing our County Council that the new ground will be sustainable, increase spending in Oxfordshire, and provide excellent facilities for home AND away fans.

We all appreciate the value of a good away day, whether we’re potentially playing you in a league or cup game from 2026 onwards. Taking a few minutes to support a fellow club before it becomes homeless would be massively appreciated. Thank you so much!
Lord Stiffupperlip likes this.
JonOUFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 05-07-2023, 12:59   #2
Junior Member+

Re: Please help, if you can!

Thanks, LordStiffUpperLip,

Please do complete the survey...every positive response, from fans around the country, will help convince Oxford County Council to approve the site and the construction of our new stadium.

Regardless, best of luck for next season!
Old 05-07-2023, 13:32   #3
God Member

I sat the consultation ‘exam’ and came away with a 2.2.
Good luck dealing with OCC. A roundabout in Kidlington can’t possibly be as soul sapping as the environs of the Kassam, so I hope your battle with the Council(s) doesn’t drag out until 2026.

As I’m sure most of us know, Stanley and Oxford have a footballing connection going back to 1962.
If there was such a thing as a football-themed weather house, I’m sure our two clubs would be the ones popping in and out as the weather changes. No guessing which would represent ‘rain on the way’!
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2023, 13:54   #4
Junior Member+

Thanks, Exile!

As miserable as 1962 must have been for Stanley fans, it was brilliant for Oxford United! I'd watched a few of United's games in the Southern League, but went to all of our home games, and some away, until I left Oxford in 1967. As you can tell, I'm still a huge fan though I've not even lived in England since 1981. But I go to at least one of our games whenever I'm in England, even at the three-sided dump we currently occupy. So now I'm just doing my bit to try to ensure that we have a decent stadium to play in from 2026, and hopefully Stanley will be back in League 1 and we'll be able to host you again.
Old 15-07-2023, 14:07   #5
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonOUFC View Post
Hi, an Oxford United fan here in peace.

Our club is desperately trying to secure a new stadium site, or we’ll be homeless from 2026, because the owner of the site has refused to renew the lease.

With that in mind, if anyone on here would be happy to fill in, with positive answers, a short online questionnaire being run by Oxfordshire County Council, our fans would be massively grateful.

It only takes about five minutes or so to fill in the short online form at https://www.smartsurvey.co.uk/s/C8O8VI/ by 23 July 2023. To find out more about what Oxford United is proposing, the benefits to the club and community, and some FAQs, you can go to: Oxford United Stadium – Oxford United Football Club (oufcstadium.co.uk)

The benefits to you as away fans will be:
A sustainable stadium right next door to a major railway station in Oxford Parkway (a short train ride from Oxford City Centre) and opposite a large Park&Ride site, which would make it one of the easiest, greenest grounds to get to in the UK.
• Proper drinking, food and entertainment options at the ground itself, compared to embarrassing facilities currently on offer at our current ground or nearby.
• A modern, well-designed ground which will help to support a proper atmosphere, rather than the soulless, three-sided ground we have now.

A few sentences on any of the above for the survey’s final comment box would be really helpful in showing our County Council that the new ground will be sustainable, increase spending in Oxfordshire, and provide excellent facilities for home AND away fans.

We all appreciate the value of a good away day, whether we’re potentially playing you in a league or cup game from 2026 onwards. Taking a few minutes to support a fellow club before it becomes homeless would be massively appreciated. Thank you so much!
Just giving this a bump as it is now one week until the Survey closes on 23 July. Thank you if you have already filled in the survey to help ensure Oxford United isn't homeless from 2026 and can instead offer a new ground which is easy to access via public transport, offers modern facilities, and will ensure a better atmosphere for both home and away fans. The survey and more information can still be found here: https://letstalk.oxfordshire.gov.uk/...e-negotiations Thank you so much (every little helps!!).

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..