Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-07-2010, 15:38   #1
Senior Member+

Putterill and Parkinson agree deals.

Observer reports that both Ray Putterill and Andy Parkinson have agreed deals ahead of the upcoming League Two campaign.

JC still in talks with Bateson,Jukes and Boulding.
Nickelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-07-2010, 15:45   #2
God Member

Re: Putterill and Parkinson agree deals.

Really hope this is true. Putterill comes highly rated but Parkinson's experience could be invaluable to us. Would like to see Hessey & Boulding added.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2010, 20:26   #3
Senior Member+

Lets be honest
the only benefit of signing andy parkinson is his experience, the guy leaves alot to be desired. Very much a journeyman.
Lets hope he finds a new lease of life under JC.

if this is the kind of signing we are able to attract, then 22nd place would be the equivelent of getting promotion.
This also points to the bigger picture - pay peanuts, you get monkeys. We have a chairman/owner who has gone on record saying he wont invest in the club. Thus, we will never be able to attract a better standard of player.
Of course we will be hoping JC picks up some rough diamonds, but we cant rely on JC's eye for talent alone, some proven quality would be welcome.
If coleman has not picked up any hidden gems, then it will be one long season.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2010, 20:35   #4
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
If coleman has not picked up any hidden gems, then it will be one long season.
Just out of interest, have you changed your mind about boycotting home matches?
Wynonie Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2010, 20:42   #5
Senior Member+

I think thats very unfair Dav to be honest.

Just look at players like Symes, Grant etc, they where nothing before Coley worked his magic on them last season.

In regards Putterill and Parkinson, who cares what they have done before they played for Stanley??? Not me, its about what they do FROM NOW ON that we are concerned with.

Whilst I agree DON is a fool, and is woefully out of his depth in terms of experience and finances that doesnt mean you should slag off our new signings before you have even seen them play.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2010, 21:17   #6
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

I'm wi smudgie on this, lets be seeing em play a few games, before commenting on what they can or can't do.
Old 22-07-2010, 21:32   #7
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
I'm wi smudgie on this, lets be seeing em play a few games, before commenting on what they can or can't do.

Not much chance of Davo doing that!
Wynonie Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2010, 21:38   #8
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Not much chance of Davo doing that!
fer once NO COMMENT.
Old 22-07-2010, 21:52   #9
Senior Member+

I usually agree with dav
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2010, 22:06   #10
Senior Member+

U cant compare andy parkinson who is tried and tested and over 30 with bobby grant who came through our youth set up.

Just like when we signed john miles and i raised concerns, i have watched enough of parkinson to know he neuer lasts 90mins, struggles physically to compete and his passing isnt the best.
On the plus size he has a decent shot, a good turn of pace and isnt scared to run at defenders.

The point im making is we are signing players who nobody else wants, who have poor track records and no re-sale value.

And wynonie still hasnt provided an effective way to protest against O'neill
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2010, 22:21   #11

Talk of promotion this year has always been dream talk. This is the first season we are operating within budget and our budget doesn't allow for League 2 football. Make no mistake this season is about survival, enjoy the ride and if we stay up great, if not we've made a damn good account of ourselves these last few years.
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2010, 22:30   #12

Quite funny that we have/agreed to sign Parkinson. On our way up to Darlo last season, we stopped off at a services and me and Jase spotted a few gateshead players. We spotted him and jase said 'thats the lad who played for Tranmere' after a few moments thought I shouted 'Andy Parkinson' we had a little chat with him and said you should play for stanley. for that I am going to personally credit myself and Jase for the signing of Parkinson ...

I think its a good signing.
Old 23-07-2010, 00:45   #13
Full Member+

I'd personally say that promotion aspirations are a "pipe dream" at this juncture. The main aim HAS to be survival. Coley has again had to work within increasingly tightened means.

The fact that the club are under yet another embargo hasn't helped Coleman acquire the players he'd probably want. In fact i'm amazed he (and Bell) has had the perseverance to put up with working under such constraints.....again.

Let's not forget that there have been bigger jobs than managing Stanley, and they have been....and gone in the last twelve months. I'm thankfull we've men at the helm in Coley & Bell, who are prepared to put up with such....rubbish (and I could have used much stronger words to describe the running of the club;and this comment has no refelction/ bearing or connection with Ilyas or Mr Marsden;and would not take a rocket scientist who those comments are aimed at) and are trying their guts out to try to keep the club moving forward within the means they have at their disposal.

It would have been easier to jump ship and go to Bradford, Stockport or Shrewsbury, should they have been offered their managers / assistants positions.

So In the essence of this post Dav, I've not seen any pre-season games and like you am extremely disgruntled by the present situation with O'Neill and Heys. I personally wouldn't trust neither of them to run me a bath, let alone the club.

However I'm prepared to reserve judgement on players like Parkinson until I've seen him in the flesh. You never know, Parkinson, and the likes of the lad from Macc may just have the experience to help us through what looks like a hard season.

After all, Coley signed players like Marsh and Cook who were way beyond what many considered were their better days; and both went on to be astute and quality signings.

And one final fact. These lads actually want to play for Stanley.You can use the arguement that nobody else would want them, but with a lack of money available, Coley is hardly going to sign worldbeaters is he???

Unlike the likes of Miles and Kempson. Regardless of what the club are going to pay the new lads, that speaks volumes to me. I'd sooner have players who are prepared to try and make it at this level and our club, than lads who are prepared to take the easy route out; and drop a level to a money laden club like Fleetwood or Grimsby.I'd sooner have players determined to prove their worth and fight for the cause, and that to me is SURVIVAL

Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill.
carpon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2010, 06:41   #14
God Member

Smile Re: Putterill and Parkinson agree deals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post
I think thats very unfair Dav to be honest.

Just look at players like Symes, Grant etc, they where nothing before Coley worked his magic on them last season.

In regards Putterill and Parkinson, who cares what they have done before they played for Stanley??? Not me, its about what they do FROM NOW ON that we are concerned with.

Whilst I agree DON is a fool, and is woefully out of his depth in terms of experience and finances that doesnt mean you should slag off our new signings before you have even seen them play.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
U cant compare andy parkinson who is tried and tested and over 30 with bobby grant who came through our youth set up.

Just like when we signed john miles and i raised concerns, i have watched enough of parkinson to know he neuer lasts 90mins, struggles physically to compete and his passing isnt the best.
On the plus size he has a decent shot, a good turn of pace and isnt scared to run at defenders.

The point im making is we are signing players who nobody else wants, who have poor track records and no re-sale value.

And wynonie still hasnt provided an effective way to protest against O'neill

I also agree with Smudgie, we have to give them a chance. Whilst I also am under impressed with most of the names we have been linked with, I am not on my own in remembering how I felt this time last year about the woeful signing of injury prone, 10 club, barndoor missing MICHAEL SYMES and how wrong I - and 1 or 2 other were about that!!!!

In Coley, we must trust.

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2010, 06:45   #15
God Member

Exclamation Re: Putterill and Parkinson agree deals.

Unlike the likes of Miles and Kempson. Regardless of what the club are going to pay the new lads, that speaks volumes to me. I'd sooner have players who are prepared to try and make it at this level and our club, than lads who are prepared to take the easy route out; and drop a level to a money laden club like Fleetwood or Grimsby.I'd sooner have players determined to prove their worth and fight for the cause, and that to me is SURVIVAL

Tad unfair on Kempo (and to an extent Milesy) Kempo was happy to play for Stanley, but how many of us can a££ord to put enjoyment at work, over paying the bills??

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..