Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree59Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2022, 11:22   #61
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Rotherham away thread.

joe i think the penny has finally dropped with him or its the first time he has nearly admitted it, the people running things have it in for STANLEY, thats something i have thought for years dunno why but they have. he cannot say that but i can.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 06-02-2022, 11:29   #62
Full Member+

Harry's expressed his disappointment and apologized at not scoring on his twitter account so that's good, and one thing about Harry is he always gives us 110% so Harry will do for me...onwards and upwards, c'mon the mighty Reds
Watchdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 11:33   #63
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
joe i think the penny has finally dropped with him or its the first time he has nearly admitted it, the people running things have it in for STANLEY, thats something i have thought for years dunno why but they have. he cannot say that but i can.
can understand that in the past match officials not enjoying their day out at stanley when the pitch used to be really bad and the slope on it. even their changing rooms are still under par. once they improve we,ll see if their performances do likewise. always know myself of certain teams i dreaded doing just because of their pitch and facilities and it did spill over to my performance on the pitch. its these places where i always seemed to have my seasons nightmares no matter how i tried to put it out of my mind.
pifco likes this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 11:35   #64
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr T View Post
Joe;

Their goal came from the 2nd phase of play after a very soft free kick to Rotherham.

His 2nd reference is to when Korede A turned the big centre half on the half way line and was racing away towards goal. The referee then gave Rotherham a free kick for a foul on the centre half. Really looked a poor decision; especially when Korede had loads of pace and looked really lively.
Cheers Mark

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 11:36   #65
God Member

Quote:
Not for the first time Cashy, you are not wrong

cashman likes this.

Old 06-02-2022, 11:39   #66
God Member

Smile Re: Rotherham away thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
can understand that in the past match officials not enjoying their day out at stanley when the pitch used to be really bad and the slope on it. even their changing rooms are still under par. once they improve we,ll see if their performances do likewise. always know myself of certain teams i dreaded doing just because of their pitch and facilities and it did spill over to my performance on the pitch. its these places where i always seemed to have my seasons nightmares no matter how i tried to put it out of my mind.
Not right M.H.

There is a chap on here who can tell you how much ALL officials enjoy coming to Stanley

Old 06-02-2022, 15:31   #67
God Member

Can understand Coleman's frustrations with yesterday but to say the game should have been abandoned over the incident with the kid( idiot) that ran on was a bit of a over reaction we could and should have won it penalty scored and Clark scoring instead of the post even Paul Warne after apologizing for what happened said the last eight minutes felt like years could easily have lost and were hanging on at the end.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 15:42   #68
God Member

The way things are developing at grounds with fans increasingly disrupting games, starting with keeping hold of the ball, invading the pitch, spitting at players (were they Bolton’s at Stanley), throwing bottles (Bolton again at Morecambe), and now ‘progressing’ to trying to assault players (another example just now at Forest v Leicester), there will be more and more of it unless the football authorities take some firm action.
Rotherham fans need to be made an example of before we return to the lunacy of the 70s.
Rather than some meaningless fine, that does nothing to deter the real culprits, I think Rotherham should be made to play at home for a significant period behind closed doors.
The morons have to be stopped now.
cashman, pifco, andyd and 1 others like this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 15:43   #69
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

I think coleman was correct when a player has been attacked on the field it should be abandoned in my view, if the team offended against was awarded the match the scum would soon stop imho

Last edited by cashman; 06-02-2022 at 15:50.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 15:45   #70
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
The way things are developing at grounds with fans increasingly disrupting games, starting with keeping hold of the ball, invading the pitch, spitting at players (were they Bolton’s at Stanley), throwing bottles (Bolton again at Morecambe), and now ‘progressing’ to trying to assault players (another example just now at Forest v Leicester), there will be more and more of it unless the football authorities take some firm action.
Rotherham fans need to be made an example of before we return to the lunacy of the 70s.
Rather than some meaningless fine, that does nothing to deter the real culprits, I think Rotherham should be made to play at home for a significant period behind closed doors.
The morons have to be stopped now.
Seen a video off so called Liecester fans throwing chairs into a bar in Nottingham before the game agree stop it in its tracks before it becomes a gravy train for cocaine and alcohol fuelled youngsters to see it has the new thing to attach thereselves too.
cashman and monkey hanger like this.
Old 06-02-2022, 15:50   #71
God Member

Quote:
I think coleman was correct when a player has been attacked on the field it should be abandoned in my view,
Maybe but after if it's still the rules a game abandoned after 75 minutes the score stands before 75 it's replaid this was in about the 88 th minute so probably won't have made much difference, the club should if it can't control it's supporters should face a fine or threatened with behind closed doors.
Old 06-02-2022, 16:13   #72

Would Coley still have expected the game be abandoned if we had scored the penalty????
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 16:22   #73
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Stiffupperlip View Post
Would Coley still have expected the game be abandoned if we had scored the penalty????
that makes no difference to me if it was abandoned and we were awarded the result the scum would have a good chance of stopping there stupidity surely?
Old 06-02-2022, 16:24   #74
God Member

Once again, rugby union reveals just how differently things can be handled if it’s left to the grown-ups.
At Murrayfield an England player deliberately commits foul play yards from the try line by knocking the ball forward to prevent it being caught by a Scottish player. Even though there was no guarantee the Scottish player would have (a) caught the ball cleanly, and (b) successfully grounded it, the ref(s) sent off the England player, and awarded Scotland 7 points. Tough, but those are the rules.

In football, late in the game someone on the goal line deliberately ‘handles’ the ball to prevent it going in the net, gets sent off, but provides his goalkeeper with the opportunity to save the penalty.
So what’s the incentive for any defender not to do the same again if it’s, say, after the 80th minute? Worst case, the opposition may get the goal but increasingly it seems penalties can be saved or missed so the cheats can win again.
As for fining Rotherham for the actions of a moron, I’m sure the club would be more happy to pay a few thousand rather than ‘lose’ two points.
monkey hanger likes this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 16:34   #75
God Member

Smile Re: Rotherham away thread.

Some good points Exile and I was thinking yesterday about the unfairness of the handball.

I know it would be more rules and potential mistakes but, the handball yesterday, should result in a goal to the attacking side and a red card to the defending side!

Forget the penalty, as that is a lottery.

At least there would be an advantage for the attacking team.

Never happen I know, but it would be fairer

ferret man likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..