Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-04-2012, 10:27   #16
Senior Member+

Re: Prolific Goalscorer?

Better when he was loan?!?!

No chance for me, Terry was one of our best players last season.

Just look what he has done at Shrewsbury this season, guided them into a promotion place, playing a similar role to what he did here.

Smashed in another two great goals on Saturday.

Shrews fans are saying Championship clubs are in for him, that's how good he has been this year.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-04-2012, 10:32   #17
Full Member+

I had him down as a 10 attempts to score 1 goal player. I didn't realise he'd been scoring a lot at Shrewsbury. I might wear my last season's away shirt with Gornell on the back on Saturday. In memory of what might have been if he and others had stayed after last season.
winstanley asfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2012, 12:53   #18
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by winstanley asfc View Post
On about Terry Gornell, i hope he's playing on Saturday he had a sort of decent season for us last term but i reckon he was better when he was here on loan, playing up front with Paul Mullin!

I'd forfeit Saturday's game if Shrewsbury winning meant stopping Crawley winning automatic promotion. I'm hoping that come the 5th of may their destiny is in our hands, and we can force them into the play offs then......
Shrewsbury is a lot nearer than Crawley, for that reason I'd rather see Crawley promoted. No disrespect to Shrewsbury, but the less southern teams in our league next season the better. (for the away support, our travellers and club economics).
Redash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2012, 13:01   #19
Senior Member+

I agree Redash.

The league has been a nightmare this season for that.

I have missed too many away games, as I simply cannot afford the constant long distance away trips.

If we lose Swindon, Crawley, Torquay and maybe Southend or Cheltenham, Hereford & Barnet and gain Fleetwood, Wrexham, Rochdale, Chesterfield, Exeter (To replace Torquay ) & Wycombe............. it suddenly looks ALOT better
Old 17-04-2012, 14:36   #20
Senior Member+

Wycombes still a fair treck smudge ha. Weve benefited anyway with a tasty game against blackpool reserves.

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2012, 15:39   #21
Senior Member+

Agreed Wycombe is a drag, as is Exeter (though i'll be staying in Torquay if its a good time of year, August or Easter weekend please )

As for the rest....... its looks decent, not forgetting Bradford, Morecambe, Port Vale, Burton & Rotherham (with their new stadium).
Old 17-04-2012, 16:09   #22
God Member

Izzy McLeod at this level is a cracking player and perhaps may become available?

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2012, 17:01   #23

The Heed army are only 1 divison below us Cashy. They are a decent Conference outfit who will probably push for the playoffs next season with an increasing fanbase and a planned new stadium in the town centre so may have a bit of brass. So it's doubtful whether the carrot of league football will draw Mr Shaw from "The Heed Army" but would be a good signing.
Old 17-04-2012, 17:20   #24
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendle Red View Post
Izzy McLeod at this level is a cracking player and perhaps may become available?
Was he not transferred for 1 million a couple of seasons ago?
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2012, 17:30   #25
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
Was he not transferred for 1 million a couple of seasons ago?
Indeed now playing for Barnet

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Izale_McLeod

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2012, 18:39   #26
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Doubt very much he would come this far north, if it came to it, Don't disagree though.
Old 17-04-2012, 22:45   #27
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Would be a acquisition i think we need next season, Plus a Keeper, Theres a guy up at Gateshead "Jon Shaw" been scoring fer fun this season, Hear hes outa contract end of season, May be worth having a look at the guy?
He's certainly bagged a few goals for Gateshead in his short time there but do we know how old the lad is....If he's over 24 then we'd get him for nowt (assuming a deal could be done regarding his wages) but if under 24 (and Gateshead have offered an improved contract) then we'd have to pay a fee..which unless the two clubs agree goes to a tribunal ( and let's face it we haven't had much luck in those )

But if he's good enough, maybe he'd be worth a look...I've said in the past that we've missed out on some quality young talent for the lack of investment / ambition ( Carl Baker is one that springs to mind ) and it's all a big IF but if we can find the money & the lad proves his worth then maybe we'd gain in the long term when it comes to selling him on ????

Quote:
Would certainly be a cracking signing but I really doubt that we could afford his wages

Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill.

Last edited by carpon; 17-04-2012 at 22:46. Reason: missed info
carpon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2012, 23:51   #28
Senior Member+

28, according the the Encyclopedia Wikipedia

"Jon Steven Shaw (born 10 November 1983) is an English footballer who plays for Gateshead as a striker"

Div3North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2012, 03:11   #29
God Member

Exclamation Re: Prolific Goalscorer?

At 28 he is past it then

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2012, 10:37   #30
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
At 28 he is past it then
Doesn't say much for me, then .......... I'm not 28 any more
Div3North is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..