Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-07-2006, 20:21   #1

Cool Same Old Club

Tags as “Back after 44 years” or “The club that wouldn’t die” would make much more sense if the club (see fishy site) didn’t insist that the old club did die, claiming that Accrington Stanley was formed in 1968. To me this is just silly. Surely Bill Parkinson, Jack Barrett et al who reformed the club in 1968, did just that, reform it. They didn’t pick the same name, the same colours and the same badge to distance themselves from the old League side, did they?

It’s not a legal issue. If the fans see it as the same club, then it is. It’s really that simple. And you do, don’t you?<O
Greger is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 13-07-2006, 20:29   #2
God Member

Re: Same Old Club

Nope......... but then again i wasnt around when the old club was.......no really i wasnt

Its a different club.. but then again its the same club.. same name.. same town.. same folk.... the rest of football sees it as a different club and comes down hard on you for sugegsting it is same... so I would go with no... I may very well be in the minority......again

Last edited by KIPAX; 13-07-2006 at 20:32.
KIPAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2006, 21:02   #3

I've always been in the "it's the same club" camp. Much like a man who wakes up after a coma and can't remember anything. It's still the same person, but he has to start over again. Strange comparison I know but it's important we don't just brush off the Old Stanley, saying their nowt to do with us. After all, it's partly due to their folding that the press love us so much. League return, club that woudn't die etc.

PS: Nice site Greger
Old 13-07-2006, 22:29   #4
God Member

same old club please
Old 14-07-2006, 08:01   #5
Senior Member+

Same club, ask Jack Barrett

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2006, 08:23   #6

Yeti Pentathlon Champion!
Cash Beast Champion!

Same club, lots of clubs have had to reform-Bradford PA,Newport County,Aldershot to name a few.I Feel certain their fans see it as same club as well.
norwich stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2006, 17:12   #7
Senior Member+

Definitely the same club, I'm still wearing the same scarf .....

Play Up Stanley, Stanley Play Up
Chimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2006, 17:49   #8
Senior Member+

I remember when the discussions were on about a return to football in Accy and the main thing was we couldn't let Accrington Stanley die, so if we are a different club then Accrington Stanley died and we should be Accrington United or similar, we arn't so same club.

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2006, 18:27   #9
Super Moderator

Same heart, same soul, same spirit, same club. Keep the faith!
Old 14-07-2006, 18:36   #10
God Member

pretty much a unanimous decision then. Everybody thinks same club other than Kipax but then maybe it is but then again......
Old 14-07-2006, 19:55   #11
God Member

If there was an exhibition about the club - should it start in 1968 or should it start a long time ago? Equally, if there was a book about the club wouldn't you want to know about the times before 1968 as well? Therefore, same club!

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2006, 20:38   #12
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle
If there was an exhibition about the club - should it start in 1968 or should it start a long time ago? Equally, if there was a book about the club wouldn't you want to know about the times before 1968 as well? Therefore, same club!
There’s only ever been one “Accrington Stanley Football Club” and it’s still here today graced with its dignity, pride and history.

Gayle for me you must begin the story of Accrington Stanley FC where every story starts, at the beginning.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2006, 07:02   #13
Senior Member+

Of course it,s the same club, for those of us that were there in the 50s, 60s, and 70s and are still there today it,s history. It,s like a family, this is just the new generation. And a fine bunch they are too.
ossy kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2006, 10:53   #14
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod
pretty much a unanimous decision then. Everybody thinks same club other than Kipax but then maybe it is but then again......
Kipax's role - to be the exception that proves the rule ......

Play Up Stanley - Stanley Play Up
Chimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2006, 11:00   #15
God Member

Oh dear.. did I have an opinion.. well excuse me...

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..