Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree33Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-11-2013, 18:37   #16
Senior Member+

Re: Scunthorpe Match Thread

Well done to the team and JB for turning this into a season that might be worth remembering for the right reasons and the performance today which won many friends on this side of the country

Think Stanley should offer GB an extended contract. He and Odejayi are the dream ticket

Stanley also need to see what they can do about securing Odejayi in Jan
smobile likes this.

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 16-11-2013, 23:08   #17
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom D View Post
WE ARE BACK!

Although from the sounds of things scunthorpe were very poor..... but so were portsmouth, cheltenham (worse team to beat us in a long time), burton.... we were just even worse on the day

This league is full of teams with nothing to choose between them..... Maybe, just maybe the 'belief factor' that JB was banging on about when everyone was calling for new personnel/new tactics etc is the key ingredient in the league this year.

He might actually be good at this job. What do you think Davo?

WE WERE NOT AWAY

Scunthorpe were only as good as Stanley allowed them to be.
Believe me a lot more to come!!!
yonmon likes this.
Chubbyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2013, 23:11   #18
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
Really tough game.
As long as the players give 100% I will be happy.
Can See our central midfield being pulled apart today, surely Beattie can see the problems we have in the centre of the park?
I would go 1 up top today and encourage 2 of the 3 centre mids to get up in support and run beyond the striker.
At last DAV you are at least right on one point the lads did give 100% or possibly more?Still don't like Beattie ?
carpon likes this.
Chubbyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2013, 23:37   #19
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubbyman View Post
At last DAV you are at least right on one point the lads did give 100% or possibly more?Still don't like Beattie ?
Don't expect a honest answer......his mate (s) probably told him differently and he's far too busy in the kitchen preparing to make another great humble pie.....

After all......Beattie isn't the man to lead us up the table and Bowerman is a duck egg....Just like Leam Richardson was never going to get us out of the mire last season.

I wonder what his next pearl of "wisdom" will be......

Maybe.....topically....Davo's going to set the world straight and let us all know who really killed J.F.K. ???? His mate probably told him !!!
Chubbyman likes this.

Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill.
carpon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2013, 00:56   #20
Senior Member+

Totally great win today, looks like Beattie might know a thing or two, some people are able to learn from their experiences and can see further than the end of their nose! and some are just to blind to to appreciate it! Well done James.
ossy kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2013, 09:06   #21
Senior Member+

Great performance yesterday,we started with a very attacking 4-4-2 and scunny had no answer to our pressing and width.
We attacked from all areas of the pitch and they had no answer,indeed,the game should have been over by half time.
Our keeper never made a save and they never had a corner.
The second half saw them introduce two wide men and they started to dominate,but we always looked dangerous on the break,the big difference was we were organised in defence and showed good concentration.
Just on a side note,was with a work associate prior to the game( scunny life long season ticket holder),asked him later what he thought of Acci,he said he was impressed with the work rate,running and shooting of our centre mid ---murph !!,maybe a few critics may take note
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2013, 09:24   #22
Senior Member+

Great win boys!
Sounds like George and Kayode could make a great front pairing for us.
Here's to continuing the move up the table!
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2013, 10:10   #23
Senior Member+

At last our mid-field was in control of their patch !!... Our Captain's passing was direct and accurate.... George Bowerman's running off the ball was a delight to watch... Odejaye continues to show the skills needed to lead the line...Marcus Bettinelli is going to be one of the great 'keepers methinks....indeed the whole team, playing to JB's tactics made for a very comfortable win....and to quote our Manager look like a team that have so much more to give!.
The other highlight of the day...apart from dodging the temptation to sample Scunthorpe's edition of Pukka's Chicken Balti Pie, was the Turnstile search conducted by a rather dishy Steward, who flinched somewhat as I suggested that if she had access to a more private location, then a full-body search would not be out of the question !....she, along with my travelling companion, groaned at the worst pun I'd concocted for a long time. When I asked the reason for the search she told me she was looking for flares and did I have any ?..
I merely replied that I had a pair at home that I'd worn in my glam-rock days but didn't fit me anymore !.....and that's when she ceased to fondle my nether-regions. !! .
All in all, a satisfying afternoon amongst the denizens of North Lincolnshire !!.

ps. On a Football note, I was thoroughly disgusted at the display of petulant, persistent foul-play from Scunthorpe's Sean McAllister..no place on any pitch for a No 4 with his attitude and style of play...although Yellow carded, his behaviour earned him a final warning...he still persisted with a couple more sly trips which IMHO
should have seen him dismissed .....what a disgrace to Soccer...hope Brian Laws really sorts him out !!.
smobile likes this.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2013, 10:38   #24
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpon View Post
Don't expect a honest answer......his mate (s) probably told him differently and he's far too busy in the kitchen preparing to make another great humble pie.....

After all......Beattie isn't the man to lead us up the table and Bowerman is a duck egg....Just like Leam Richardson was never going to get us out of the mire last season.

I wonder what his next pearl of "wisdom" will be......

Maybe.....topically....Davo's going to set the world straight and let us all know who really killed J.F.K. ???? His mate probably told him !!!
Once again, certain people are getting excited!

I never said I didnt rate Beattie, I said based on the evidence of the first 10 games he rightfully was criticised.

Again, no one questioned Bowerman's ability, but his attitude at previous clubs got him the bullet.

Carpon and chubbyman, you really need to re-read your posts, you are displaying a real problem with bitterness.
You need to let it go.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2013, 10:42   #25
Senior Member+

And we are 22nd on equal points with the team in 23rd.
Lets all get excited.

I hope Beattie turns it round, he deserves lots of credit fpt the win.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2013, 11:16   #26
Senior Member+

Davo,recent form suggests things are changing and confidence is growing,there will be set-backs,but a settled side and a bit of form is paying dividends.
Even in the first part of the season,we hardly ever got took to the cleaners and now a few players are showing a bit of form-good signs IMHO.
Ps- what Bowerman lacks in pace,he makes up with movement and great feet/touch,was impressed
carpon likes this.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2013, 18:52   #27
Resting in Peace

Highlights here:-

Redash, yonmon and smobile like this.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2013, 19:43   #28
God Member

Cheers for that

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2013, 19:49   #29
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
I never said I didnt rate Beattie
Who wrote the following, Dav?

My biggest problem with James Beattie as our manager is simple, its his tactical knowledge and ability,
He doesn't have any.
He doesn't know how to change a game
His formations, team instructions, game plan, substitutions, player selection is all amateur.
He clearly is not cut out to be a football league manager.

Now wriggle out of that one.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2013, 20:39   #30

i was at the game and bowerman did impress. Such a pity so few followers from Accrington. We got home for 7 o'clock.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..