Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-12-2022, 20:54   #16

Re: Shrimps Away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi John View Post
A bad way to end the year. Im going outside to get comfort from new car.
Why not Kiwi. Enjoy your new luxury car. Best wishes for the New Year.
Kiwi John likes this.
Crown Grounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 29-12-2022, 20:56   #17
God Member

Terrible performance bad news about Joe Pritchard but that was two awful sides I can only think Delfounesue,Sisse and Hardy must be absolutely awful in training because what was on show upfront tonight was powder puff at shooting in big trouble now big fight on our hands to stay in this league with what is looking a poorer side by the game.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2022, 21:18   #18
God Member

Thumbs down Re: Shrimps Away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Terrible performance bad news about Joe Pritchard but that was two awful sides I can only think Delfounesue,Sisse and Hardy must be absolutely awful in training because what was on show upfront tonight was powder puff at shooting in big trouble now big fight on our hands to stay in the league with what is looking a poorer side by the game.
Amended

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2022, 21:23   #19
Senior Member+

QUO VADIS STANLEY ??..
The answer is exactly nowhere with the substandard eleven who were just kicking a ball around tonight instead of playing football.
The basic skills needed to control, pass, and shoot a football were for the most part missing and any ideas relating to scoring goals seems not to be part of our so called 'strikers' footballing vocabulary. Hence NO GOALS and an easy win for a not-that-good Moecambe team,.
So with this abysmal squad it seems to be near the truth to suggest that now the Reds begin a lengthy languish in the twilight zone which is the relegation threatened four propping up League1.

QUO VADIS STANLEY ??.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2022, 22:51   #20
God Member

Can only reiterate the comments on here. Absolutely toothless.
Notwithstanding the ‘shots on target’ (just about everyone of which went straight into Ripley’s ample stomach) Stanley never looked like they understood that the sole purpose of the game is to score goals, not to repeatedly pass to the nearest marked man.
Pritchard’s injury didn’t look good, hope I’m wrong.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2022, 06:41   #21
Full Member+

Whats frustrating to hear with these type of games is when the manager says in his post match interview that we did OK! I must have watched a completely different game.
cashman likes this.
Watchdog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2022, 08:44   #22
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchdog View Post
Whats frustrating to hear with these type of games is when the manager says in his post match interview that we did OK! I must have watched a completely different game.
I have to agree we were awful.
Old 30-12-2022, 10:29   #23

The writing was on the wall before kick-off last night as Stanley's strikers (sic) lined up for some shooting practise.
50% off their efforts were wildly off-target & the rest were saved by our agile 3rd choice keeper.
Oh how we laughed. By half-time, no one was laughing.
For 30 minutes Stanley promised to serve up a festive treat. Unfortuantely, the turkey on the menu was us.
Morecambe didn't need 62% possession. In Cole Stockton they had what Stanley lacked - an old-school centre forward strong enough to resist the hardest challenge & skilful enough to provide a killer pass. He was instrumental in both goals.
Last night proved that clever passing & possession football mean absolutely nothing without an end result - the ball in the back of the net!
In 3 days we face a much stiffer derby. I fear this time the writing really is on the wall for Stanley - and it begins with the letter 'R'.
yonmon and Watchdog like this.
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2022, 10:33   #24
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchdog View Post
Coley.in the interview... and I quote !..
" Football's a funny game "... I notice that he and others are not laughing that much !.
Those players that failed miserably last night must be desperately unhappy with their lot as they face what's to come !..
QUO VADIS STANLEY ??
Old 30-12-2022, 11:58   #25
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Can only reiterate the comments on here. Absolutely toothless.
Notwithstanding the ‘shots on target’ (just about everyone of which went straight into Ripley’s ample stomach) Stanley never looked like they understood that the sole purpose of the game is to score goals, not to repeatedly pass to the nearest marked man.
Pritchard’s injury didn’t look good, hope I’m wrong.
The other week Coleman said that Adeoyin was lacking in confidence but was the best hitter of a ball at the club not hard watching lasts night,s pathetic effort,s at shooting.
Old 30-12-2022, 12:09   #26
God Member

I remember the days when away Clubs/supporters used to compliment Stanley FANs......

Hope that this is nothing serious.....

https://www.accringtonstanley.co.uk/...ent-morecambe/
yonmon likes this.

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2022, 13:47   #27

It was a tough watch last night, especially as it was are near rivals "The Shrimps". Stanley provided plenty of effort in both the first and second halves, and also created 5 or 6 really good chances. Our finishing let us down and we didn't have any luck on the night. If Astley's goal bound header goes in in the first half its a different game. But! Morecambe's striking talisman heads it off the line.....Oh for Goal Line technology! (NOT!). We also created 4 other really good chances......well played Rosaire and Pritchard.....but our finishing was so poor. Anyway, I think we are "just" 3 or so players short of a good mid-table team.

Will they arrive in Janauary? Who knows, but surely we are due SOME good luck eventually this season. We've had a poor first half, let's keep positive and maybe, just maybe our second half will improve........

With apologies to Yonmon..........NOS NON RELEGANDA! Have I

translated that correctly Yonmon?

AND above all: Keep the faith!
Crown Grounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2022, 14:42   #28
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown Grounder View Post
It was a tough watch last night, especially as it was are near rivals "The Shrimps". Stanley provided plenty of effort in both the first and second halves, and also created 5 or 6 really good chances. Our finishing let us down and we didn't have any luck on the night. If Astley's goal bound header goes in in the first half its a different game. But! Morecambe's striking talisman heads it off the line.....Oh for Goal Line technology! (NOT!). We also created 4 other really good chances......well played Rosaire and Pritchard.....but our finishing was so poor. Anyway, I think we are "just" 3 or so players short of a good mid-table team.

Will they arrive in Janauary? Who knows, but surely we are due SOME good luck eventually this season. We've had a poor first half, let's keep positive and maybe, just maybe our second half will improve........

With apologies to Yonmon..........NOS NON RELEGANDA! Have I

translated that correctly Yonmon?

AND above all: Keep the faith!
Our Forum is getting to be most erudite CG !.. and Lord S hasn't started yet !.. I'm tempted to add that being erudite should help us stick together.. but that's a pun too far I guess ?.
I know that relegation is a far distant proposition and will hopefully never become a reality.
However, a winter of discontent does seem to be staring the Reds in the face at this moment and my premise that the lack of quality throughout the squad does make it appear a more than difficult journey they have to take !.
Of course I fervently hope that JC and JB can make the changes necessary to reverse the current situation, and that my comments don't in any way indicate a diminishing of the affection which I hold for our Club !..and I promise to keep the faith !.
Crown Grounder and pifco like this.
Old 30-12-2022, 15:13   #29

Got what we deserved last night on and off the pitch. Dreadful performance from the team and our fans continually singing about someone having a heart attack wasn’t a great way to represent our club.
yonmon and Watchdog like this.
Jeg Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2022, 02:09   #30

What is actually going on at the club at the moment?

We have already been fined once this season for singing chants that should never of been sang. This is the Accrington that use to get praise for behaviour and constant noise.

First relegation battle for the club in a long time. We need few new players in the loan window and really kick on or else L2.

From listening to the raw milk podcast. I agree the club has a very weird feeling around the place at the moment.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..