Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-04-2012, 21:20   #1
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Prolific Goalscorer?

Would be a acquisition i think we need next season, Plus a Keeper, Theres a guy up at Gateshead "Jon Shaw" been scoring fer fun this season, Hear hes outa contract end of season, May be worth having a look at the guy?
Old 16-04-2012, 21:29   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Prolific Goalscorer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Would be a acquisition i think we need next season, Plus a Keeper, Theres a guy up at Gateshead "Jon Shaw" been scoring fer fun this season, Hear hes outa contract end of season, May be worth having a look at the guy?
Looks like you could be right Cashy

"On 28 January 2012, Shaw scored his 50th Gateshead goal in only his 80th appearance, his 40th league goal in 67 league games for the club."

Div3North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2012, 21:33   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Div3North View Post
Looks like you could be right Cashy

"On 28 January 2012, Shaw scored his 50th Gateshead goal in only his 80th appearance, his 40th league goal in 67 league games for the club."

Jeez never realised he has that many. was just a conversation i was having wi a guy in docs this morning, Must be worth em running the rule oer.
Old 17-04-2012, 01:56   #4
Full Member+

Quote:
That's some record but wouldn't he be out of our price range?
winstanley asfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2012, 06:32   #5
God Member

Could be another Sean McConville!? I seem to remember Sean had an impressive non-league scoring record, think it was 15 goals in 30 games for Skelmersdale just before he came to us
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2012, 07:26   #6
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by winstanley asfc View Post
That's some record but wouldn't he be out of our price range?
Not if hes out of contract?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Could be another Sean McConville!? I seem to remember Sean had an impressive non-league scoring record, think it was 15 goals in 30 games for Skelmersdale just before he came to us
Could be, which is why i said worth checking out.
Old 17-04-2012, 08:03   #7
Senior Member+

I think he means with regards wages Cashy.........
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2012, 08:09   #8
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post
I think he means with regards wages Cashy.........
Will they be that big up yon Smudge? I know nowt about Gateshead. If there on more brass 2 divs below us, we aint got much goin fer us.

Last edited by cashman; 17-04-2012 at 08:13.
cashman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2012, 09:46   #9
Full Member+

To be honest i hadn't thought about the wages. I was reckoning that Gateshead would want around 75 to a 100 grand with add ons, so that'd maybe put him out of our range. Maybe Paul Cook has had a look and decided that he's worth a gamble, and told the board so.

"GATESHEAD boss Ian Bogie compared Heed striker Jon Shaw to the likes of Wayne Rooney, Robin Van Persie and Demba Ba ahead of tomorrow’s clash at Tamworth".

Read More http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport...#ixzz1sI16MT5x

Gateshead manager: Jon Shaw is as good as pros - Non-League Football - Non-League Football - Sport - ChronicleLive
Old 17-04-2012, 09:54   #10
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
To be honest i hadn't thought about the wages. I was reckoning that Gateshead would want around 75 to a 100 grand with add ons, so that'd maybe put him out of our range. Maybe Paul Cook has had a look and decided that he's worth a gamble, and told the board so.

"GATESHEAD boss Ian Bogie compared Heed striker Jon Shaw to the likes of Wayne Rooney, Robin Van Persie and Demba Ba ahead of tomorrow’s clash at Tamworth".

Read More Gateshead manager: Jon Shaw is as good as pros - Non-League Football - Non-League Football - Sport - ChronicleLive

Gateshead manager: Jon Shaw is as good as pros - Non-League Football - Non-League Football - Sport - ChronicleLive
Yeh Winstanley but if its correct that hes outa contract end of season, Gateshead will get nowt fer him?
Old 17-04-2012, 09:55   #11
Senior Member+

Quote:
Will they be that big up yon Smudge? I know nowt about Gateshead. If there on more brass 2 divs below us, we aint got much goin fer us.
I meant in terms of other clubs that will be looking at him.

We may get lucky............ but rest assured if we are looking, then other League 2 clubs will be doing the same, and there lies the problem.

Im assuming we are joint lowest payers along with Macclesfield.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2012, 09:58   #12
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post
I meant in terms of other clubs that will be looking at him.

We may get lucky............ but rest assured if we are looking, then other League 2 clubs will be doing the same, and there lies the problem.

Im assuming we are joint lowest payers along with Macclesfield.
Ah wasn't thinking along those lines, But my view is, its costs nowt to weigh up n have a sneck.
Old 17-04-2012, 10:05   #13
Full Member+

"Yeh Winstanley but if its correct that hes outa contract end of season, Gateshead will get nowt fer him"?

Like us with Gornell and Edwards last season Cashy?
Old 17-04-2012, 10:06   #14
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
"Yeh Winstanley but if its correct that hes outa contract end of season, Gateshead will get nowt fer him"?

Like us with Gornell and Edwards last season Cashy?
Does age not come into things?
Old 17-04-2012, 10:21   #15
Full Member+

On about Terry Gornell, i hope he's playing on Saturday he had a sort of decent season for us last term but i reckon he was better when he was here on loan, playing up front with Paul Mullin!

I'd forfeit Saturday's game if Shrewsbury winning meant stopping Crawley winning automatic promotion. I'm hoping that come the 5th of may their destiny is in our hands, and we can force them into the play offs then......

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..