Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-02-2007, 17:56   #1

Premier Clubs ticket pricing

<TABLE class=tborder id=post415336 cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px"><TABLE cellSpacing=6 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD noWrap>Member
</TD><TD width="100%">

</TD><TD vAlign=top noWrap>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- / user info --></TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt1 id=td_post_415336>This thread is taken off the official Bury FC Website....

An interesting topic should we look at ticket pricing ??? i personally dont think were far off the mark, what are your thoughts on prices and attendances throughout football ???

MEN - Manchester Evening News

Prices for next season
<HR style="COLOR: #d1d1e1" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->It was in the MEN last night that for the whole of next season whether its in Prem or Championship Wigan Athletic are charging no more than £15 for a seat for every game all season long. It is rumoured that Man City will follow suit to attract supporters and combat the problem of dwindling crowds.

Question is, how can we expect to attract people to Gigg at £16 an adult in Main Stand in League 2 if Wigan and City are capping ticket prices at a maximum of £15.

If the directors are thinking of coming up with an initiative to tackle dwindling crowds then in the light of Wigan and City, the directors idea had better be a good one or there will be many more years of empty stands at Gigg to come.
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Give us the old gree is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 03-02-2007, 18:46   #2

Re: Premier Clubs ticket pricing

If premier league charge £15 I think league 2 should be £8 Rovers v Sheff utd was £15 today I think. Well over priced across this country its a case of 'follow the leader'. At AC milan you can get 2 season tickets for the price of one average premier league team. The aftermath of euro 96 introduced the prawn sandwich mob who have got bored and left there pricing with the game and left majority of grounds half empty apart from the big matches. Time for change especially with the premier league netting an extra 926 million from overseas subscription rovers are slashing prices next season leading the way for others to follow. It will be cheaper than league 2 football.
Jesus_was_A_red_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 19:17   #3
Resting in Peace

Yes, but unlike the lower leagues, the Prem clubs receive a big proportion of their income from TV money, which means they could allow free admission and still be vastly profitable, if it wasn't for the crazy amounts paid out in player's salaries and agent's fees.
For Accy and the rest 13 quid is the minimum neccessary to balance the books. You just can't compare Premiership and Football League finances.
Bloody stupid, immoral scenario these days IMHO.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 19:37   #4

15 pounds and above for league 2 football is crazy and thats why the grounds are empty. No you cant compare premier league and lower football league but to the kids and families of accrington are they going to pay more to watch good pub players than super gifted players. come on reality check needed. Kids want to see the big names and teams.
Jesus_was_A_red_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 07:38   #5
God Member

so, having read that, what would you - the paying customer recommend as a correct pricing structure? What price would entice the newer customers whilst also ensuring that we have enough money to stay in business and indeed progress?

I think the FA really needs to look at the pricing structure and recommend maximum levels that can be charged at each step of the game. We will still get bums on seats (so to speak) next season but if Rovers can theoretically give away free admission because of the amount of money going into the game then we don't a chance do we?

The year we got promoted to the Conference we were told that the minimum admission, as set by the Conference, was £9. That was a 50% hike on the old £6 charge but we graciously accepted the rise because we had evolved. Now if the Conference could set a minimum price four years ago of £9 what is the price for Premiership (the greatest show on Earth?) football four steps further up?
Old 04-02-2007, 09:00   #6
God Member

At our level of football £10 - £13 would be about right for a game, I'm really not sure how some clubs can charge £18.
With increases of a couple of quid between divisions.
I think that would be a correct balance between getting the fans and keeping afloat.
Redash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 09:17   #7
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redash View Post
At our level of football £10 - £13 would be about right for a game, I'm really not sure how some clubs can charge £18.
With increases of a couple of quid between divisions.
I think that would be a correct balance between getting the fans and keeping afloat.
Is it the clubs that come down from higher leagues that charge the higher prices ? At Burnley our maximum price is £21 but a trip to many grounds which have spent time in the Premier league will more often than not cost £27/28
Old 04-02-2007, 09:37   #8
God Member

Grimsby, Peterborough, Stockport, all have £18 seats, although Stockport charge £16 to sit without a roof, (I'm so glad we went there in the summer). most of the League 2 clubs charge £15-£16.
Here's a thought Bristol Rovers charge £12.50 and they had over 5000 in the ground.
Redash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 10:33   #9
God Member

every club seems to increase prices if they go up, but very rarely do you see a decrease when they go down.

In light of what is happening at Rovers to get folk in the ground, I will be very interested to see if Stanley can come back with anything at all to try to combat the potential loss of floaters/newbies
Old 04-02-2007, 10:43   #10
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
every club seems to increase prices if they go up, but very rarely do you see a decrease when they go down.

In light of what is happening at Rovers to get folk in the ground, I will be very interested to see if Stanley can come back with anything at all to try to combat the potential loss of floaters/newbies
They will have to Macca, likewise every league below the premiership will have to follow the trend. I fear it will mean the end of trying to compete in the league for many clubs. Between Sky and the Premier League there is a gross amount of greed and grass roots football is being constantly left behind. Clubs like those that play down the road in Blue & White are being seen as heroes in reducing prices when in actual fact what they are doing is making sure they further the gap between the haves and have nots by taking fans away from the smaller clubs and making sure they can't survive.

The fact that there are floating fans highlights the problem. In past years fans are exactly that, they support a club from birth to death. I can never grasp the thinking of a floating fan.
Old 04-02-2007, 11:05   #11
God Member

What we need at Stanley is the immediate provision of facilities so that they have something to actually go to and then a massive co-ordinated assault on the public and business community of Accrington coupled with cheaper prices and try to fill the ground. Unfortunately the provision of facilities can't be done without fans providing the funds and we cant attract the fans without the facilities. One way or another the club needs an influx of cash to do the primary objective and give them the raw materials to create future income streams.

I see one of the problems being that although we have seen unprecedented (and probably unmatched in this country) success over the last six years, and crowds have risen steadily in that time, we are still losing fans week after week for various reasons. We seem incapable of maintaining the support and allowing newer generations to boost the number. We need to prevent fans going elsewhere, we need to prevent folk going back to Rovers or Burnley, we need to ensure that every child born in Accrington is raised as a red. We need to look after todays fan whilst also pandering to tomorrows fan.

The most common problem this year for losing fans is the lack of a roof and bar. Whilst this has always been recognised as a problem in the offing, and is being rectified, nothing seemed to have been done to prevent it becoming a problem. Folk cannot move around the ground anymore to shelter from the rain or wander out when it shines, folk cannot go and hide in the bar 15 minutes before half time if the game was crap. We knew this was going to happen and then allowed it to happen. We know that the club will not spend money it does not have. But how much money would it have cost to have built a roof and bar when it started to become apparent that we were going up? And how much money has it cost us so far this season not having them?

Until such time as we have these basic provisions it seems futile to bust a gut going out to attract new fans. In the meantime we allow the haves and have-nots to drift further apart.
Old 04-02-2007, 11:46   #12
Senior Member+

I brought 2 new people yesterday. With a brew, pie, programme and entrance fee, they must have spent £20 each. However, due to quality of football on show, neither will be coming back in a hurry. Can't say I blame them.
Old 04-02-2007, 12:40   #13
God Member

its not just no roof and lack of bar its the prices people forget that stanley are back in the league and when you say its 13 squid they always say what to watch accy stanley..i think we should reduce till the end of the season and charge a tenner and advertise the cheapest league tickets in the northwest youd soon attract interest the real supporters who dont go now cause they dont want to line the murdoch empire pockets . it just shows the selfishness and greed of the fa they would just watch all the league clubs die and rub their hands with glee . yes weve got the monoply on football now a license to print money .they dont give a **** about grass roots football{im not talking about everybody in the fa im talking about them in their ivory tower the ones at the top**the ones in murdochs pockets
cmonstanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 12:47   #14
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
the real supporters who dont go now cause they dont want to line the murdoch empire pockets .
Thats not logical. Murdoch doesn't get your money when you pay at the turnstile. If people don't want to line Murdochs pocket they should get out of the armchair and on to a ground.
Old 04-02-2007, 12:55   #15
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Thats not logical. Murdoch doesn't get your money when you pay at the turnstile. If people don't want to line Murdochs pocket they should get out of the armchair and on to a ground.
yea but what was the average price before sky and the average price after sky came in so your saying rupert murdoch has nothing to do with the hype of the premiership nothing to do with the prima doners wage demands that raised the prices at the turnstile it has everything to do with it .in the old days you could decide at last minute now you have plan it by saving money i agree with you the armchair fans should get of their backsides but if it wasnt for murdoch they wouldnt have any football to watch in their armchair....
cmonstanley is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..