Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-02-2006, 10:07   #16

Wink Re: Rob Elliot

I posted earlier this season saying that goalkeeper was the No1 priority if we were to challenge. The two Charlton lads have done us proud.

Last season this position was our real problem and I really believe that the inadequacy of Crichton cost us a play-off place.

Just keeping my fingers crossed that it's all plain sailing in the run in!
SimonStone is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-02-2006, 11:43   #17
I am Banned

Re: Rob Elliot

Awww Elliot is fantastic even when he had that dodgey match on the 21st when goal kicks went a bit squewiff lol, he has proven a great asset to Stanley & has done us proud i really hope Coley will sign him we need a strong backbone in our team such as him.
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2006, 17:29   #18
Senior Member+

just thought some of you might want to know that Darren Randolph was on the bench for charlton against newcastle last night....
Old 23-02-2006, 20:49   #19
Senior Member+

"Young Goalkeeper Darren Randolph was nearly having kittens then when the first choice keeper went down injured, he nearly had to come on"

I remember the commentator on sky sports news saying something like this last night.
Cafu01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2006, 01:22   #20
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cafu01
"Young Goalkeeper Darren Randolph was nearly having kittens then when the first choice keeper went down injured, he nearly had to come on"

I remember the commentator on sky sports news saying something like this last night.
He'd have done 'em proud. And so say all of us!
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2006, 13:31   #21
Senior Member+

id have to agree with the majority of the comments regarding Rob Elliott he has been a fantastic player for us this season.

Obviously i would love to see him as Stanley number 1 but realistically i cant see it.

For 1 Charlton have just got rid of Dean Kiely which leaves them with 2 senior keepers left. (Thomas Mhyre and Stephen Andersen)

I do believe that Andersen will be allowed to leave in the summer leaving Charlton with only Mhyre, obviously not including any potential singings.

Therefore i can see Charlton offering him a new contract, leaving Elliott and Randolph to fight it out for number 2 and 3.

I think a more realistic posibilty would be to see him return on loan again next season, but u never know just look at Edwards!!

On Stanley On!
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..