Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-03-2012, 16:24   #1
God Member

Season Tickets ...

details tomorrow regarding next season

What are you expecting? Increase, decrease or freeze?
maccawozzagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-03-2012, 16:28   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Season Tickets ...

I'll be honest, whatever is announced it cant be as badly handled as last season.

Unfortunately for me last season it was simply not financially viable to buy one, so im paying on the door this season, for almost the same money.

I would like to see it around the £200 mark personally.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2012, 16:45   #3
Full Member+

Id be very surprised if it was a decrease, though it'd be a welcome one! I reckon it'll be the same as this season personally.
Red-Osbornello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2012, 17:43   #4
God Member

Tightrope time!

Hopefully the Club will get it right they knows what it takes to make the Club function in terms of money, areas that can be improved to increase revenue of which season tickets is a key part in money into the Club at a difficult time of year whilst taking into account the more you sell the more money in and then looking a expanding on that to those who purchase a season ticket in terms of the match day experience and increasing revenue for those twenty three games that they will attend.

The economic times are not just tight for football clubs but most people in general, I would like to see more emphasis on Family Tickets to some degree it is there with the under 12's but I would like to see it advertised not just on the website or the Accy Observer but as an advertising campaign like the Share Issue has been promoted with a town centre presence.

It needs to become a talking point for the right reasons VFM looking at new innovative ways of bringing people through the turnstiles no stone left unturned.

Over to the Club

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2012, 20:16   #5
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post

i would like to see it around the £200 mark personally.
+1
Old 22-03-2012, 09:24   #6

As Blackburn Rovers have advertised their tickets at the same price as this season, it gives us a problem ! We have to increase the gates to survive, but in an economic down turn, how do we address the situation? We must increase at the rate of inflation, but any increase will result in reduced ticket sales.

Make the price of early ticket sales very competitive, to gain monies which could or should gain interest over the coming weeks and look at monthly contributions from fans on a standing order basis like most Golf Clubs inthe area. This would guarantee the club a regular income, which would help with cash flow throughout the lean months and over the season. There is no easy solution.
tonyalveston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2012, 09:42   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyalveston View Post
As Blackburn Rovers have advertised their tickets at the same price as this season, it gives us a problem ! We have to increase the gates to survive, but in an economic down turn, how do we address the situation? We must increase at the rate of inflation, but any increase will result in reduced ticket sales.

Make the price of early ticket sales very competitive, to gain monies which could or should gain interest over the coming weeks and look at monthly contributions from fans on a standing order basis like most Golf Clubs inthe area. This would guarantee the club a regular income, which would help with cash flow throughout the lean months and over the season. There is no easy solution.
One suggestion we put to the club was a reciprical agreement between say Stanley & Accrington Golf club,where season ticket holders might get a reduced green fee or golf club members reduced match day tickets.Was just a thought.
Old 22-03-2012, 11:21   #8
God Member

Price freeze:-

ASFC News Story > 4661

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2012, 12:02   #9

Good, Sensible move by the club.
smobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2012, 14:27   #10

Good idea Fourth Official, as we have a number of Golf Clubs in the area, and this kind of net working makes good sense. Many of the members are soccer fans and I feel would welcome the option.
tonyalveston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2012, 14:29   #11
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Very good move in this climate,Nice one Stanley.
Old 22-03-2012, 14:32   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyalveston View Post
Good idea Fourth Official, as we have a number of Golf Clubs in the area, and this kind of net working makes good sense. Many of the members are soccer fans and I feel would welcome the option.
Did speak to Rob Houseman at Stanley about it,don't know whether he took it any further.
Old 22-03-2012, 18:00   #13
God Member

Done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2012, 10:21   #14
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Good video by Rob Heys on Fishy now.
Old 23-03-2012, 11:18   #15
Full Member+

Sensible I suppose the only bugbear I have is I think the club should have announced this at the end of feb/start of March as the end of April deadline may be too short for some to take advantage of the deal ie familys etc.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..