Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-06-2007, 23:35   #31
I am Banned

Re: Smoking Policy

As a non-smoker I've always had a live-and-let-live approach to smokers (although the intolerant and politically correct mob would doubtless call that a live-and-let-die policy).

However, I confess to being puzzled by the 100% ban which ASFC feels compelled to impose on smokers.

Stadia in my home town of Halifax will not be subject to such indiscriminate regimentation, and followers of soccer, rugby union and rugby league will all be able to smoke in certain areas - even those with vestigial roofs.

www.halifaxcourier.co.uk/local-news?articlid=2988590

Is this because Stanley are governed by a League 2 edict ?

I ask the question genuinely.
Henry Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-06-2007, 07:35   #32
God Member

it was trialled in the Championship after summat like 65% (out of 40 odd thousand) of surveyed fans said they would rather have the ban. After a successful trail it was decided to roll it out across the Football League in line with the National Smoking Ban
Old 01-07-2007, 00:51   #33
I am Banned

Thanks for that info , Rob.

It would appear that supporters of League football will be unable to smoke anywhere inside their ground, while Conference, Blue Sq, Unibond and lower leagues will have carte blanche .

Non-League is obviously set for a Renaissance, then ?
Henry Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 18:57   #34

Alright, so i have given you a few days to get all the non sensical comments off your chests. This smoking ban sucks ! Anyone who is a non smoker has the right to go into a non smoking establishment. By the same token, a smoker should surely have the right to have a smoking establishment? This is called Freedom of Choice, which this pox ridden Govt obviously doesn't believe in. And, to our smart Aussie friend (all Aussies think they are smart), i lived in South Africa for 14 years, and travelled frequently to Europe, and the Far East. Personally, i welcomed the ban on smoking on flights. Even as a smoker, there was nothing worse than sitting next to a smoker on an aeroplane.
I was in the Swan in Bolton yesterday, where hundreds defied the ban, and we were treated to some fantastic music from the Accrington Pipe Band. They were brilliant, and well done to them !
Jethro Tull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 19:13   #35

shame the landlord will soon back down or he will loose is personel license
Old 02-07-2007, 19:30   #36
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro Tull View Post
Alright, so i have given you a few days to get all the non sensical comments off your chests. This smoking ban sucks ! Anyone who is a non smoker has the right to go into a non smoking establishment. By the same token, a smoker should surely have the right to have a smoking establishment? This is called Freedom of Choice, which this pox ridden Govt obviously doesn't believe in. And, to our smart Aussie friend (all Aussies think they are smart), i lived in South Africa for 14 years, and travelled frequently to Europe, and the Far East. Personally, i welcomed the ban on smoking on flights. Even as a smoker, there was nothing worse than sitting next to a smoker on an aeroplane.
I was in the Swan in Bolton yesterday, where hundreds defied the ban, and we were treated to some fantastic music from the Accrington Pipe Band. They were brilliant, and well done to them !
What has any of this to do with Stanley?

Now it’s out in the open, there are no secrets at the club.
Oggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 21:20   #37
Full Member+

Red face Re: Smoking Policy

If we have to endure more of the nerve janglers that we had last season i'm gonna need patches,inhalors and gum ! anyone know a good cheap chemist ?
carpon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 21:43   #38
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
it was trialled in the Championship after summat like 65% (out of 40 odd thousand) of surveyed fans said they would rather have the ban. After a successful trail it was decided to roll it out across the Football League in line with the National Smoking Ban
What sort of trials were held ?
Old 03-07-2007, 04:06   #39
Senior Member+

I,ve been away for a lot of years but do I understand that you say, you can,t shout at the ref or you will be booted out? If so I have to smile when I think back to Peel Park and some of the stuff we gave to the refs.
ossy kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 19:11   #40

As a smoker the ban will certainly not put me off going to watch Stanley, in fact i`m not that bothered that i wont be able to smoke as i think i smoke way to much during the game anyway, when normally in the same time span i would only probably smoke one or two fags, depending on how early i get to the ground.
Old 03-07-2007, 21:34   #41
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haz66 View Post
depending on how early i get to the ground.
That's something not mentioned yet, why should smokers arrive early as the club keeps advising and have a beer without a ciggie when they can stay in the pub until the last minute with a beer and a ciggie, remember its not just smokers who will arrive just in time but there mates as well. I think we will find more people turning up at the last minute to get in, lets hope that the club makes sure more than one turnstile is open.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..