Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2008, 21:22   #1
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Seating for away fans

Seating is for home fans only if im correct,so why do we let away fans in???.Not that there was meany any way in the seats,there was a few at least 5 or 6 in front of me !one inparticuler was using the wall to it on and didn't like it when i asked him to sit in a seat with out some remark.and after he did wouldn't shut up all game.if we are going to let away fans in to the seating area is it possible to use the seats to the right of the directors seats(or left depending on which way your looking) and use that old turnstile were the players come in as away fans only,im sure it wouldn't cost much to do'

Last edited by mab; 10-08-2008 at 21:27.
mab is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 10-08-2008, 22:08   #2
God Member

Re: Seating for away fans

seating issues should be well and truly resolved by next season!!!!

there'll be two spare seats between everybody sat down so plenty of leg room.
Old 10-08-2008, 23:19   #3
mab
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post

I a gree with you macca,i was thinking on the short term,being a season ticket holder in the seats we shouldn't have away fans in with us thats the point im trying to make...
Old 10-08-2008, 23:33   #4
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post

always think positive macca, the negative in that is disasterous.
Old 10-08-2008, 23:45   #5
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
Seating is for home fans only if im correct,so why do we let away fans in???.Not that there was meany any way in the seats,there was a few at least 5 or 6 in front of me !one inparticuler was using the wall to it on and didn't like it when i asked him to sit in a seat with out some remark.and after he did wouldn't shut up all game.if we are going to let away fans in to the seating area is it possible to use the seats to the right of the directors seats(or left depending on which way your looking) and use that old turnstile were the players come in as away fans only,im sure it wouldn't cost much to do'
Sorry Mab, but the club provides seating for away disabled fans (and not all disabled people are in wheelchairs) that is why there seemed to be som many shots fans in the main stand. They should be seated in the block nearest the away fans (and always have been).

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 07:17   #6
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy View Post
Sorry Mab, but the club provides seating for away disabled fans (and not all disabled people are in wheelchairs) that is why there seemed to be som many shots fans in the main stand. They should be seated in the block nearest the away fans (and always have been).
If that is the case why were away fans sat in the Stanley directors and sponsors area ?????? .
Old 11-08-2008, 09:32   #7
God Member

if they were sat in the directors area then I would presume that they were officials of the shots, otherwise Eric would of had kittens!
Posted via Mobile Device
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 09:39   #8
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukcowboy View Post
if they were sat in the directors area then I would presume that they were officials of the shots, otherwise Eric would of had kittens!
Posted via Mobile Device
Why would they be sat amongst the stanley directors and sponsors,do they not have thier own area, did'nt here any purring or meows though !!!!.
Old 11-08-2008, 09:44   #9
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacher Man View Post
If that is the case why were away fans sat in the Stanley directors and sponsors area ?????? .

And they had the gall to keep shouting ill-informed and misplaced sentiments of support for 'the Shots'...Right in my Left Earhole!! ...
It did seem odd though that these sad individuals were sat sitting in the seats in the seats reserved for the Great and Good of the Boro' of Hyndburn, when the Stewards were turning others away!..the good side was that they obviously didn't qualify for the Butty and Meat Pie ( All Free!!!)...at Half-Time!!..
But the NEW STAND will sort all these logistical problems out...just wait and see Preacher !!.

'What me Worry'..When John Miles is left on the Bench..I do!!

'ON STANLEY...ON!!!'
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 11:22   #10
mab
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy View Post
i a gree with what you say outback ozzy but these shot's fans were far from being disabled,and with macclesfield the next home game the same will happen again.and were where the stewards to move his man on to a seat he'd still have been sat on the wall if i hadn't have asked him to move,the game was 5 mins in and my youngest couldn't see owt
Old 11-08-2008, 15:46   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
i a gree with what you say outback ozzy but these shot's fans were far from being disabled,and with macclesfield the next home game the same will happen again.and were where the stewards to move his man on to a seat he'd still have been sat on the wall if i hadn't have asked him to move,the game was 5 mins in and my youngest couldn't see owt
Im actually quite surprised they didnt, our lads n lasses are usually pretty good at that ( a compliment not a dig!), if it happens again Mab, then let the nearest steward know and Im sure they will sort it out..........back me up Ozzy!!

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 16:19   #12

Wink Re: Seating for away fans

its not right at all.they could have kick off and then were would we be big fine
should have so many seat. near the away end. maybe one block
Grimps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 19:40   #13
Full Member+

"its not right at all.they could have kick off and then were would we be big fine
should have so many seat. near the away end. maybe one block"

Is it me......?
Oldgobbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 19:42   #14
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
always think positive macca, the negative in that is disasterous.

it wasn't a negative dig at all really, more an observation (the like of which Eric has made publicly) that by next season we have to have 2000 seats whilst we average only 1600 crowds at least half of which prefer to stand.
Old 11-08-2008, 19:42   #15
mab
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukcowboy View Post
Im actually quite surprised they didnt, our lads n lasses are usually pretty good at that ( a compliment not a dig!), if it happens again Mab, then let the nearest steward know and Im sure they will sort it out..........back me up Ozzy!!
one did walk past and up to the area behind the dugouts,were two others where,but to be fare to them they were looking after our Yank guests,so told him my self,i Do think that it should be made all ticket to home fans,when we have the likes of Bury,R/Dale and even macclesfield and other teams with a large following

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..