Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-07-2010, 07:20   #16
Super Moderator

Re: Putterill and Parkinson agree deals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
And wynonie still hasnt provided an effective way to protest against O'neill
So, should we do what you're planning to do and what you want the rest of us to do? Not turn up to any home matches and not buy any merchandise, effectively depriving the club of a large chunk of income and probably killing it.

Well, that's certainly an effective way to protest against O'Neill, as he'll have no club to run. Unfortunately, we'll also have no club to watch. Yep, pretty effective, Davo.
Wynonie Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-07-2010, 11:55   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
So, should we do what you're planning to do and what you want the rest of us to do? Not turn up to any home matches and not buy any merchandise, effectively depriving the club of a large chunk of income and probably killing it.

Well, that's certainly an effective way to protest against O'Neill, as he'll have no club to run. Unfortunately, we'll also have no club to watch. Yep, pretty effective, Davo.
Perhaps it's a bit hypocritical of me to wade in here, as I don't get to may matches these days, but to me a boycott is what you do if your club is run by crooks (Chester) and there's no other way to get them out (it's ok mods, Vaughan was convicted). As far as I can tell, DO'N is merely out of his depth and as it's pretty obvious that he can't make money out of Stanley, boycotting isn't going to make much difference to him except perhaps in status. It will, however, make a great difference to those who work for the club (many of whom could then lose their jobs) and to those who care about the club's continuing survival at football league level, or perhaps at any level.

If you choose not to go to matches, fair enough. It's your money and you can spend it where and how you like. A fair few posters on here don't go to games for various reasons. For my part I live too far away and am involved in football here on matchdays. However, please don't make the mistake of thinking that your "boycott" is a remotely effective way of punishing O'Neill or that the club won't suffer disproportionately as a result.

And on that note, I should probably check whether my mum and dad have renewed their season tickets.

Back to topic, I wish all the new signings the best of luck. Journeyman or not, in a young squad I think that Parkinson's experience could be invaluable at the tougher end of the season. Now all we need is for that embargo to be lifted. (Next week?).

Last edited by BedsRed; 23-07-2010 at 11:57. Reason: Fat fingers
BedsRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2010, 12:40   #18
Senior Member+

Quote:

once again, wynonie is quick to criticise others but offers no alternative.
Its comical.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2010, 12:44   #19
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Its comical.
Here is an alternative. Support the team, turn up at the games and voice your protest to O'Neill.
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2010, 13:06   #20

Quote:
Lets be honest
the only benefit of signing andy parkinson is his experience, the guy leaves alot to be desired. Very much a journeyman.
Lets hope he finds a new lease of life under JC.

if this is the kind of signing we are able to attract, then 22nd place would be the equivelent of getting promotion.
This also points to the bigger picture - pay peanuts, you get monkeys. We have a chairman/owner who has gone on record saying he wont invest in the club. Thus, we will never be able to attract a better standard of player.
Of course we will be hoping JC picks up some rough diamonds, but we cant rely on JC's eye for talent alone, some proven quality would be welcome.
If coleman has not picked up any hidden gems, then it will be one long season.
Michael Symes is a journeyman
theresonlyoneaccy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2010, 13:10   #21

Quote:
Its comical.
Here's an alternative:

When the players have finished warming up and are in the dressing room the Ultras chant "O'Neill out!" then when the players walk out unveil a huge banner across from the "directors box" saying O'Neill out. This way we support the team and still voice our disapproval.

theresonlyoneaccy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2010, 13:16   #22
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by BedsRed View Post
Perhaps it's a bit hypocritical of me to wade in here, as I don't get to may matches these days, but to me a boycott is what you do if your club is run by crooks (Chester) and there's no other way to get them out (it's ok mods, Vaughan was convicted). As far as I can tell, DO'N is merely out of his depth and as it's pretty obvious that he can't make money out of Stanley, boycotting isn't going to make much difference to him except perhaps in status. It will, however, make a great difference to those who work for the club (many of whom could then lose their jobs) and to those who care about the club's continuing survival at football league level, or perhaps at any level.

If you choose not to go to matches, fair enough. It's your money and you can spend it where and how you like. A fair few posters on here don't go to games for various reasons. For my part I live too far away and am involved in football here on matchdays. However, please don't make the mistake of thinking that your "boycott" is a remotely effective way of punishing O'Neill or that the club won't suffer disproportionately as a result.

And on that note, I should probably check whether my mum and dad have renewed their season tickets.

Back to topic, I wish all the new signings the best of luck. Journeyman or not, in a young squad I think that Parkinson's experience could be invaluable at the tougher end of the season. Now all we need is for that embargo to be lifted. (Next week?).
Exactly!!!!
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2010, 15:07   #23
Super Moderator

Quote:
Its comical.
So, Davo, let's have a look at the alternatives:

1) My way: robustly criticize O'Neill, but carry on supporting Coley and the lads playing in the football league.

2) Your way: boycott home matches, don't buy merchandise and starve the club of funds, leading inevitably to its demise, throwing some good people out of work as Bedreds says, and leaving us with no Stanley.

I know which I'd prefer.
Old 23-07-2010, 19:15   #24
Senior Member+

Agreed with Wyonie for once

AS much as a hate those 2 idiots running things down there we simply cant stop supporting Coley & The Players
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2010, 19:20   #25
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Thats my view also seeing as Murder is n offence.
Old 23-07-2010, 19:40   #26
Senior Member+

to be completely honest looking at the trialists and how they have performed i am more than happy and the future season is looking a lot brighter than it was 2 weeks ago and i for one cannot wait for Aldershot and thankfully will not be bumping into dav007 who may as well stand in the coppice end for all of his support for OUR CLUB

IN JOHN AND JIMMY WE TRUST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 24-07-2010, 07:39   #27
Senior Member+

The biggest message u could send o'neill is an empty stadium. Just like the glazers and hicks .& gillette, verbal chants, protests, banners and emailing and phoning their businesses each and every day has had no effect.

Listen to the words of James of S0S 'the biggest stumbling block to removing the owners are the fans who continue to purchase merchandise, LFC tv subscriptions and attend home games'.

Its all about money and status with these men, an empty stadium with no cash coming in will send the clearest message.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2010, 08:09   #28
Senior Member+

Quote:
The biggest message u could send o'neill is an empty stadium. Just like the glazers and hicks .& gillette, verbal chants, protests, banners and emailing and phoning their businesses each and every day has had no effect.

Listen to the words of James of S0S 'the biggest stumbling block to removing the owners are the fans who continue to purchase merchandise, LFC tv subscriptions and attend home games'.

Its all about money and status with these men, an empty stadium with no cash coming in will send the clearest message.
An empty stadium with no money coming in results in padlocks on the gates - oh why are we bothering, you just don't get it, do you?
Old 24-07-2010, 08:26   #29
Super Moderator

Quote:
an empty stadium with no cash coming in will send the clearest message.
Believe me, Chimer, myself and a few others on here have had first hand experience of an empty stadium with no cash coming in and we know that it means just one thing...a defunct football club.
Old 24-07-2010, 08:30   #30
Senior Member+

Quote:
Believe me, Chimer, myself and a few others on here have had first hand experience of an empty stadium with no cash coming in and we know that it means just one thing...a defunct football club.
The few others include me Mr H

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..