Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree33Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-11-2013, 12:41   #1

Scunthorpe Match Thread

Probably be putting out the same XI, no arguments with that if they bring home the points and the rock keeps rolling!

Seriously considered the 5 hour round trip to this one, but after a 70 hour week the missus has put her foot down. :d

I would take a draw, 3 points would almost def see us out the bottom 2.
Tom D is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 16-11-2013, 12:52   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Scunthorpe Match Thread

Really tough game.
As long as the players give 100% I will be happy.
Can See our central midfield being pulled apart today, surely Beattie can see the problems we have in the centre of the park?
I would go 1 up top today and encourage 2 of the 3 centre mids to get up in support and run beyond the striker.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2013, 14:29   #3
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Stanley 1 up.
Old 16-11-2013, 14:42   #4
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Stanley 2 Scunny 0
Old 16-11-2013, 14:51   #5

Half time 0-2 up and Scunny haven't yet managed a shot on target :-)
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2013, 15:57   #6
God Member

Bloody brilliant! Never been more chuffed for my prediction of a draw to be wrong - well done lads
Outback Ozzy likes this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2013, 15:57   #7
God Member

Brilliant result.
From the stats, the BIG difference today was the number of shots and the % on target. Well done, lads.
Outback Ozzy likes this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2013, 15:59   #8

WE ARE BACK!

Although from the sounds of things scunthorpe were very poor..... but so were portsmouth, cheltenham (worse team to beat us in a long time), burton.... we were just even worse on the day

This league is full of teams with nothing to choose between them..... Maybe, just maybe the 'belief factor' that JB was banging on about when everyone was calling for new personnel/new tactics etc is the key ingredient in the league this year.

He might actually be good at this job. What do you think Davo?
Revived Red, carpon and smobile like this.
Tom D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2013, 16:07   #9
Senior Member+

A pretty crap weekend just got a whole lot better!! Well done boys.
Old 16-11-2013, 16:08   #10
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Good result today from the boys, well done all, now lets keep the momentum up & the seasons start will just be a hazy memory.
Old 16-11-2013, 16:18   #11
God Member

YEHAWWWWWWWW.. a great result to wake up to.Onwards and upwards....
Outback Ozzy likes this.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2013, 16:19   #12

delighted to be a prediction league muppet today ! With 5 out of the 7 remaining this year to be played at home, should we be getting excited ? Pleased for Beatts - admire his attitude & committment + he seems to be a really nice bloke to be around. Must give the lads confidence and played a massive part in turning things around.
LongLostSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2013, 17:51   #13
Senior Member+

best of it is we play a team below us next week. Well done to BT and the team. Maybe we now have the front 2 that the team has been crying out for.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2013, 18:12   #14

Out the drop zone :-)
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2013, 18:32   #15
Full Member+

Great result. Sounded like we were the better side and deserving of the win. The belief that Beattie has talked about is really coming to the surface now!!

Also great to see Bowerman notch on his first full start. From the commentary on the fishy it seemed he had a stormer today. Hoping for continued performances in a similar vein and Davo can get his recipe for humble pie out again.

No time to rest on laurels, an important run of fixtures coming up which with more positive results (and more importantly wins) could see us climb further up the table and away from danger, especially when two of the next three are against the bottom two.

Hope there's some clarification about the embargo situation, i.e. has it be lifted / or when will it be lifted. Interesting to wonder who Beattie may have lined up to come in on loan??
smobile likes this.

Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill.
carpon is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..