Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree43Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-09-2021, 23:12   #31
Senior Member+

Re: Shrewsbury home thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by choirboy View Post
Bob !.. I visited ' The Gallery ' on the fishy site and I'm sure that I spotted your good self blowing on your Vulvazela for all you were worth !..
All one can admire in a true fan !..
Thanks Alan…..
As ever…..100% behind the team!
The Vulvazela helps me to preserve my voice instead of shouting like a crazy man!
I was singing in Lancaster Priory the day before at the Installation Service of the new Sherrif of Lancashire, Edwin Booth of Booth’s Supermarket fame. We sang I was Glad by Parry and a setting of the Jubilate by Stanford.
I really enjoyed both days!
ON SANLEY ON.
[/QUOTE]

Bob !.. Following the C.V.Stanford Society's Facebook page, I listened to his Jubilate not long ago.. and have sung the Parry many times..
Although what this has to do with The Reds I can't think..
Take care of that voice !..
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 07-09-2021, 08:08   #32
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown Grounder View Post
Gentlemen. There is far too much optimism and excitement on this thread as to Stanleys and Shrewsbury's performance on Saturday. While a win and three points is always welcome....based on Saturdays performance...both the Stanley and the Shrews will do well to stay up in league 1, nevermind be in the top half. Missed chances and poor defending by both sides made for a poor quality game by two average sides. We had key players missing yesterday but I'm not sure if they had a similar excuse.....probably not. However we got the three points. Live in hope...and keep the faith....support the team and Coley. The next 2 Saturdays will give us a better idea where we might finish.....
did not expect a classic before the kick off. i,ve never actually seen a decent game where the opposition is shrewsbury town and not just at the wham either. yes it was a poor quality game with two possibly below average sides on the day not helped by a poor referee. having so many faces out of our side i was glad of the 3 points which i thought the lads deserved.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2021, 08:10   #33
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
Thanks Alan…..
As ever…..100% behind the team!
The Vulvazela helps me to preserve my voice instead of shouting like a crazy man!
I was singing in Lancaster Priory the day before at the Installation Service of the new Sherrif of Lancashire, Edwin Booth of Booth’s Supermarket fame. We sang I was Glad by Parry and a setting of the Jubilate by Stanford.
I really enjoyed both days!
ON SANLEY ON.
Bob !.. Following the C.V.Stanford Society's Facebook page, I listened to his Jubilate not long ago.. and have sung the Parry many times..
Although what this has to do with The Reds I can't think..
Take care of that voice !..[/QUOTE]

Just an explanation of how one supporter, myself in this case, expresses his support on match days. I bought ‘The Horn’ in the mid 1990’s and it allows my optimism and support to be expressed towards the team and the management.

Some supporters express themselves by shouting, singing, waving flags moaning or even writing to John Coleman! I do it by displaying the full Stanley colours in the way I dress on match days and by…..blowing my horn!
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2021, 08:17   #34
God Member

anyone notice the bit of non action mid way through the second half on saturday. the players were on the top half of the pitch and the ball stood about 10 yards on the pitch. we all know the score at that time and coley went on the pitch and kicked the ball in the direction of where all the players where. on coming off he was met by the jobsworth 4th official who said something to john and then got his pen and notepad out to obviously write down this vile incident. with what goes on in games and the benches you,d think they had better things to occupy them.
Old 07-09-2021, 10:15   #35
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
anyone notice the bit of non action mid way through the second half on saturday….he was met by the jobsworth 4th official…you,d think they had better things to occupy them.
That was probably the highlight of that jobsworth’s day! What else does a 4th official have to do other than get the extra time wrong and sneak to ‘sir’ about the managers.
monkey hanger likes this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2021, 18:06   #36
Senior Member+

Quote:
anyone notice the bit of non action mid way through the second half on saturday. the players were on the top half of the pitch and the ball stood about 10 yards on the pitch. we all know the score at that time and coley went on the pitch and kicked the ball in the direction of where all the players where. on coming off he was met by the jobsworth 4th official who said something to john and then got his pen and notepad out to obviously write down this vile incident. with what goes on in games and the benches you,d think they had better things to occupy them.
Maybe he's the phantom letter-writer MH ?.. jotting down notes for his next missive to JC !.
( ps.. As I forecast last week 3 so-called friends did ask me on Saturday if I was the one pestering our Manager with unwanted communications .. accusations of which I am totally innocent )....
monkey hanger likes this.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2021, 18:45   #37
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
Maybe he's the phantom letter-writer MH ?.. jotting down notes for his next missive to JC !.
( ps.. As I forecast last week 3 so-called friends did ask me on Saturday if I was the one pestering our Manager with unwanted communications .. accusations of which I am totally innocent )....
to ask you mate i would strike them off the friends list.
Old 08-09-2021, 07:36   #38
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
That was probably the highlight of that jobsworth’s day! What else does a 4th official have to do other than get the extra time wrong and sneak to ‘sir’ about the managers.
they are basically a buffer between the benches and the match officials. they get all the stick for mistakes they make or mistakes those on the bench think they make. did it once and flatly refused to do it a second time. too short a fuse to do that job.
Old 08-09-2021, 08:54   #39
God Member

Quote:
they are basically a buffer between the benches and the match officials. they get all the stick for mistakes they make or mistakes those on the bench think they make. did it once and flatly refused to do it a second time. too short a fuse to do that job.
At games I have on countless occasion,s sreamed at liners and referees but at the end of the day without the game wouldn't exist.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..