Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-03-2006, 08:30   #46
Resting In Peace

Re: Southport tonight

We were playing against a team that before last night's game had scored the fewest goals in the league and conceded the most. We had scored in every game this season because we have been playing with two up front. Why did we drop a striker (Brown) and replace him with a midfielder (Boyd) ? Surely against the worst defence in the league we should have been playing as we have all season, not reverting to last season's tactics with one up front. Why have we gone back to kicking the ball out of play from the kick off ? We used to do that last season. Four sent off in four games, suspensions, no defence for Saturday. We seem to be panicking and tinkering with tactics, why not play the way we have all season which had seen us go on such a great run.
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-03-2006, 08:38   #47
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad
can I have some of the same medication that he's on!
He's on commission from the manufacturers of Valium.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2006, 15:57   #48

Southport deserved the win, but the defence on accrington where performing trying to push the team , but the midfield wernt having it though , too much skill because they where top of the league and southport need to win,so they played extremely well and you cant play like they did away! anyway theres no worries we need to push the team on for the next game and show them our support to get back where we should be in football! its only one loss!
5tanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2006, 17:35   #49

Talking Re: Southport tonight

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5tanley
its only one loss!
You forgot to add SINCE OCTOBER Yet it seems a good enough reason for some stupid welsh gits to think we've blown it... HAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

I bet you that Hereford will have a 'shock' result (yes another one) during their run in - we should all INVADE their board when it happens... would be sweet if it was against the Harriers but I cant see that somehow - but what I can see is it WILL happen to them... No-ones infalable as we found out last night and also contradictory to what the Hereford fans believe of their team at the moment....

Jimbo T blower

Born and Bred in Accrington - You cant BUY class

"We invented the big time now we're back in the big time" ( Loweiy circa 2006 )

AND THATS WHERE WE'RE STAYIN!!!!

Last edited by Jimbo T Hornblower; 22-03-2006 at 17:43.
Jimbo T Hornblower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2006, 18:11   #50
God Member

It will be against our fishy friends morecambe they will do us a huge favour and beat them therefore Hereford will blow their game in hand!

For stanley to win this league we need to fight for it and stop turning up like weve already won the game, this has been the case for the last few games which we have scrapped through.

NO crisis not yet anyway
Old 22-03-2006, 18:19   #51

I went to the game last night with my son. I think we lost because the drum was not beating as it usually does. I know there has been a lot of discussion on the good and bad points of the drum but its almost like the slaves in the ships in roman times, they row to the beat of the drum....maybe our team use the drum to up the tempo

I would still not swap places with any other team, although its going to be a tough game at York on Saturday!
RossendaleRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2006, 19:32   #52

jimbo we will invade there board haha , come on people cheer up one game lost hu gives a t*ss! we just learn form it and carry on theway we have been doing!
5tanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2006, 00:05   #53

The result against Southport doesnt make Saturdays game any tougher than it already was going to be.. Its still the same game...

Jimbo T blower

Old 23-03-2006, 05:57   #54
Senior Member+

If anything the rollicking the lads will have recieved of Coley could fire them up...
Old 25-03-2006, 16:27   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo T Hornblower
You forgot to add SINCE OCTOBER Yet it seems a good enough reason for some stupid welsh gits to think we've blown it... HAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

I bet you that Hereford will have a 'shock' result (yes another one) during their run in - we should all INVADE their board when it happens... would be sweet if it was against the Harriers but I cant see that somehow - but what I can see is it WILL happen to them... No-ones infalable as we found out last night and also contradictory to what the Hereford fans believe of their team at the moment....

Jimbo T blower
Sayin nowt

Jimbo T (smug git) blower

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..